Blow this roster up | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Blow this roster up

In the first half of his soph season, MCW had a strong propensity to jump up in the air and pass the ball to the other team. He fixed that and was pretty damn good in the second half of the season. He was also not a good shooter but might have been OK that year.

I don't recall much toward MCW if I'm being honest...I think there was some debate about whether he should get time as a Frosh??? I don't recall any substantial debate about him as a Sophomore. Perhaps I'm mistaken.

I think with Triche, at least that year, the issue was more about his shooting. Some people thought he was an amazing shooter, and insisted on this for four years - those same people generally fell into the crowd that had a very strong dislike of Scoop Jardine, and insisted he was an abysmal shooter that we could replace by giving more PT to Brandon Reese. :) The walk-on. I think those people wanted Triche as PG, maybe?

As a result, I think there was a lot of animosity flowing back and forth about Triche and how to define his skill set.

That argument also sometimes devolved into whether our redshirt super-shooter (by rep at the time) Trevor Cooney, should get some more minutes in case we needed some shooting at some point. I think overall, a lot of the Triche stuff was just carry-over from Scoop/Triche arguments though. It was all rather dramatic at the time.

That's my recollection.

With those two it was an agenda battle. So half the board trashed MCW while the other half went after Triche.

the funny thing is some of the guys who took a beating on this board...triche, cooney, forth...all played on F4 teams.

With those two it was an agenda battle. So half the board trashed MCW while the other half went after Triche.

Triche was getting bashed far before MCW showed up on campus...

the funny thing is some of the guys who took a beating on this board...triche, cooney, forth...all played on F4 teams.
Would you trade a losing season for a championship?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CoachDiddi

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom