Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte | Page 10 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte

Maybe. Still feel like for the most part, the same guys will be getting to the league that would’ve got their anyway. The same guys will be playing overseas that would’ve anyway. And the same guys will move on to other careers, who would’ve done so anyways.

A few guys will find the perfect program for them to elevate their stock, but most won’t.

Hopefully a lot of these guys are taking other things into account beyond their unlikely pro careers, and going somewhere that they will enjoy their remaining college years at and also going places they will benefit from.
I'm sure some of it is about trying to get to the league, but in a lot of cases, I think it's as simple as "I went to Syracuse and didn't play and realized that even if it's the school I originally wanted, I'm just not happy if I'm not playing" and they'll be willing to settle for more playing time at a smaller school, like Moyer for example who finally found a spot at George Washington after being frustrated with Syracuse and Vanderbilt.

Hahaha Yes. Look at the numbers when Buddy was shooting the most on the team, by far, and who was scoring and being the most efficient.

HAHAHAHA.

HAHAHAHAHA.
We made the tournament and sweet 16 with Buddy playing. You just have wishful thinking as the alternative.

Yes! That's what makes this so fun!

Yeah, it’s the “backup QB syndrome” but now on a massive scale.

Each one of these guys thinks they could be The Man, in the right situation.

And clearly the current one ain’t it, because they’re the backup here.

But someplace else - it’s all rainbows and moonbeams and unicorn farts and they unleash their inner LeBron and dominate.

He wasn't a great rebounder... his DR% (12.3%) was way less than Quincy's (18.2%) and was also less than AG's (15.2%). His numbers were better than Marek's, though (only 10.8%).
I'll give you not a great rebounder. But that wasn't what was said. I was told he COULDN'T rebound. That's why I'm questioning the response.

Last edited:
Exactly we are not Wake. How many times do I have to remind you guys we just went to the Sweet 16 and we might lose 1 less player then Wake.
by the way, did it ever occur to you that the players making it known right now that they are leaving are doing us a big favor? We can't recruit their ships while they are still here. Did that ever flash in that mind of yours. That maybe JB told them, i need to know as soon as possible what your intentions are so that I don't come away empty handed in the portal. Nah. you never even thought of that.

I think he is gone. I was told by someone very, very, very close to the program that they weren't so sure about that. They then followed up by telling me someone I wasn't counting on leaving, was doing just that. May you live in interesting times.
Would be pretty nuts if Bras leaving keeps Woody here, that would also help with Kadary I think. I think
Most of us would sign up for Woody over Bras

by the way, did it ever occur to you that the players making it known right now that they are leaving are doing us a big favor? We can't recruit their ships while they are still here. Did that ever flash in that mind of yours. That maybe JB told them, i need to know as soon as possible what your intentions are so that I don't come away empty handed in the portal. Nah. you never even thought of that.

Did u miss the fact we were just in the Sweet 16. We are not a bottom feeder of the ACC like Wake Forest is. We should not be losing as many players as Wake coming off a season like ours compared to theirs.

When ? Guys who have already long since entered the portal we haven't been in the teams listed. BTW if Jimmy is coming here why is he not already here or rumors out there.
Well...we did have some things going on up until the other day. But you clearly are too clueless to figure that out.

Would be pretty nuts if Bras leaving keeps Woody here, that would also help with Kadary I think. I think
Most of us would sign up for Woody over Bras
I agree but there are some pretty heavy duty Bras fans in this thread. They may not see it that way.

a little surprised with braswell. he's been first off the bench lately. he'd entered JB'S "circle of trust "

tumblr_m278ge9V4z1rtvj32o1_500.jpg

When ? Guys who have already long since entered the portal we haven't been in the teams listed. BTW if Jimmy is coming here why is he not already here or rumors out there.

Actually there are rumors out there. Apparently nobody told your sources Paulie and Infanti and whoever else you go to for inside info.

I agree but there are some pretty heavy duty Bras fans in this thread. They may not see it that way.
I suspect people like Bras for his demeanor, selflessness, and fun style of play. Also for battling through injuries. But most are realistic about what he can bring to the next few years compared to Woody's potential

I *heart* Earl.

But if it’s down to Bras or Woody, then I’d wager almost everybody chooses Woody.
Much more of an all-around game than Bras, and he doesn’t have bad wheels.

Exactly we are not Wake. How many times do I have to remind you guys we just went to the Sweet 16 and we might lose 1 less player then Wake.
Follow me here...it's not about "how many" we lose, it's more about "who" we lose. Buddy, JG3, Jesse, Frank, are probably solid. KR is the key for me. Anywhere he goes, he will instantly make them better- he's that good. And if he ends up close to home at a UConn or Seton Hall, we will rue the day he rode the bench while he "wasn't ready". That's my only nightmare scenario and even then, if we get an adequate replacement, I'll learn to live w/ it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
whodatnatn

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom