Bold Predictions | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bold Predictions

that will be a neat trick for a starter to pull off
I was unaware of the rule change this year allowing the team to start 6 guys, thank you for bringing me up to date.

dirty will have a breakout season so it is not bold either is mcw being as good as advertised, my predication, coleman is 1st team be and leads us to another national champship, triche has waited to long for his old freind to join him so they can reck havoc in the ncaa watch out. Mcw stays for four years and gets his degree.

dirty will have a breakout season so it is not bold either is mcw being as good as advertised, my predication, coleman is 1st team be and leads us to another national champship, triche has waited to long for his old freind to join him so they can reck havoc in the ncaa watch out. Mcw stays for four years and gets his degree.
FIRST POST!

Mr. Entertainment will stay silent for 2 minutes straight.

SU will lose a game early, causing a board melt down
SU will suffer through a mid season swoon, losing three or four conference games in Jan/Feb, causing a board melt down
By March, MCW will be one of the best PGs in the nation and the Orange front court will gel into the very best in the land
SU will win what history will record as the final true Big East Tournament and roll into the tourney as the hottest team in the nation
SU gets its 3rd 30 win season in 4 years and advances to the Final Four
SU opens its inaugural ACC season with JB bringing the 2013 BET trophy to center court, dropping it into a trash can and proclaiming "The Big East Conference is officially closed!"

I didn't want to make a negative prediction, but since you broke the seal...

The great nonconference win streak comes to an end. Maybe against San Diego State?
We lose more than we did last year. No second consecutive sweep of Louisville. A couple stumbles against teams who can score consistently and defend.
But we improve from December to March, something we don't always see, and advance farther than we did last year, both in New York and then through the East Regional to the Final Four (as a two or three seed).

But, he won't start. DC/Rak/CJ/BT/MCW is your fierce 5.
DC/Rak/CJ starting combo is death on a cracker . . . three guys whose offense is 10 feet and in, all stumbling over each other. Gotta be Dirty to provide adequate spacing

This years BE schedule is perfect for our team to build confidence and learn while not losing many. This years schedule will be much easier to navigate compared to years passed.

Mr. Excitement Mike Veley will give some lucky Central New Yorker a third shot during the Raymour and Flanigan "Action in the Lane" promotion, because... "C'MON FOLKS, IT'S THE HOLIDAY SEASON!"

No matter what time it is, Georgetown will still suck.

This is a thread about BOLD predictions. Predicting that Georgetown will suck this year is like predicting it will snow this winter in Syracuse.

DC/Rak/CJ starting combo is death on a cracker . . . three guys whose offense is 10 feet and in, all stumbling over each other. Gotta be Dirty to provide adequate spacing
You're underestimating Fair. We will see plenty of him and JS together, but not at tipoff.

You're underestimating Fair. We will see plenty of him and JS together, but not at tipoff.
that is the majority opinion . . . I am of the opinion that the majority is wrong and is highly over-rating the kid (I wish I didn't have to add that doesn't mean that I think he is not a valuable and important piece)

Triche and Cooney minutes are nearly equal.

Yeah, I tend to agree that if I were making a bold prediction I'd suggest that MCW's unselfishness sets this team up to be similar in style to the 09-10 team (though not quite as experienced). I'd also suggest that Triche remains about what he's been, which seems to be a bold prediction since so many are convinced he's going to be wildly productive and play 34+ mpg.

Other not-so-bold predictions:

-- Dirty has a real nice year and threatens 10 ppg
-- Rak has a great year but may not put up huge numbers that some may be looking for.
-- Fair plays consistently and is our leading scorer. Everyone looking for increased range may see it to a degree but he's still going to be a 15-feet and in guy for the most part.
-- BMK plays a key role as a depth guy and will give teams fits with his length and agility.

that is the majority opinion . . . I am of the opinion that the majority is wrong and is highly over-rating the kid (I wish I didn't have to add that doesn't mean that I think he is not a valuable and important piece)

I don't think it's possible to overrate Fair as much as people may misunderstand his game. I mean there is really very little in college hoops that is more valuable than a 6-8, athletic forward who can score in transition and effectively inside of 15, plays hard on defense and on the glass, and has the proper team-first attitude.

I honestly think it's hard to overrate those guys. But I do agree that people looking for him to score 18 a game or start hitting two threes a game are probably expecting something that isn't likely to happen.

I don't think it's possible to overrate Fair as much as people may misunderstand his game. I mean there is really very little in college hoops that is more valuable than a 6-8, athletic forward who can score in transition and effectively inside of 15, plays hard on defense and on the glass, and has the proper team-first attitude.

I honestly think it's hard to overrate those guys. But I do agree that people looking for him to score 18 a game or start hitting two threes a game are probably expecting something that isn't likely to happen.

that is a better way of stating it - he's a 4 in a 3's body

Tristy takes an accidental blow to the head from a mop handle wielded by one of his clumsy servants, undergoes a Grinch-like transformation and decides to fly all Syracusefan.com Central New Yorkers and liberals to his palace in Dubai for a month-long celebration of March Madness, culminating with a second SU national championship.

Tristy takes an accidental blow to the head from the a mop handle wielded by one of his clumsy servants, undergoes a Grinch-like transformation and decides to fly all Syracusefan.com Central New Yorkers and liberals to his palace in Dubai for a month-long celebration of March Madness, culminating with a second SU national championship.
I'm hoping he opens up his chalet in Beaver Creek instead

I'm hoping he opens up his chalet in Beaver Creek instead
That's where all the non-dems/libs/CNYers will be.

-MCW wins BEPOY and legit player of the year candidate by year end
-we hit #1 again this season(schedule sets up nicely yet again)
-while #1 [hack sportswriter/TV personality] claims [insert half assed reason we can’t win it all, i.e., no offensive dudes, etc.]. Mini board meltdown.
-people freak out when ESPN claims San Diego State is ‘not a true road game’
-Legit breakout from Rak
-J-South 6th man of year
-Triche delivers a great senior season, still gets maligned on the board.
-People begin to realize that the Big East isn’t that good past the top two(us and Louisville)
-break attendance record again(Georgetown) and GU trembles at what might happen for Gameday.
-Regular season BE champs again
-#1 seed in East(Philly, DC) AND our center plays this time
-After playing tourney in Philly & DC in front of Orange Nation, media asks if it’s fair to have us so close to home. Hundreds of posts claiming media bias ensue.
-we win the National title on the 10 year(and 1 day) anniversary of the last one.
-JB rides off into sunset.
Oh, please, god. Please please! I'll be good. Very very good.

We have another great 30+ win season but suffer great stress and real disappointment somewhere along the way. And the board implodes.

Sent from my DROIDX using Tapatalk 2

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom