BREAKING: Jameis Winston suspended for 1st half of Clemson game... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

BREAKING: Jameis Winston suspended for 1st half of Clemson game...

s e xual harassment is such a loose term. Anything can be considered s e xual harassment; but delving further into this issue will skew this thread astray. His comments were directed at no one in particular, so it's not s e xual harassment.
how about that he is just a dumbass, regardless if his comments weren't directed at anyone. Then why the hell would he choose that moment in time to joke about how to *uc* women? And to defend this behavior only leads to more of it and without consequence. I don't give a rip if it's something from youtube, you'd get arrested for yelling fire in a jam packed movie theater.

Sorry, but this is absolutely ridiculous. This stems from clips of a people on the news yelling 'f' her right in the 'slang term for vagina and term for feline'.

It's a joke and there's absolutely nothing wrong with it.

Here's a link to a video demonstrating this -- potentially NSFW.

https://www.y.outube.com/watch?v=6w1DsOA-1pM
Winston isn't a student. He's a student-athlete.

He's got an Athletic Code of Conduct that he has to answer to.

Now, if Mr Winston wants to give up his scholarship and his place on the football team, he's free to say whatever he wants.
I'm pretty sure that violates the regular student code of conduct at pretty much any modern institution, let alone whatever extras get thrown in the Athletic code of conduct. Winston is entitled to say whatever he wants within reason, however he is not entitled to play football (however much he thinks he is)

s e xual harassment is such a loose term. Anything can be considered s e xual harassment; but delving further into this issue will skew this thread astray. His comments were directed at no one in particular, so it's not s e xual harassment.
Actually, s exual harassment does not have to be directed at anyone I particular. All it has to do is make someone uncomfortable within the work environment (which a University campus certainly qualifies as). For example, if I have a picture of my girlfriend in a bikini on my desk, you see it and it make you uncomfortable, that Is sexual harassment because that picture has now created a hostile work environment. The Army has spent millions of dollars on this training for soldiers like me because arguments like yours allow s exual harassment, the precursor to s exual assault, to continue within our society.

The biggest problem here is that this kid has enormous influence over young kids, and he is teaching them that it is ok to disrespect women.

Yeesh, Winston might struggle with that wonderlic test. This stuff is so costly. Dummy.

Actually, s exual harassment does not have to be directed at anyone I particular. All it has to do is make someone uncomfortable within the work environment (which a University campus certainly qualifies as). For example, if I have a picture of my girlfriend in a bikini on my desk, you see it and it make you uncomfortable, that Is s e xual harassment because that picture has now created a hostile work environment. The Army has spent millions of dollars on this training for soldiers like me because arguments like yours allow s exual harassment, the precursor to s exual assault, to continue within our society.

The biggest problem here is that this kid has enormous influence over young kids, and he is teaching them that it is ok to disrespect women.
Definitely a lawyer...good stuff XanaduXanadu

OK. I don't know exactly what he said. But from what I am getting on this board, it involved inappropriate words including slang terms for the female anatomy. possibly a well known line from a movie? He is a college football player for the #1 ranked team in the country. As someone pointed out, a student athlete. He has a higher standard of conduct than the average goofy 20 something year old. But what makes this even more alarming to me is that this took place during the worst week for the NFL and the questionable conduct and culture of the NFL football players. Winston is bound for the NFL. This is the behaviors that are treated with a slap on the wrist that leads to what the NFL is now trying to curb. Winston has gotten away over and over again with these behaviors. College is where you get to learn what is appropriate and what is not. And even if this might be tolerated at the average frat party, it is not in the college run cafeteria by your most high profile student athlete standing on a table and yelling out these words. Did he not stop to think about Ray Rice, or Adrian Peterson and the current public opinion of the football player in this country? It is bad enough that he did this, but that he did it in the week of the biggest black eye for football players makes me think that he feels he is so above the average person that he can do anything he wants.
And to suspend a player of this magnitude for half a game is not even a slap on the wrist. Because he will come into the game in the 2nd half and more than make up for his 1st half absence. This suspension means absolutely nothing at all. It is a total joke. And this folks, is where the problems stem from. Get away with it now, let some of us laugh at it, and it will only get worse as the years go by. And is this helping Winston out at all...NO.

Dikembe Mutombo becomes an urban legend, Jameis Winston is castigated.

Actually, s exual harassment does not have to be directed at anyone I particular. All it has to do is make someone uncomfortable within the work environment (which a University campus certainly qualifies as). For example, if I have a picture of my girlfriend in a bikini on my desk, you see it and it make you uncomfortable, that Is s e xual harassment because that picture has now created a hostile work environment. The Army has spent millions of dollars on this training for soldiers like me because arguments like yours allow s exual harassment, the precursor to s exual assault, to continue within our society.

Xanadu...thank you! Excellent explaination...

Fisher say he a bright kid and learns quick. He never makes a mistake twice. Are we not Lucky that their are thousands of mistake left for, the face plate of our conference, to screw The ACC with.
practice makes perfect

OK. I don't know exactly what he said. But from what I am getting on this board, it involved inappropriate words including slang terms for the female anatomy. possibly a well known line from a movie? He is a college football player for the #1 ranked team in the country. As someone pointed out, a student athlete. He has a higher standard of conduct than the average goofy 20 something year old. But what makes this even more alarming to me is that this took place during the worst week for the NFL and the questionable conduct and culture of the NFL football players. Winston is bound for the NFL. This is the behaviors that are treated with a slap on the wrist that leads to what the NFL is now trying to curb. Winston has gotten away over and over again with these behaviors. College is where you get to learn what is appropriate and what is not. And even if this might be tolerated at the average frat party, it is not in the college run cafeteria by your most high profile student athlete standing on a table and yelling out these words. Did he not stop to think about Ray Rice, or Adrian Peterson and the current public opinion of the football player in this country? It is bad enough that he did this, but that he did it in the week of the biggest black eye for football players makes me think that he feels he is so above the average person that he can do anything he wants.
And to suspend a player of this magnitude for half a game is not even a slap on the wrist. Because he will come into the game in the 2nd half and more than make up for his 1st half absence. This suspension means absolutely nothing at all. It is a total joke. And this folks, is where the problems stem from. Get away with it now, let some of us laugh at it, and it will only get worse as the years go by. And is this helping Winston out at all...NO.

I don't disagree with any of your post. The thing is, from FSU's perspective, this is a HUGE penalty because the suspension comes against a highly ranked foe, and could cause the team to lose--which might impact their national championship aspirations. So I'm sure that there is a lot of hand wringing about the "severity" of the penalty on their end, but for all of the wrong reasons.

If he wasn't still being investigated for the rape allegations, and he wasn't such a hot button player to begin with, nothing happens, but I guess FSU decided enough was enough now. A half in the biggest game left on the team's schedule is pretty harsh, but good for Jimbo and company for making a statement. With how good and charismatic he is, Jameis should be a really likable guy, but man, he just can't get out of his own way off the field. Dude needs to mature fast.

He went into a Piggly Wiggly with the intention of shoplifitng lobster [if I'm not mistaken].
It was a Publix.

Perhaps the Tallahassee AD is just as loose with the facts, hence no prosecution.

BlackKnight76 said:
A half in the biggest game left on the team's schedule is pretty harsh, but good for Jimbo and company for making a statement.
I don't think Jimbo made this call -- the official statement was put out by the president and AD, I believe. On the "pretty harsh" front, let's remember that FSU is one of maybe 90 (?) schools under investigation by the DoE for lack of concern about sexual abuse -- and a lot of the commentariat I heard was calling for a full game at least.

I don't think Jimbo made this call -- the official statement was put out by the president and AD, I believe. On the "pretty harsh" front, let's remember that FSU is one of maybe 90 (?) schools under investigation by the DoE for lack of concern about s e xual abuse -- and a lot of the commentariat I heard was calling for a full game at least.
I only meant harsh in terms of what it is for, but in the context of everything else surrounding Jameis and FSU, I think it is appropriate. Another player without allegations probably doesn't get suspended for doing the same thing.

http://news.yahoo.com/maguire-start...606518--spt.html;_ylt=A0LEViz2PBxUoFUAcbMPxQt.

"Florida State's little-known redshirt sophomore will start for the time in his college career on national television, against a top-25 opponent and in place of the reigning Heisman Trophy winner. And if that wasn't enough on his plate, the winner of the Clemson-Florida State game has played in the ACC title game the last five years."

I only meant harsh in terms of what it is for, but in the context of everything else surrounding Jameis and FSU, I think it is appropriate. Another player without allegations probably doesn't get suspended for doing the same thing.

Hanna Strong? even though it's soccer