Bob Chesney | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

Not to mention don’t we have one or two horrific NCAA upsets in that town?
I have driven through Worcester on the way to NH many times. The interstate curves around the Holy Cross football stadium. It is a small stadium but looks nice enough for the level they play. Unfortunate there is an interstate that goes right next to it.

The only time I ever spent time there was when we played in the NCAA tournament there against Vermont.

Suffice it to say I have sadly not forgotten and the memories are not good ones.

Not sure I want Cheney but I think he should be in the top five, at least from what I have seen to date.

I have said this multiple times. Chesney is the best option. Offensive minded and he has been highly successful at 3 schools and he has recruited at the schools in Syracuse's former recruiting base. Don't bring in a Babers or a Greg Robinson who both totally ignored the recruiting base and the results show it.

The real question is would he come to Syracuse? He would have been the top candidate for the BC job, but Hafley is going to go 6-6 or so, so he lives for another season, but the job should open up in the near future and I think Chesney would prefer BC.
I think like you do here.

I do disagree in that Bob would relish the thought of being a king in Syracuse vs a prince in Boston. he’s going to enjoy the support a town like Syracuse would provide vs Boston. I’m assuming money would be equal at both spots for most part.

Chesney isnt’ from Boston fwiw. He is more Ohio than Boston and Syracuse is more Ohio than Boston.

I think if he’s the guy this will be quick hire. A guy like chesney would need support and the fact Nunzio is the HC right now makes me wonder if this is the type of hire they would go with.

Above all the program needs energy. It doesn’t need retreads or guys looking for a second shot. We need the guy who is being given the opportunity of a lifetime. If he takes it and crushes it and ends up at Ohio St well then that’s a great thing because we are at that level where big boys want our coaches again.

This is the time for our Rick Pitino type who will out energize the competition.

I do disagree in that Bob would relish the thought of being a king in Syracuse vs a prince in Boston. he’s going to enjoy the support a town like Syracuse would provide vs Boston. I’m assuming money would be equal at both spots for most part.

Chesney isnt’ from Boston fwiw. He is more Ohio than Boston and Syracuse is more Ohio than Boston.

I think if he’s the guy this will be quick hire. A guy like chesney would need support and the fact Nunzio is the HC right now makes me wonder if this is the type of hire they would go with.

Above all the program needs energy. It doesn’t need retreads or guys looking for a second shot. We need the guy who is being given the opportunity of a lifetime. If he takes it and crushes it and ends up at Ohio St well then that’s a great thing because we are at that level where big boys want our coaches again.

This is the time for our Rick Pitino type who will out energize the competition.

Worcester ain’t Boston.

I have this concern with literally anyone we hire. I really think this is hard for anyone coming to Syracuse. We don’t have a massive check book.

If we hired orgeron imagine the island of misfit toys coordinators we’d have.
finally, someone on this thread agrees with me.

I have this concern with literally anyone we hire. I really think this is hard for anyone coming to Syracuse. We don’t have a massive check book.

If we hired orgeron imagine the island of misfit toys coordinators we’d have.
I have no doubt Mullen would put together a solid staff. I think other coaches with D-1 experience would also have an easier time doing so.

How's this guy's recruiting track record? From most accounts he's an up and coming star, and true enough he needs to hire a good staff. But i'm on board with starting from scratch- just not some flash that's looking for an exit ramp at first opportunity.

How's this guy's recruiting track record? From most accounts he's an up and coming star, and true enough he needs to hire a good staff. But i'm on board with starting from scratch- just not some flash that's looking for an exit ramp at first opportunity.
He coaches at Holy Cross. Obviously he’s landed several 4-5 star players himself. Also has an excellent track record with scooping up all the 5 star players from the New England area.

He’s from Pennsylvania. Why wouldn’t you just say he’s from there? “He’s more Ohio”? Weird.

I have driven through Worcester on the way to NH many times. The interstate curves around the Holy Cross football stadium. It is a small stadium but looks nice enough for the level they play. Unfortunate there is an interstate that goes right next to it.

The only time I ever spent time there was when we played in the NCAA tournament there against Vermont.

Suffice it to say I have sadly not forgotten and the memories are not good ones.

Not sure I want Cheney but I think he should be in the top five, at least from what I have seen to date.
I’ve seen a game there. Was a playoff game in December of last year but good environment. My buddy actually has worked under chesney in s&c at HC

Best eggs benny I've ever had was at my Woosta dining hall at UMass at 11pm on wednesdays. I still think about it.

OT. One year back in the 1940s BC was elite and was playing Holy Cross in the final game of the year at Fenway. BC was heavily favored and had a victory party scheduled for a Boston nightclub. HC drubbed them badly and the party was canceled; the Coconut Grove burned that night and hundreds died.

I just think this guy would be so thrilled for the opportunity and would work really hard to not mess up his opportunity. I’m worried another “name” coach would split after a few good seasons. I could see Chesney making cuse his home forever

I just think this guy would be so thrilled for the opportunity and would work really hard to not mess up his opportunity. I’m worried another “name” coach would split after a few good seasons. I could see Chesney making cuse his home forever
Why is that so bad if someone has a ton of success here and leaves? They would be leaving things better than they found them and we’d enjoy the wins.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom