Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game | Syracusefan.com

Boehiem Ripping Chad Ford in post game

what did he say?

Basically said what does he know and who is he talking to. Coach said he talked to 1o NBA scouts and not one of them had Cmac in the 1st roung less a lottery pick. Also took a shot at ESPN and there rankings saying "ESPN isnt a team".

"You keep looking at waht Chris (meant Chad) Ford says, hes a real smart guy, he really knows whose going to get drafted"

"Chris gave up 15 on his own in the second half, 15."

He also referenced a conversation last year with a parent, definitely either Ennis or Grant's family talking about ESPN rankings.

Took a dig at Chris at the end to based on his height and who he is going against. Nothing bad but made his point clear.

My god JB you may not like all these early entries but Chad Ford has a lot of contacts within the NBA. Chad Ford and Danny Ainge are super tight. Same with Ford and Daryl Morey.

McCollough is gone JB.

So far this year JB seems to be an equal opportunity ripper. Lot of negative comments about specific players. Interesting approach.

Hope it works.

Ford is an operative. What he is doing is tampering .

These type of outbursts don't help. I realize JB wants to hold down the NBA talk because he doesn't want players getting big heads and thinking about it. But constantly talking his own guys down can start to be viewed as non supportive.

I know "free market" "constitutional rights"...but players jumping early is hurting the college game. Fans are slowly beginning to seriously sour on the system that is in place now.

Somebody should do something about it.

You'd think the NBA Players Union would want to protect the players already in the league instead of worrying about HS kids.

The NFL has no problem making kids wait 3 years before being draft eligible.

I'm adding 2 and 2 to get 6 here, but JB seems worried about losing the team. If McCullough decides to just go for his own, coach has a problem. With Mike G's antics tonight, there appears to be at least one attitude problem festering.

CMac is playing well but has a lot of room for improvement. Boeheim doesn't want him to think "oh, I'm a lottery pick so I don't need to work on anything." I see where Jim is coming from. Also, Chad was just doing his job.

I'm not mad at Jim B being mad at Ford and I'm not mad at Ford for writing what he did.

JB is right ... Chad Ford AND Danny Ainge talking draft rankings in NOVEMBER is like me proclaiming my private will be 7 inches by night fall

All is speculation until we get to February and March (or 9pm in our household)

kids read their ESPN draft projections like it is the bible and then make (poor) decisions based on what some nonathletic white guy who speaks to assistants to the assistant GM say in November when making early (premature) observations

it does more harm than good long-term, for the NBA and the College game

I know "free market" "constitutional rights"...but players jumping early is hurting the college game. Fans are slowly beginning to seriously sour on the system that is in place now.

I had no problem when the NBA would draft a super star player after his freshman year. Clearly Carmelo was ready to play in the NBA and play a lot for some team. But now the NBA takes a lot of kids who clearly are NOT ready to play or contribute at all to an NBA team. They have athleticism but their skill level isn't developed and sometimes their bodies aren't mature enough. Doesn't stop the NBA though. Give the kid a multi-year guaranteed contract and millions even though they don't play a lick. Foolish business model and it's really hurting both the college game and many of the kids (in the long run who never develop like they would have in college).

Who cares if it is hurting the college game? Kids should be made to stay in school because them leaving and getting set for life is hurting the college game? Give me a break. Would a singer have to wait? Or a pianist?

I had no problem when the NBA would draft a super star player after his freshman year. Clearly Carmelo was ready to play in the NBA and play a lot for some team. But now the NBA takes a lot of kids who clearly are NOT ready to play or contribute at all to an NBA team. They have athleticism but their skill level isn't developed and sometimes their bodies aren't mature enough. Doesn't stop the NBA though. Give the kid a multi-year guaranteed contract and millions even though they don't play a lick. Foolish business model and it's really hurting both the college game and many of the kids (in the long run who never develop like they would have in college).
which is why the spurs are consistent and the twolves are a mess

Can someone point to some specific examples of these players who's stayed longer than usual and made all this money in the NBA?

Do we have to dig into the archives to find posts saying the reigning NBA ROY made a huge mistake leaving and that Fair was making a great move coming back?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom