Boeheim's record against Top 25 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Boeheim's record against Top 25

Cuse4ever said:
Because we already know those coaches I listed have done better than Jimmy. He's still a good coach but you guys dissing Self or Izzo as not as good as Boeheim are nuts.

We don't already know it.

Moqui I got 2-2 vs Cal.

Lost in the 1992 tournament

Lost in Rainbow Classic 1995 (but I tHink that doesn't count because that was vacated)

Lost in MSG 2002 first game of the year

Won in MSG 2004 Warrick senior year

Won @ Memphis the year after D rose left.

Good luck with that.

Boeheim.bmp
Thank God for Julie.

JB vs. top 25 - .504
Izzo vs. top 25 - .523

That's all I got. Not a huge diff IMO.

It's certainly an arbitrary comparables grouping, but not necessarily 100% useless. The data would need to be parsed, sliced and diced. It would be nice to see the records of dozens of coaches to see who the real sleepers are out their. Maybe Dana Altman is best coach out there relatively speaking. Who knows?

Moqui I got 2-2 vs Cal.

Lost in the 1992 tournament

Lost in Rainbow Classic 1995 (but I tHink that doesn't count because that was vacated)

Lost in MSG 2002 first game of the year

Won in MSG 2004 Warrick senior year

Won @ Memphis the year after D rose left.

that's the 2-3 I have . . .I thought the UMass NCAA ournament wins were vacated, not their full season record (unlike the 2008 Memphis team)

Because we already know those coaches I listed have done better than Jimmy. He's still a good coach but you guys dissing Self or Izzo as not as good as Boeheim are nuts.
Well, head-to-head, he has the edge in Izzo, and, I believe, Self (maybe only one game?). I think he's about even with Williams and Calhoun. He trails Pitino and Calipari (very small sample size on the latter).

Table Boy has his number, but he is the only one.

head to head, for what it's worth:

Boeheim vs. Calipari 2-3 (Calipari's vacated 2008 season at Memphis would actually cost JB a win; they never faced each other in the years for which Syracuse was punished with probation)

vs. Coach K: 2-2
vs. Self: 1-0
vs. Izzo: 4-1
vs. Williams: 4-1

that's 13-7 vs. the cream of the crop coaches the OP cherry picked
Not talking head to head Julie Boeheim. I'm talking what they have done in their careers. All have more Final Fours than JB and 2 of the 4 have more Titles.

Cuse4ever said:
Not talking head to head Julie Boeheim. I'm talking what they have done in their careers. All have more Final Fours than JB and 2 of the 4 have more Titles.

Moving the goalposts. "WAIT! They've shown my top 10 argument is garbage, they've shown head to head he's better than my cherry picked coaches... What next? Try to adjust the topic in the hopes I can prove on a Syracuse fan forum what I haven't been able to prove yet - that the coach of the team we all root for isn't good! "

Why would anyone do this? It makes no sense to me. I thought we were all fans of our team and want to see them do well. It seems like some people on this board revel in the failings (or perceived failings) of our coaches and players. It's a borderline mental health disorder.

I'm fine with critique of the team, but the tenor of some folks is that we suck, our coach isn't good, Trevor Cooney should be driving a Centro bus, etc... Why even be a fan, if all you're looking for is how you can tear the team down?

Last edited:
JB is 4-1 head to head with Izzo. I only remember one game against Self. That was in Kansas. Syracuse won.

http://www.cbssports.com/collegebas...y-great-win-total-but-great-coach-not-so-much
As much as I dislike Doug Gottlieb he wrote the best article on JB. Please have a look. He just questions if he's among the best ever coaches with plenty of facts to backup his argument. Boeheim sicko fans should avoid looking at this article as they may self implode or at least soil themselves.
couchburn
Doug's article was written as what can I fault JB for. The idea that it is the coaches responsibility for how his players play in the NBA is moronic.

Jamie Dixon, Travis Ford, and Mark Turgeon are fans of the head to head argument.

And to TBH... I'd happily trade three of JBs wins for Izzos one.

JB is 4-1 head to head with Izzo. I only remember one game against Self. That was in Kansas. Syracuse won.
So he beat Self once so he's automatically a better coach. Sure thing babe. So the coaches who have winning records against JB are better. Like say a Jamie Dixon. Please.

Izzo, Self, Calipari all have won ships at schools that have won titles before they got there. Not Calhoun. And not JB.

So he beat Self once so he's automatically a better coach. Sure thing babe. So the coaches who have winning records against JB are better. Like say a Jamie Dixon. Please.
It's really simple babe, JB was won about 70% of his games at Syracuse. The Big East, a great conference, Syracuse with jb as coach, had the best record in the history of that league, and it's not close. Yes, I think he should have a couple more final fours. But the guy has been amazing at syracuse and if you don't realize that, the problem is yours, babe. I also don't remember too much knocking of Izzo and Self here. Why don't you list the coaches you think are better than jb?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom