Boeheim takes "shot" at Richmond | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim takes "shot" at Richmond

Status
Not open for further replies.
"so the defensive difference wasn’t that big". Could have fooled me.
We could have had the Goodyear blimp playing defense last year and JB would have said the same thing

The tone of the article is so odd. Making a point that Kadary “took the high road” and “didn’t take shots at Boeheim.”

What would he have to take shots at JB for? He was out of shape and didn’t put in the work and still got major minutes. What was there to take shots at?

Do you think we waited on symir and cole?
Maybe , do you have evidence to the contrary or are you just going by the attitude " everybody does it ". I'm not saying your right or wrong.

Kadary looked pretty damn good at the end of the games he played major minutes in for someone so "out of shape." And he dealt with nagging injuries as the season went on. I don't buy that out of shape bs. No need for us fans to rewrite history because he left. Leave that to JB.

Do you think we waited on symir and cole?
I do.

I do not remember where but there was an article on Cole that mentioned GMac was refreshing the portal listing every few minutes waiting till Cole's name popped up to call him. This suggested they didn't contact him prior to him being officially in the portal.

There was also a reference in another article about JB talking to Jay Wright at the end of the season. It seems to infer JB may be aware of Cole's intent to transfer, may be JW called JB with a heads up or to help Cole with his decision.

The tone of the article is so odd. Making a point that Kadary “took the high road” and “didn’t take shots at Boeheim.”

What would he have to take shots at JB for? He was out of shape and didn’t put in the work and still got major minutes. What was there to take shots at?
Agree - what I’m wondering is: did KR not take shots, or did he - and they simply were not included in the article? Hard to believe a 20 year old didn’t have anything negative to say in an interview about why he left. The quotes attributed to JB to my mind are simply old school, tough love exhortations - and some good advice to boot.

I think that JB would be best served by saying what Dino usually (but not always) says: "we don't discuss guys who are not with our program. Next topic please."

Just move on. I am pretty much that way. I don't think about guys who leave unless they go to the NBA.

One thing I will say...and this is NOT about Richmond but rather players in general...we fans see them for a few minutes a week and think we know everything about their game. The coaches see them for several hours every day. How hard they work, how good they look in practice, what mistakes they make over and over in practice, what details the coaches have to talk with them about repeatedly, how often they make the same mistakes once they are inserted into a game, etc. It is a whole different world that we are not privy to.

Love JB being honest, maybe this will explain to some why Kadary wasnt playing 40 a game. He's a HOF'er for a reason, and seems JG's work ethic kept him in the game.

Good luck to Kadary at Seton Hall. He was fun to watch play.

I'm going sit back and let OttoinGrotto and HOFCeluck reply to this one.
I Didnt Love And Hip Hop GIF by VH1

...One thing I will say...and this is NOT about Richmond but rather players in general...we fans see them for a few minutes a week and think we know everything about their game. The coaches see them for several hours every day. How hard they work, how good they look in practice, what mistakes they make over and over in practice, what details the coaches have to talk with them about repeatedly, how often they make the same mistakes once they are inserted into a game, etc. It is a whole different world that we are not privy to.
Very true.
In Kadary Richmond's case I only know what I saw on TV in games.
And that was an ACC level point guard.

Love JB being honest, maybe this will explain to some why Kadary wasnt playing 40 a game. He's a HOF'er for a reason, and seems JG's work ethic kept him in the game.

are u kidding me right now with your assumption

Kadary was just fine as far as "shape" or basketball form. JB was just being JB...stubborn.
So you saw 15-20 games or so but JB saw him in practice, gym, lunch room every day. But you know better... Makes sense...

Ill trust the dude running the program, not a 19 yo kid that was here for a minute. He has skills (as do many in all different walks of life), but if your not optimizing them your gonna get left behind and outworked.

Except for the fact that Kadary said himself that he was not in great shape in a January interview. Or doesn’t that fit the narrative. Let’s recall, according to Kadary it wasn’t minutes that led him to transfer. It was the fact that he felt he wasn’t allowed to showcase his “complete game” at Syracuse. Essentially a 3-19 3-pt shooter at the time was told not to shoot the three.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JYCUSE12

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom