Buddy injury updates... | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy injury updates...

That's a ridiculous take. Of course, playing in a game will help make you a better basketball player. Practice makes you better too. You can't 100% replicate a game environment in practice. Playing basketball makes you better at playing basketball.
What I was trying to say is a few minute run in a game is nothing compared to what they get in practice.

Exactly this. I don't see anyone seriously suggesting that Buddy Boeheim is not a good player. The argument is that he shouldn't be playing every minute of every game, like he's indispensable. Especially when there are pieces on the bench like a Goodine, who can offer up alternatives to keep him fresh and ready to finish games. Its a no-brainer; Develop some depth, to provide rest for your starters, and in case of emergency...break glass.

Seeing Goodine for the better part of a game, he reminded me a bit of a young Dennis Johnson (old timers reference).

Why would he be done with the NBA
Stevens has a GM and ownership group who are patient I don't think he would get the same leash from another team. He will be a top college prospect when his team in Boston ends.

By the time that happens he wouldn’t have coached in college in 10 years...Hopefully it’s Capel lol.

If he didn’t go home for the Indiana job he’s done with college.
Stevens took the Celtics job when he did because of Crean's 2013 season saving his job. Celtics people said he wanted the Indiana University job if he was leaving Butler but Crean saved his job and he didn't see Crean bottoming out as fast as he did. The Celtics gave him an unprecedented 6 year contract when he took the job and he didn't know the Nets were going to give the Celtics 2 top 3 picks which turned the rebuild around really fast.
Stevens when he loses his job will only consider elite college jobs. I think Duke would be one of those.

I thought he played well, I was just replying to the “he should’ve crotch chopped to JB after all the 3s he took”...

It’s not like he was raining buckets out there.

He played solid on both ends and looked like he belonged. Definitely a good sign going forward.
I think he meant "each" of the threes he took. Not implying that there were so many.

Look at our football program. When you hire assistants and hope they can step up to the head coach's job, most are unprepared. There is all the organization and administration and press responsibilities and politicking within the university, with donors, and then there's overseeing all the recruiting.

Hire someone who has done the job before. Don't have someone try to learn on the job. Dino's hire shows us this. Hire someone who has done the job before.
Dabo
Ed Orgeron
Earl Weaver
Bruce Bochy
Bill Parcells
John Madden
George Seifert

Cannot paint with such a wide brush.

Adios with this garbage. John should pack his bags if this happens. In a legitimate national search Red is not even close to the best candidate and fit.
JW isnt making the decision.

Buddy also struggled shooting the 3 for the first half of his freshman year. But JB starting giving him more minutes in conference and he showed what he could do. Why can’t he do that for Goodine and give Buddy and Joe some bench time? He was willing to cut back Frank’s minutes last season to play Buddy.
JB really didn't have anyone else to play at that spot.

Maybe you should call your friend and have him tell you that playing a few minutes in a game of basketball won’t make you a better player.

I said it may make you more prepared to actually play in games. I never commented on them running skill development clinics mid-game or anything along the path you're heading down. Anyway, I suppose what you say is true. A fairly needless point, but likely true.

Under your strange theory, any young player with zero minutes all season, would be just as prepared (and likely more prepared as they would be singularly focused on practice!!!!) as the guy who had been getting 4-10 minutes every game or two for the entire season. That seems like an odd take assuming we're talking comparable players. I mean, for a punter, I could see it I suppose, but in basketball?

This doesn't sound good, wouldn't been able to go back in game Wednesday and no practice on Thursday. I think we 're going to see Quincy get the start with Elijah moving to the 2 and Goodine, Howard off bench. I think Buddy doesn't even dress for this game.

This doesn't sound good, wouldn't been able to go back in game Wednesday and no practice on Thursday. I think we 're going to see Quincy get the start with Elijah moving to the 2 and Goodine, Howard off bench. I think Buddy doesn't even dress for this game.
Thank you, doctor.

Then in your opinion you must think JW should be fired.
To Clarify. JW will officially make the decision. JB will provide JW with his recommendation. I see Red as the next coach if Hop doesn't come back because SU has a culture of staying with its own.
P, Doug, Shaf in football, Lacrosse has always stayed in-house.
I simply dont see anyway JW goes outside of family. Question. Do you see JB retiring and Red Gmac and Griff being let go at the same time?
A whole new staff being brought in? Unless there are new sanctions it isnt happening.

He’s also 11th overall in the ACC in scoring average, and only fell out of the Top 10 due to the o-fer in his last injury-shortened game.

But it’s all only because the coach is sleeping with his mother. :p
I knew that coach was smart:)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom