"Boeheim said Baye Keita is one of the best backup centers he's ever had" | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

"Boeheim said Baye Keita is one of the best backup centers he's ever had"

Ah, Jeremy McNeil. No NC without him! Hope he's doing well.-VBOF

No doubt about it. Without McNeil, Edelin and Pace playing incredible games off the bench against Oklahoma State, Melo's college legacy = Michael Beasley's.

That's a big key to the season, IMO. With some focus, he could easily have a Zanna-esque senior campaign. I'm not sure we can afford for him to have a 5 and 4 type of campaign.

Totally agree and great comparison to a potential Zanna-leap. Zanna became a major force mostly due to sheer desire and effort, imo. If Rak brings even half of his toughness and effort then I think he could get to that 8/8 range which would be good for Rak and the team.

Have we ever had a 4 year backup at center other than Baye honestly? That's like calling my only sister my favorite sister.

Have we ever had a 4 year backup at center as good as Baye honestly? That's like getting a 6'10 big that made the Cody Zellers of the world look terribly embarrassed that they can't get a shot off cause a tree is in its way. A crafty tree.
Wait, I'll play. Fixed! Sorry my friend, but disagree to disagree. ;)

Have we ever had a 4 year backup at center other than Baye honestly? That's like calling my only sister my favorite sister.

This made me laugh but I do disagree with it in the sense that Baye was a phenomenal safety blanket for the cluster- was Fab Melo and Rak's first two years. His senior year was disappointing but Baye's consistency of effort and hustle along with really nice athleticism (outside of the hand-eye stuff) was huge.

Totally agree and great comparison to a potential Zanna-leap. Zanna became a major force mostly due to sheer desire and effort, imo. If Rak brings even half of his toughness and effort then I think he could get to that 8/8 range which would be good for Rak and the team.

To me the question for Rak has always been how badly does he want it? And before anyone flips out on me, I think there are worse things in the world than being completely basketball obsessed and living in a gym every day. I'm not sure that's all that good for your development as a human. But Rak seems like a guy who basically likes basketball but may not quite 'want it' as much as the mcnamaras of the world.

Anyway, point is, I agree. If he takes a solid step forward again in terms of effort and toughness, he will be a HUGE player on this team.

"Boeheim said Baye Keita is one of the best backup centers he's ever had"

high praise indeed. i hope next father's day i get a mug saying
"among some of the best backup dads ever"

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors