Buddy suspended for Duke | Page 31 | Syracusefan.com

Buddy suspended for Duke

i really agree with this.

when officials blow a call that decides a game they never go back and change what happened.

once the game is over...its over.
GhBpw5R.png

Statue of limitations.

JB needs to open his presser after the Duke game, win or lose, with "I will only comment about the game. period. Ok?" This has disaster written all over it if he comments on Buddy.

The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few swings at the opposing team - we did.

But you can't hold a whole team responsible for the behavior of one individual. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole NCAA? And if the whole NCAA is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!

Is there a statute of limitations on these things? Can we go combing thru old tape on Duke and dig up some petty little things that could be considered a "punch"? If Buddy had would up and swung, especially at the head, then I would say yes, he's out. But I can imagine you can find on tape many similar things like he did today which have never seen the light of day.

Good lord this is an embarrassing take. Grasping for straws..

Is there a statute of limitations on these things? Can we go combing thru old tape on Duke and dig up some petty little things that could be considered a "punch"? If Buddy had would up and swung, especially at the head, then I would say yes, he's out. But I can imagine you can find on tape many similar things like he did today which have never seen the light of day.
Story time with Couscuse would be entertaining.

The issue here is not whether we broke a few rules, or took a few swings at the opposing team - we did.

But you can't hold a whole team responsible for the behavior of one individual. For if you do, then shouldn't we blame the whole NCAA? And if the whole NCAA is guilty, then isn't this an indictment of our educational institutions in general? I put it to you, isn't this an indictment of our entire American society? Well, you can do whatever you want to us, but we're not going to sit here and listen to you badmouth the United States of America.

Gentlemen!

Well played.

JB needs a media advisor like now. Someone he knows and trusts. Someone maybe even associated with the University.
I said he doesn’t need to do press conferences. Just put a statement out via the AD.
No attention drawn.

I don’t think our chances (which we’re already extremely low) to win tomorrow really got any worse. We need more athleticism not more shooting to run with Dook and Symir playing 40 minutes gives us that.

Joe and/or Cole are both capable of giving going bananas especially if Symir is spending most of the game on the ball. Weirder chit has happened.

Are you surprised?

No.. in fairness it's quite hard to find anything surprising these days in general. Not many spots on the Bingo card that aren't filled.

this is where the short roster really hurts

if there had been a full roster of players on the bench...another scholarhsip guard ...this really wouldnt have done much damage and the teams record would likely be a lot better now

but

as is

i think symir is a better PG than Joe...so upgrade there...seeing him play 40 minutes will be good.

and I think Joe is basically even with buddy as a SG...maybe even better (although with Dukes length that might be a problem) but joe has shot better than buddy this year...40% from 3 for joe...34 for buddy.

and the team will have to play together on offense...

the attention that buddy draws will be sorely missed but overall it might not be as big of a loss as people expect

the frontline is basically the same

the only thing is the depth...need more than 6 players to win most likely

if ajak can go it will be huge

I said he doesn’t need to do press conferences. Just put a statement out via the AD.
No attention drawn.
I was thinking of tomorrow's post game presser.

this is where the short roster really hurts

if there had been a full roster of players on the bench...another scholarhsip guard ...this really wouldnt have done much damage and the teams record would likely be a lot better now

but

as is

i think symir is a better PG than Joe...so upgrade there...seeing him play 40 minutes will be good.

and I think Joe is basically even with buddy as a SG...maybe even better (although with Dukes length that might be a problem) but joe has shot better than buddy this year...40% from 3 for joe...34 for buddy.

and the team will have to play together on offense...

the attention that buddy draws will be sorely missed but overall it might not be as big of a loss as people expect

the frontline is basically the same

the only thing is the depth...need more than 6 players to win most likely

if ajak can go it will be huge
You forget that Symir is much better on defense than Buddy and a much better ball handler.

Good lord this is an embarrassing take. Grasping for straws..
If we are going to go by the letter of the law, then let's go by the letter of the law.

You forget that Symir is much better on defense than Buddy and a much better ball handler.
no i dont. i think the guard play will be better with a symir-joe backcourt than with a joe-buddy backcourt

i think the guard play is better...especially in terms of matching up with duke

buddy wiill be missed

but the team killed fsu with buddy at forward for a reason.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom