Buddy injury updates... | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy injury updates...

Guthridge was a good coach
Guthridge was a loyal coach. Dean Smith wanted to reward him. And Smith knew that, due to Guthridge's age, the disciple would not be the head man for long. I wonder what Smith thought of the Doherty hire?

He made one 3...
And a nice little pull-up in the lane. 2 for 6 is not bad for someone who had seen so little court time. But I think he should limit his shots until he has regained more mojo.

And a nice little pull-up in the lane. 2 for 6 is not bad for someone who had seen so little court time. But I think he should limit his shots until he has regained more mojo.

I thought he played well, I was just replying to the “he should’ve crotch chopped to JB after all the 3s he took”...

It’s not like he was raining buckets out there.

He played solid on both ends and looked like he belonged. Definitely a good sign going forward.

Duke is probably going to make a play for Brad Stevens when K is ready to retire.
He would get insane money and be done with the NBA by then.

Look at our football program. When you hire assistants and hope they can step up to the head coach's job, most are unprepared. There is all the organization and administration and press responsibilities and politicking within the university, with donors, and then there's overseeing all the recruiting.

Hire someone who has done the job before. Don't have someone try to learn on the job. Dino's hire shows us this. Hire someone who has done the job before.

Well, P had a pretty good run until the end. And Desko and JB were assistants hired to the top job. I'd say that's three pretty good resumes out of 4.

And I'll see your in house Scott Schafer and raise you an experienced Greg Robinson.

Goodine got PT early on and stunk. Then he had the mask.

It’s possible he like...got better over the course of the season, and now is ready to help. And getting the mask off helps too.
Fair enough. But if your PHILOSOPHY is to develop a bench, then you play him, not just pull him after every mistake. Buddy last year and JG this year got a lot more rope than Goodine ever did. JB always has his vision for how he wants his team to look- and God bless him, he’s been mostly right. But to suggest that Goodine got the same shot to prove himself as others have, is just not valid, IMO. In most seasons, JB usually has his certain players who can seemingly do little wrong, and others, who better do mostly right. Or they sit.

i believe frosh goodine had about 155 minutes logged coming into the game. anybody remember buddy's first 155 ? not pretty.

Who did Buddy have in front of him at the time??

Duke is probably going to make a play for Brad Stevens when K is ready to retire.
He would get insane money and be done with the NBA by then.

By the time that happens he wouldn’t have coached in college in 10 years...Hopefully it’s Capel lol.

If he didn’t go home for the Indiana job he’s done with college.

UNC and Dook have the same basic problem: older HOF coaches who can't last a whole lot longer without going over the hill, who have staffs dominated by former players. Add to that a bunch of talk about loyalty, and you could be seeing the set up for a disastrous hire.

Dean Smith never would have OKed Roy Williams taking over if Roy had never been HC and shown real ability.

As I type that I have to back track a bit: I think Dean would have backed Phil Ford getting the UNC HC job with no HC experience because Dean would have delighted in the race thing. But that makes the point: you are hiring to keep a dynasty going, not to employ alums.
I also think both those programs are in better shape than ours.

i believe frosh goodine had about 155 minutes logged coming into the game. anybody remember buddy's first 155 ? not pretty. real game experience does wonders for player development.
Of course we knew that Buddy had a certain skill. Not so much for Goodine. Goodine played very poorly early on. He has played better as of late

Of course we knew that Buddy had a certain skill. Not so much for Goodine. Goodine played very poorly early on. He has played better as of late

And we had zero other guards available, so Buddy had to play.

tbone doesn’t seem to like to be that open and forthright about these things though. Doesn’t fit the narrative.

"Who did Buddy have in front of him at the time??"

well since you asked. elijah , tyus and frank . but here are buddy's first 172 minutes. (2 starts and 2 dnps)

minutes 172. (thru gtech 1/12) : 17 -70 from the floor. (23 %) . 11-43 deep ( 26%). summary. not great.
by months end he was playing 20 minutes a game.

Last edited:

well since you asked. elijah , tyus and frank . but here are buddy's first 172 minutes. (2 starts and 2 dnps)

minutes 172. (thru gtech 1/12) : 17 -70 from the floor. (23 %) . 11-43 deep ( 26%). summary. not great.

Frank missed the beginning of the season and Eli never played guard at all last year. You create fake news. Doesn’t it ever get old to you?

Frank was in a boot and didn’t play a second until the 5th game.

Hughes played forward.

So, you’re wrong.

frank started against colgate nov 21st . you don't like the answer. stats are stats. offensive drop off .
buddy's DNP'S were buffalo and oregon. frankly he was fed minutes despite his mediocre numbers.
next you'll tell me elijah is not a guard this season either. even tho he brings the ball up with joe.

Last edited:
Goodine got PT early on and stunk. Then he had the mask.

It’s possible he like...got better over the course of the season, and now is ready to help. And getting the mask off helps too.
Don’t be ridiculous

So he has played better as of late with no to little game time. How can that possibly happen. Everyone knows you can only get better playing games.

I think the argument is, in some far-fetched scenario involving younger players, that you may get more comfortable playing in games, by playing in games.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom