Bronco Mendenhall stepping down at Virginia / Tony Elliott hired | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bronco Mendenhall stepping down at Virginia / Tony Elliott hired

Well, if you take out the prestige of the school, it’s location and climate, what the city has to offer, and deep alumni pockets….probably still much better
yep, no advantages at all

I lived in C’ville for years. Great town. I left in part because it was snooty beyond compare. Have lived in that environment before and it’s just not enjoyable for me.

When I lived on campus I used to hear that alumni wanted the university to do well but not TOO well. They prize their status as an academic institution and don’t want it tarnished by sporting success. At least in football. I take that with a grain of salt but there is some truth to it

Sounds more like a mid-life crisis to me

"I would love to say there's been this buildup and a long amount of epiphanies and thought, but clearly this week there was a sense of clarity to me that I needed to step back from college football and reassess, renew, reframe and reinvent -- with my wife as a partner -- our future and the next chapter of our lives," he said. "I was requested to stay by our athletic director. I was requested to stay by our president. It's my decision only."
Good for him

"I would love to say there's been this buildup and a long amount of epiphanies and thought, but clearly this week there was a sense of clarity to me that I needed to step back from college football and reassess, renew, reframe and reinvent -- with my wife as a partner -- our future and the next chapter of our lives," he said. "I was requested to stay by our athletic director. I was requested to stay by our president. It's my decision only."

Attachments

• B9F5BACD-0835-40E5-80C8-923918ED5106.gif
    B9F5BACD-0835-40E5-80C8-923918ED5106.gif
    256.9 KB · Views: 126
Mendenhall seems like a nice enough guy. But this sentence from his UVA bio is simply unacceptable:

Mendenhall and his wife, Holly, have three sons, Raeder, Breaker and Cutter.
Consistent with some Mormon families in my experience.

So we have 2 teams coming to the Dome with new coaches. Maybe a bit of an advantage to Cuse? UVA and ND. Mora is new at UConn but isn't that a roadie?

Wouldnt be shocked if he gets offered a better job than UVA in a year.

Did Duke hire anyone yet?

That came out in the press conference after I posted. As I said, it was speculation because that scenario has been seen many times before.

It's nice but let's not get carried away. And football recruits couldn't give a tinker's dam about the Lawn. Not to mention that five minutes outside of C'ville, it's hick city for miles and miles.

It’s a phenomenal school and the area is rather wealthy. Facilities seem top notch and the alumni aren’t nearly as nuts as the VT ones are about this stuff.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
granthath9

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom