Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game

I'm not saying that JBs rant was warranted, my only point is that people treat these silly draft boards like gospel.

They're not. They're click generators that are so full of misinformation that it's crazy.

And anyone who thinks chad ford has better information on a kids draft status than boeheim, k, Williams, Calhoun etc, is just flat our wrong. These coaches can pick up a phone and get direct access to unfiltered straight information instantly.

I'm not saying that JBs rant was warranted, my only point is that people treat these silly draft boards like gospel.

They're not. They're click generators that are so full of misinformation that it's crazy.

And anyone who thinks chad ford has better information on a kids draft status than boeheim, k, Williams, Calhoun etc, is just flat our wrong. These coaches can pick up a phone and get direct access to unfiltered straight information instantly.
this cant be true, I read it on the Yukon board that boeheim is a stupid doosch that only cares about winning. and yes, fishy called him a ddoosch.

This is fair and I agree Ford is employed to generate clicks. I think he is fed pretty accurate info from scouts/GMs. I truly appreciate your posts as they typically have more insider info on our programs. On this issue I think JB was wrong to go after Ford who was only giving his opinion based on what he was told.

This is fair and I agree Ford is employed to generate clicks. I think he is fed pretty accurate info from scouts/GMs. I truly appreciate your posts as they typically have more insider info on our programs. On this issue I think JB was wrong to go after Ford who was only giving his opinion based on what he was told.
this post is crap again, you are defending ford without any basis. do you understand how that works in a logical sense?

this post is crap again, you are defending ford without any basis. do you understand how that works in a logical sense?

And the basis for defending Boeheim is, what? It's pretty clear at the point that the two sides in this thread have reached an impasse and believe their respective sides, I don't think anything more is gained from the thread at this point.

I still believe the main reason JB got upset was the generous ranking of Ennis and Grant led them to believe they needed to leave Syracuse. He knows McC is likely to be one and done. His concern there is likely that McC may think he can rest on his present abilities and not be as coachable as he needs to be.
The stay or leave business is a crap shoot at best for at least 50% of players thinking of entering the draft.

I've decided not to read this entire minefield. Bottom line is that JB doesn't want Chris to get distracted at this point in the season and wants to remind him that he has a lot of work left to do on his game. I think JB knows Chris is heading to the NBA and its always been his plan. JB is simply trying to make sure he gets the most out of Chris while he has him and I'd bet that at seasons end JB will advice Chris to take the money if he is a sure lottery pick. I'm not a huge fan of JB's rant on this one but he has a young team that has a lot of growing to do and he's likely trying to nip the NBA questions in the butt at this point.

BTW Chris is now shooting 59% from the floor for the season. We might want to get him 3-4 more shots a game.

Just because you don't agree with a post doesn't make it crap. That is the nicest way I can respond to your post. If my post makes no logical sense to you don't read them. I don't think a discussion is possible with you because you think there is no basis to defend Ford.

That is all I will say. I had more but your post tells me there is no point to say anymore.

I get that he's upset about Ennis and Grant, and I get that he wants to get everything he can out of Cmac this year but there's better ways than to rip Ford in front of the media. With Kentucky offering Bryant over the weekend, it's a really bad look for JB.

Why are we so sensitive about what JB says to the media? People have too many "feelings". Take out the hyperbole from Friday and he's right.

Why do we care that Bryant got an offer from UK? We all but knew that was coming. Syracuse is still in the driver seat for that one.

Why are we so sensitive about what JB says to the media? People have too many "feelings". Take out the hyperbole from Friday and he's right.

Why do we care that Bryant got an offer from UK? We all but knew that was coming. Syracuse is still in the driver seat for that one.

The same weekend TB gets an offer from UK and the king of OAD players Boeheim is holding a press conference in which he complains that a reporter is saying that his player is going to be high draft pick when EVERYONE knows he's going to be a high draft pick.

It probably means nothing. But the timing is bad and, IMO, doesn't make JB look very good.

The same weekend TB gets an offer from UK and the king of OAD players Boeheim is holding a press conference in which he complains that a reporter is saying that his player is going to be high draft pick when EVERYONE knows he's going to be a high draft pick.

It probably means nothing. But the timing is bad and, IMO, doesn't make JB look very good.

The only people who don't think it makes JB look good is our own fans. Literally nobody else cares. This press conference won't make it's way past Utica. Heck Momma Bryant even knows a thing or two about popping her mouth off, she did in the post-standard. They have some common ground there.

Doom and Gloom, Doom and Gloom, I'm not happy if I don't have my daily medicine of Doom and Gloom.

Not picking on you docsu, but this board has been nothing but neverending pessimism since the day practice started.

The only people who don't think it makes JB look good is our own fans. Literally nobody else cares. This press conference won't make it's way past Utica. Heck Momma Bryant even knows a thing or two about popping her mouth off, she did in the post-standard. They have some common ground there.

Doom and Gloom, Doom and Gloom, I'm not happy if I don't have my daily medicine of Doom and Gloom.

Not picking on you docsu, but this board has been nothing but neverending pessimism since the day practice started.

http://collegebasketballtalk.nbcspo...-stock-is-selfish-chris-mccullough-chad-ford/

I mean didn't Boeheim even say before the season that he is a lottery pick and a probable one and done? So stupid.

Who the heck is Scott Phillips? Do we play games on NBC this year? I didn't know they covered sports besides Hockey?

In all seriousness though, it's a press conference in November, and theres probably 5 percent of recruits in the country that gives a crap what any coach says in a press conference.

An article comes out basically all but saying Bryant is coming to Syracuse and we freak out because Kentucky offered him, like our fans didn't know it was going to happen.

What's happened here? I get that people in CNY aren't the rosiest, but come on!!! Why are we so miserable? Is it because the football team was that bad? Is it because we ended the season poorly last year? I want to come on the board and talk about how we are going to beat Michigan and all I see is:

1. 8 threads about why Cooney can't make a shot: Newsflash, hes going to play. He might stink the rest of the season, he might get hot, but do we need a new thread after every game? ...pessimism.

2. A 10 page thread analyzing a meaningless press conference in November... More pessimism

3. Endless talk how we are going to the NIT... more pessimism

4. Kentucky offered Bryant... "He's not coming here now, no way"... More pessimism...

... And we wonder why awesome posters like Marsh, DickinMichigan, mantonio, Albanycuse, and whoever else isn't around don't post anymore. Theres very little new to add, or good to say anymore around here.

I don't mean to sound like Bill Belichick, but I'm on to Michigan. They have nobody who can guard Rakeem Christmas or Chris McCullough.

What dude? Our coach made some controversial comments in a PC. You better believe that's going to get dissected on a SYRACUSE message board.

Who the heck is Scott Phillips? Do we play games on NBC this year? I didn't know they covered sports besides Hockey?

In all seriousness though, it's a press conference in November, and theres probably 5 percent of recruits in the country that gives a crap what any coach says in a press conference.

An article comes out basically all but saying Bryant is coming to Syracuse and we freak out because Kentucky offered him, like our fans didn't know it was going to happen.

What's happened here? I get that people in CNY aren't the rosiest, but come on!!! Why are we so miserable? Is it because the football team was that bad? Is it because we ended the season poorly last year? I want to come on the board and talk about how we are going to beat Michigan and all I see is:

1. 8 threads about why Cooney can't make a shot: Newsflash, hes going to play. He might stink the rest of the season, he might get hot, but do we need a new thread after every game? ...pessimism.

2. A 10 page thread analyzing a meaningless press conference in November... More pessimism

4. Kentucky offered Bryant... "He's not coming here now, no way"... More pessimism...

... And we wonder why awesome posters like Marsh, DickinMichigan, mantonio, Albanycuse, and whoever else isn't around don't post anymore. Theres very little new to add, or good to say anymore around here.

I don't mean to sound like Bill Belichick, but I'm on to Michigan. They have nobody who can guard Rakeem Christmas or Chris McCullough.
So you speak for Marsh, DickinMI do you? This board should not be an echo chamber it is a board to talk SU sports. Marsh and those other posters are missed but if they want to lurk that is the right. I give my opinion I am not always right but when something positive is to be said I say the positive if criticism is necessary I am not afraid to give it.
Your post comes off like you want this board to be MSNBC or FOX pro-SU style that is wrong as well.

So you speak for Marsh, DickinMI do you? This board should not be an echo chamber it is a board to talk SU sports. Marsh and those other posters are missed but if they want to lurk that is the right. I give my opinion I am not always right but when something positive is to be said I say the positive if criticism is necessary I am not afraid to give it.
Your post comes off like you want this board to be MSNBC or FOX pro-SU style that is wrong as well.

Well Jim Boeheim has won over 900 games. How many have YOU won?

I mean didn't Boeheim even say before the season that he is a lottery pick and a probable one and done? So stupid.

Pretty much. This is not some big revelation. And I doubt those comments have any bearing at all on what Thomas Bryant (who I'm sure thinks college is a one year stop as well) does, but I'm pretty sure they can only hurt coming off an offer from Kentucky.

+1000

To many Pessimistic Pete's, and to few Positive Pat's.

I still believe the main reason JB got upset was the generous ranking of Ennis and Grant led them to believe they needed to leave Syracuse. He knows McC is likely to be one and done. His concern there is likely that McC may think he can rest on his present abilities and not be as coachable as he needs to be.
The stay or leave business is a crap shoot at best for at least 50% of players thinking of entering the draft.

For sure. But, to those chastising Ford, he did move Grant (and Ennis) down the board and Grant completely out of the first round when Grant struggled so much in shooting drills and workouts. I believe Ford just writes or talks about who is hot or cold at the present times. Whatever info is given to him. I also don't believe most scouts and GMs if any are straight lying to him. Maybe down the road as to not show interest in a certain player a team wants to draft but I highly doubt he is being lied to regarding general evaluations and projections. That would make little sense to me.

For sure. But, to those chastising Ford, he did move Grant (and Ennis) down the board and Grant completely out of the first round when Grant struggled so much in shooting drills and workouts. I believe Ford just writes or talks about who is hot or cold at the present times. Whatever info is given to him. I also don't believe most scouts and GMs if any are straight lying to him. Maybe down the road as to not show interest in a certain player a team wants to draft but I highly doubt he is being lied to regarding general evaluations and projections. That would make little sense to me.

There is a reason guys like Chad Forde, or Mel Kiper are not in Front Offices.

I have ZERO problem with constructive criticism. ZERO. I have no problem with critiquing Trevor Cooney's shot, he's missing right now, but do we need 8 threads on it?

I am not speaking for any other said poster, but when you notice things starting to unravel and people leaving, one must wonder.

There's very little positive discussion these days. Even when Rakeem Christmas is probably making one of the greatest leaps any Syracuse Senior ever has.

We can't even have a positive discussion about JB's kid on the board.

There's a difference between criticism, and the same old "stump speech".

What dude? Our coach made some controversial comments in a PC. You better believe that's going to get dissected on a SYRACUSE message board.

Why? Because he hurt Chad Ford's feelings? Do we honestly believe this is going to change the way McCullough plays? Will this be the reason Bryant goes to Kentucky?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom