Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Bobby Braswell transferring to Charlotte

Great.

We were a block away from being NIT.

Loved the run.

Not a fan of accepting an 11 seed as being what to expect.

We were a block away from being NIT.

This comment has zero to do with Buddy getting playing time and leading us to the sweet 16.

We know exactly what happened with Buddy getting the playing time.
We don't know what would have happened with Buddy not playing as much. Chances are we wouldn't have gone to the Sweet 16.

Not a fan of accepting an 11 seed as being what to expect.
Again not relevant to Buddy.

I'd say we're on par with our peers...

Calvin Felder, 6-6, 230, F, Soph., Boston College (9.7 ppg)
Jay Heath, 6-3, 175, G, Soph., Boston College (14.5 ppg)
Rich Kelly, 6-1, 175, G, Sr., Boston College (11.0 ppg)
Wynston Tabbs, 6-2, 190, G, Jr., Boston College (13.3 ppg) – EAST CAROLINA
John Newman, 6-5, 210, G, J.r, Clemson (3.7 ppg)
Olivier-Maxence Prosper, 6-8, 220, F, Fr., Clemson (2.5 ppg)
Jaemyn Brakefield, 6-8, 215, F, Fr., Duke (3.5 ppg)
Shaheed Medlock, 6-5, 195, G, Sr., Georgia Tech (1.0 ppg)
Aidan Igiehon, 6-10, 245, F, Soph., Louisville (2.6 ppg)
Matt Cross, 6-8, 225, F, Fr., Miami (6.9 ppg) – LOUISVILLE
Elijah Olaniyi, 6-5, 205, G, Sr., Miami (10.5 ppg)
Earl Timberlake, 6-6, 215, G, Fr., Miami (9.3 ppg)
Chris Lykes, 5-7, 160, G, Sr., Miami
AJ Taylor, 6-6, 205, F, RS Jr., NC State (Injured – played one game)
Sterling Manley, 6-11, 250, C, Jr., North Carolina (0.5 ppg)
Walker Kessler, 7-1, 245, C, Fr., North Carolina (4.4 ppg)
Nikola Djogo, 6-8, 225, SF, RS Sr., Notre Dame (5.0 ppg)
Terrell Brown, 6-10, 235, F, Sr., Pittsburgh (2.5 ppg)
Abdoul Karim Coulibaly, 6-8, 215, F, Soph., Pittsburgh (5.2 ppg)
Xavier Johnson, 6-3, 200, G, Jr., Pittsburgh (14.2 ppg, 5.7 apg)
Au’Diese Toney, 6-6, 210, G, Jr., Pittsburgh (14.4 ppg, 5.9 rpg)
Casey Morsell, 6-3, 195, G, Soph., Virginia (4.4 ppg)
Jabri Abdur-Rahim, 6-7, 214, G, Fr., Virginia
Jalen Cone, 5-10, 170, G, Soph., Virginia Tech (9.2 ppg)
Quadry Adams, 6-3, 190, G, Fr., Wake Forest (2.2 ppg)
Blake Buchanan, 6-5, 205, G, Jr., Wake Forest
Jalen Johnson, 6-6, 195, G, Sr., Wake Forest (5.0 ppg)
Ismael Massoud, 6-9, 220, F, Soph., Wake Forest (8.3 ppg)
Jahcobi Neath, 6-4, 200, G, Soph., Wake Forest (3.8 ppg)
Emmanuel Okpomo, 6-10, 225, F, Fr., Wake Forest (1.1 ppg)
Isaiah Wilkins, 6-4, 220, G, Jr., Wake Forest (1.9 ppg)

So Wake Forest? BC? Those are the teams with numerous exits that will be at the same number we are.

If half the guys from all of the programs all switch teams, won’t a lot of them just basically be signing up for the same role at a different school?
Yes. Or if not, indirectly putting more kids in the portal because they’ll be taking someone else’s role at that school

Big Bad Bobby Braswell, we will always have how you came out of nowhere and buried 4 threes in a game.

We will always have how it was known your nickname was Earl, but as arbiter of nicknaming, I couldn't often bring myself to refer to you by your actual nickname.

You will be missed.

P.S. Some day we hope to see you again on Boeheim's Army.
Great post Otto. Also my favorite memory of Braswell was hitting those 4 threes!!!

BTW, Anybody else little turned off by these guys announcing now we just lost in the Sweet 16 Sat night. Can u give it a few days a week. Also means these guys like Braswell had long been thinking about it.
Why in the world should they delay their life? They are finally back in Syracuse. This is their time to decide their future. One good reason why they should delay this decision?

Imagine if we lose Bras, Woody, Griffin and Q/Marek at wing and replace them with Benny and Jimmy, and another transfer? While Benny improves the athleticism, it's hard to envision a lineup w/Buddy, Jimmy and Girard having any kind of hope in the zone for the long run. Poor Jesse and friends inside will have fight off foul trouble every night. We need to get MORE athletic, not less...

If Jimmy gets 20mpg, he could probably be more productive than Bras was with those 20 minutes. But anything more than that is worrisome
Has Jimmy ever actually played in a zone system anywhere before? I know he's watched the practices and probably the videos, but he hasn't actually played SU zone for the last 3 years like Bras has. And Bras was really good at it. Far more athletic than Jimmy, and quicker.

Why do people think Jimmy is going to be more productive? I just don't get this.

This comment has zero to do with Buddy getting playing time and leading us to the sweet 16.

We know exactly what happened with Buddy getting the playing time.
We don't know what would have happened with Buddy not playing as much. Chances are we wouldn't have gone to the Sweet 16.

Again not relevant to Buddy.

WHAT, it has everything to do with it.

JB accepted putting our whole season at risk to get Buddy through his slump.

We were an 11 seed and JB was fine with it to make sure Buddy was always the feature of the offense.

rrlbees Listen, I know you are a lifelong fan, like me.

But come on. We expect more. I know you expect more. It's not an 8/9 seed versus a 10/11.

Come on. I know you are in the boat with me on that.
I said I want as high as possible. But I’m just saying I’d rather have the lower seed than an 8/9. It was a throw away comment.

If half the guys from all of the programs all switch teams, won’t a lot of them just basically be signing up for the same role at a different school?
Yes, but coming back to a situation they know isn't favorable to them is probably worse than going to a new situation that could be unfavorable but could work out.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom