Bob Chesney | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

Is this guy credible? He's reported Wildhack and others were in Chicago and also that Chesney was in Syracuse all weekend. Theoretically possible but somewhat contradictory.

Not sure how many posts have to say it since yesterday. JW wasn't in Chicago yesterday, the account that info is from has been right exactly 0% of the time.

If Chesney gets the gig, it's late for Holy Cross to go coach shopping. It's not out of the realm of possibilities they hire his staff to be continuity and he brings 1-2 guys with him. The reverse domino is the impact on holy cross will be interesting to keep an eye on as well. Chesney must be really dancing btw two scenarios right now in a big way all the while trying to hold on to a recruiting class and hitting the portal in a week.

He must have a deadline given to him in which JW will make a decision here.

Not calling anything. Just pointing out coincidences. We do play tomorrow night vs LSU and if an announcement is coming Tuesday or Wednesday I can see it tomorrow night at halftime like we did with Marrone. But again, it’s just piecing together coincidences.

I hope we have a separate presser. It would be the more professional thing to do and take Q&A from the reporters...

All of these other P5 schools with openings/hirings and not one even remotely considered hiring from FCS. But, Syracuse believes, just like our recruiting philosophy, they can find a hidden gem from the FCS level. Typical and disappointing.
How does that represent the current recruiting philosophy?

Shafer maybe, but that was a long time ago.

If DT is somehow right, you’d think it would get leaked before the school officially announces it. Don’t see how Thamel wouldn’t get the scoop before the official announcement like he does everywhere else. Announcement tomorrow leak tonight hopefully, I’m ready for this to be over and to be on to roster building.

Fine with this if we can’t afford to go all in duking it out with the major programs in NIL.

If it works out he’s gone as soon as next year but we get the buyout money for a new coach.

Steve Addazio Weekly News Conference: Sept. 3, 2018

STEVE ADDAZIO: All right, guys. Appreciate you all coming out here on Labor Day. Week two, college football season. Excited to get going in week two, a chance to bring our team to 2-0, playing Holy Cross, a traditional rival game back in the day for Boston College. Certainly another geographical game where there's great fan interest. Speaking of which, I want to thank our fans and our students for their support last week. It was fantastic. We're looking for another great opportunity to see our fans and our students out again this week.

Holy Cross came off a game against Colgate last week. I've had a chance to interact with their head coach Bob Chesney, and I think just a really classy guy, did an unbelievable job here at Assumption, and I think is a heck of a football coach, so I know that he will have his team prepared. We're looking forward towards that match-up on Saturday.

https://twitter.com/PeteNakos_

Source: Holy Cross OT Luke Newman plans to enter the transfer portal. The 6-foot-4, 310-pound senior was tabbed by multiple outlets as an FCS Preseason All-American. The Bloomfield, Mich., native is a three-time All-Patriot League selection.
This is off Twitter and only from a source? This isn't true...come on man...why are you peddling lies on the board... no named source? Your just trying to pretend like you know something here but we don't really know. I am saying this as you were pretty critical of the others, it doesn't look good when you make comments like this. Just showing as an example.
Is this guy credible? He's reported Wildhack and others were in Chicago and also that Chesney was in Syracuse all weekend. Theoretically possible but somewhat contradictory.
Not really. I doubt when a candidate comes onsite they are with JW 24/7. I could see JW having a 2 or 3 hour sit down. Walking through all the elements of the job. Probably grab a bite together. Maybe hands off showing facilities to a lower end resource on his team. Maybe connects with him one more time that day. By Sunday JW is on a plane and maybe the family is checking out some of the area...hitting the Dinosaur...yadda, yadda

Tortora knows if he throws enough chit at the wall it'll stick. And then he can claim he got it right.
Well he has been more right so far than any “insiders” on this free message board so maybe people should apologize for being so discrediting and rude to him? Or is basic decency and admittance of error too much to ask for on an anonymous board

Tortora knows if he throws enough chit at the wall it'll stick. And then he can claim he got it right.
Say Tuesday or Wednesday. If you are right great. If not it hit a snag

Well he has been more right so far than any “insiders” on this free message board so maybe people should apologize for being so discrediting and rude to him? Or is basic decency and admittance of error too much to ask for on an anonymous board
When you say right you mean contradictory and not correct I assume? Because he has literally posted a ridiculous coach candidate list that has no basis in reality and then says Chesney is in town all weekend and ADJW leaves for Chicago. If he is the guy and you are trying to get a deal done why leave town if the candidate who is the guy is in town? To bnoro's point he is notorious for just picking things up and throwing them against the wall until he hits a bullseye. I won't even go into the poor interview quality of this "journo".

There’s no striking in jujitsu
I’m not talking about BJJ, but MMA. Two very different things. I’m all for kids learning martial arts, particularly the grappling ones.

I’m not talking about BJJ, but MMA. Two very different things. I’m all for kids learning martial arts, particularly the grappling ones.
I was just naming one that doesn’t have striking. Pretty you can’t box til you are over 12? Could be wrong, Muay Thai doesnt allow it til a certain age but then again ppl don’t really care. It’s not much different then football though..remember being unconscious a few times in pop Warner. Granted that was the 90s

I was just naming one that doesn’t have striking. Pretty you can’t box til you are over 12? Could be wrong, Muay Thai doesnt allow it til a certain age but then again ppl don’t really care. It’s not much different then football though..remember being unconscious a few times in pop Warner. Granted that was the 90s
Can we please not do another youth sport derailment in this thread? PLEASE

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom