Bob Chesney | Page 42 | Syracusefan.com

Bob Chesney

It is a lot better job. Better facilities, better fan base, better recruiting area.

And the program is in a far better place.

Good move by Chesney. I bet he does okay there. Not as well as Cignetti, who I think will be a disaster at Indiana.
If we’re being honest couldn’t we say the same about us compared to JMU. Happy we ended up rolling the dice with Fran though based on what I’ve seen so far it seems like Wildhack made the right move at the right time

Yes it is

But also, Texas A&M threw a truckload of $$$$$$$ at him and he decided to come here to be with Coach Fran….

Don’t think he would change his mind on his close friend like that
Was he offered the DC job at A$M?

If we’re being honest couldn’t we say the same about us compared to JMU. Happy we ended up rolling the dice with Fran though based on what I’ve seen so far it seems like Wildhack made the right move at the right time
No.

We have a better fanbase, better tradition, better facility (loudest venue in college football).

That said, I think JW made the right call, as did Bob.

As badly damaged as it is, Syracuse still has an identifiable brand in football. I also think that changes will continue to occur in college football. If the top level of the sport begins to contract, geography will start to matter in a way it hasn't to this point. Not having any program north of State College (or Piscataway) in the northeast would be a problem. And Syracuse still has a far better brand in football AND basketball than Boston College does.

It would be very good for college football if Fran turns the program around - Syracuse could quickly go from an afterthought to a key piece of the puzzle in creating a new reality.

yawn

No.

We have a better fanbase, better tradition, better facility (loudest venue in college football).

That said, I think JW made the right call, as did Bob.
Bob would not have been succesful here. This job needed someone like Fran with his connections.

Bob would have like been drinking a Coke - Fran is like snorting Coke lol.

Does it make sense to others that he will do well there quicker than he would do well here? I believe he’s a good coach but I think he’d need a few years to establish here, for a number of reasons, but i was a believer in Chesney

A program that’s already in a good standing like JMU I think he can make it turn key. Hope he does well

Does it make sense to others that he will do well there quicker than he would do well here? I believe he’s a good coach but I think he’d need a few years to establish here, for a number of reasons, but i was a believer in Chesney

A program that’s already in a good standing like JMU I think he can make it turn key. Hope he does well
I think it makes a lot of sense. Weaker conference, program that’s already established to be successful against its level of competition. I think the biggest thing for him is expectations - they’ll want to see a continuation on their current arc.

Chesney is a proven program builder and a very good football coach. The people at BC know that and they will go after Chesney whenever they fire Hafley. They didn't fire Hafley this year due to his buyout.

As badly damaged as it is, Syracuse still has an identifiable brand in football. I also think that changes will continue to occur in college football. If the top level of the sport begins to contract, geography will start to matter in a way it hasn't to this point. Not having any program north of State College (or Piscataway) in the northeast would be a problem. And Syracuse still has a far better brand in football AND basketball than Boston College does.

It would be very good for college football if Fran turns the program around - Syracuse could quickly go from an afterthought to a key piece of the puzzle in creating a new reality.
Not for anyone under 30 ish

Just watched the JMU intro presser for Chesney. Very impressive. While I am over the moon with Coach Fran, I think we would have been in good hands with Coach Bob.
Nice to see such quality HC candidates for our SU job.
Makes one wonder what might have been had we hired a NE guy with recruiting cred instead of guy a couple of regions away knowing nobody. Seem obvious in retrospect. @#$*&%

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom