Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 32 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

Are you surprised?
If you were playing basketball and you were looking up for a rebound and some guy came at you with a full force hip check, I'd bet you would have a different take. That was a dirty and malicious type of play, and dangerous.

If we are going to go by the letter of the law, then let's go by the letter of the law.

There is nothing that prevents the league from reviewing a player's actions after a game that I am aware of. In game review is one thing- after the game league has discretion thus not handing out a punishment sets a precedent with how they exercise that discretion for future incidents.

If we are going to go by the letter of the law, then let's go by the letter of the law.
You do this all the time, so you can pretend this makes you a better fan than all of us who look at things realistically.

I am a wonderful person if I do say so myself. and I did the exact same thing once as Buddy just did. And for a lot worse reason. it happens. We make mistakes in life.
200w.gif

You do this all the time, so you can pretend this makes you a better fan than all of us who look at things realistically.
I think the penalty leveled is devastating to Buddy, for something that happens all the time. He'll have to live with this. Did you think about how much it's going to hurt him?

If you were playing basketball and you were looking up for a rebound and some guy came at you with a full force hip check, I'd bet you would have a different take. That was a dirty and malicious type of play, and dangerous.
No it wasn't. And if you got a problem with it mid-game, turn around and shove him a bit. Lower your shoulder back at him. So many other ways to do it, actually.

It caught him by surprise, and in a split moment made a bad and reactionary choice he deeply regrets. Nothing more, nothing less. A good person made a poor decision, at a bad time.

Lol. I've dealt with in in two different sports. Legal physicality is part of the game. You gotta sell it if you want that call.

I've had words to opponents in those situations- never needed to throw a cheap shot.

From the comments by Buddy, he doesn't need your legal services this time. Make sure and drop a business card though.

I think the penalty leveled is devastating to Buddy, for something that happens all the time. He'll have to live with this. Did you think about how much it's going to hurt him?
Buddy's still a great kid but he made a mistake. It happens. But he punched a guy and deserves the suspension. Quit being a goof. You're schtick has long gotten old.

I just wonder if we still legit get a shot likely being 16-17. Gotta figure you have UVA and VT ahead of us and then FSU by record ahead of us at least.
I don't think this team is sniffing the NIT bubble right now.

It doesn't happen all the time.. not even in pickup games does something like that happen all the time.
Some of the places I still play, that does not happen "all the time" (lol). The box out by Wilkes yeah. Not the rebuttal. And if it did, it wouldn't go over nearly as smoothly as it did during the game today, to be honest.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom