Boeheim's record against Top 25 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's record against Top 25

Cuse4ever

Walk On
Boeheim's record while his team was ranked in the top 25 according to the AP Poll

Verse higher ranked teams 74-92
Verse Top 10 opponents 58-69
Verse Top 5 opponents 20-44
Verse opponents not ranked in the top 25 660-170

This isn't bad but let's compare it to other great modern day coaches, especially the first 3 categories. Love to see what K has done with his ranked teams along with Calhoun, Calipari, Self, Izzo & Roy Williams.

Boeheim's record while his team was ranked in the top 25 according to the AP Poll

This isn't bad but let's compare it to other great modern day coaches, especially the first 3 categories. Love to see what K has done with his ranked teams along with Calhoun, Calipari, Self, Izzo & Roy Williams.

Go for it! Why are you trying to make someone else do it?

doesn't really interest me what the other coaches record are. Why don't you figure out by how many 5 star recruits and mcdonald all americans those other coaches have had compared to Jb. It seems you have an agenda when it comes to JB. I would rather focus on the all the positives he has done for our team. Maybe next we can break it down by what color suit he coached those games in.

Last edited:
Cuse4ever said:
Boeheim's record while his team was ranked in the top 25 according to the AP Poll Verse higher ranked teams 74-92 Verse Top 10 opponents 58-69 Verse Top 5 opponents 20-44 Verse opponents not ranked in the top 25 660-170 This isn't bad but let's compare it to other great modern day coaches, especially the first 3 categories. Love to see what K has done with his ranked teams along with Calhoun, Calipari, Self, Izzo & Roy Williams.

Seems pretty good to me for a great coach. You're suppose to lose to teams ranked ahead of you. Seems like we pull off a good percentage of upsets. As to beating too 5 and top 10 teams, there isn't enough info. Could you check on where we were ranked when we played those top 5 and 10 teams. I'm betting we were ranked lower in many of them.

Because we already know those coaches I listed have done better than Jimmy. He's still a good coach but you guys dissing Self or Izzo as not as good as Boeheim are nuts.

Maybe next we can break it down by what color suit he coached those games.

Good luck with that.

Boeheim.bmp

Orrrr let's not and be happy for what we have in JB.

He's a legendary coach who has many disciples studying his trademark "2-3 zone".

Love to see what K has done with his ranked teams along with Calhoun, Calipari, Self, Izzo & Roy Williams.
Because we already know those coaches I listed have done better than Jimmy. He's still a good coach but you guys dissing Self or Izzo as not as good as Boeheim are nuts.

well, then, you wouldn't "love to see" it

and who on this board disses Self & Izzo?

you are making statements that you don't really believe and picking fights that don't exist

other than that, fine set of posts

Thanks for compiling that but it's based on the merits of opinion polls. Doesn't make an impression.

Funny how Boeheim has a winning record against four of the five guys you mentioned (and actually all 5 if you discount the years Calipari won with teams he was caught cheating with).

Because we already know those coaches I listed have done better than Jimmy.

Do we already know that? I'm not sure we know that at all.

First off, I'd bet there are only a half a handful of coaches who have ever even played 127 games against Top 10 teams let alone to be only 11 games under .500 against them. That is insanely good. 58-69 against Top 10 teams? Are you kidding me? That is a great record. Top 10 teams are rarely paper tigers. These are legit top level squads.

Secondly: Most of these games were against entrenched conference foes who knew exactly what to expect playing Syracuse and were loaded for bear.

And lastly: Well more than half of these games would be road or neutral site games. Making the record even more impressive.

Cracking on coach for his record against Top 10 teams is the pinnacle of hubris.

Funny how Boeheim has a winning record against four of the five guys you mentioned (and actually all 5 if you discount the years Calipari won with teams he was caught cheating with).
Are you discounting the teams Boeheim was caught cheating with too?

Cuse4ever said:

You're not particularly bright. When was the last time JB lost to Self of Izzo?

general if you mention Calipari or Kentucky you get an immediate response from a troll named after a Walking Dead character

You're not particularly bright. When was the last time JB lost to Self of Izzo?

I love that the OP chose a group of coaches Boeheim has owned over the years to say "we definitely know they are better" or whatever he said.

It shows a deep lack of understanding for college basketball.

As does trotting out a 58-69 record against the top 10 as a negative. Honestly at first I thought he was complimenting Boehiem. To be almost .500 against top 10 teams is amazing, not the best I am sure, but among the best. Especially when you consider that his entire career minus one year was in the Big East which dominated college basketball and regularly had multiple top 1o teams. This means his top 10 wins didn't come against early season top 10 (which are often wrong) but against late season top 10 teams which are the actual 1o best teams in the country. You don't get to be one of the 10 best teams in the country by losing. To beat that kind of a team as much as you lose to them is phenomenal.

Just a really dumb post all the way around.

general if you mention Calipari or Kentucky you get an immediate response from a troll named after a Walking Dead character

I don't really care, even if you do what he says and take away all the years Boehim was caught cheating and all the years Cal was caught cheating, Boehiem still has a winning record against Cal.

head to head, for what it's worth:

Boeheim vs. Calipari 2-3 (Calipari's vacated 2008 season at Memphis would actually cost JB a win; they never faced each other in the years for which Syracuse was punished with probation)

vs. Coach K: 2-2
vs. Self: 1-0
vs. Izzo: 4-1
vs. Williams: 4-1

that's 13-7 vs. the cream of the crop coaches the OP cherry picked

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online