Bronco Mendenhall to UVa | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Bronco Mendenhall to UVa

If Babers is potentially our leading candidate this is great news taking yet another P5 job off the market.

Does this put BYU in the Babers sweepstakes or do they just promote from within?

Wow that sucks for BYU- they probably didn't see this coming at all.

Does this put BYU in the Babers sweepstakes or do they just promote from within?

As mentioned earlier in the thread - I wouldn't be surprised to see Matt Wells from Utah State getting the gig.

BYU has some unique hiring guidelines. It pretty much has to be a Mormon.

That's completely out of left field, right? I don't remember seeing any buzz about him even interviewing there, unless I missed something.
Talk about stealth - I thought he was dead!

If this hire is works half as well as Tony Bennett, it's a good hire.

Wow, no one saw that happening.

5 yrs, $3.25 mil/yr. Step it up Cuse!!!!

Mendenhall is sccc a solid hire! His teams are physical and DISCIPLINED! Then again most of BYU's player's are older than 23, lol.

$3.25 million per year. Looks like they are getting serious about their football program.

I keep saying this -- it will be the new normal. The idea that coaches' agents aren't going to try and tap into that money is naive. I just hope the folks on the hill understand it.

Bronco is a great hire for UVA. He'll have some talent to work with their too. UVA always had solid recruiting classes. They just couldn't produce on the field.

By contrast we need an offensive minded coach with an offense taylor made for a dome: Babers.

Sorry to disappoint you.

I'm not commenting on religion, per se -- I just get queasy when it mixes with the dirty, ugly, win-at-all-cost world of big time athletics. it feels really hypocritical. I'm sorry if that offends.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom