Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread | Page 55 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2017 Why do I put myself through this season thread

Peterman could be absolutely terrible but I don't know why everyone thinks a QB not selected in the first 2 rounds can't be good, especially in the right system. .

They can be good, just usually not in the first year and without going through a couple training camps and getting that under their belt. Yes I know there are exceptions but if you are hoping Peterman is the exception the odds are a long shot

Peterman could be absolutely terrible but I don't know why everyone thinks a QB not selected in the first 2 rounds can't be good, especially in the right system. We obviously are not acquiescing our system to fit players, instead it's the other way around. Taylor clearly does not fit our offense - the dude can't even hit a slant or screen without it being deflected due to his size and he can't read coverage to see who the right play is to.. Adam Shefter correctly stated that Tyrod will be on a different team next year but not as a guaranteed starter. So why is everyone up in arms that he's not starting for us? Peterman's strengths fit our offensive philosophy, Dennison knows this has to work or he's gone and even though he dropped to the 5th round, he was generally considered NFL ready. I'm so beyond ok with this move and I honestly don't understand why people find it so stunning.

He may or may not be good, but starting Peterman is the right move when looking at the philosophy of this year. The author can't honestly tell me that he thinks Tyrod Taylor is getting us to the playoffs. Our defense has to hold teams under 16 or force 4 turnovers to have a chance with this guy.
Does anyone believe Tyrod is only an inch shorter than Peterman?

Oh boy, this is now going to go down this road with the national media...

Oh boy, this is now going to go down this road with the national media...

Such a pathetic ratings grab hot take by a struggling sports show in a divided country. I'd laugh off its idiocy if it wasnt so reckless.

Such a pathetic ratings grab hot take by a struggling sports show in a divided country. I'd laugh off its idiocy if it wasnt so reckless.

Anybody who questions whether a Tyrod got a fair shake probably hasn’t watched a single Bills game in three years. Feel free to question whether the offensive system was structured to best suit his talents...or if the timing of the move was good. But wayyyy too many national media are just looking at the optics to support their H0T Takes vs. looking at the substance of his performance. ‘Reckless’ is a good word for it...’lazy’ is another.

Anybody who questions whether a Tyrod got a fair shake probably hasn’t watched a single Bills game in three years. Feel free to question whether the offensive system was structured to best suit his talents...or if the timing of the move was good. But wayyyy too many national media are just looking at the optics to support their H0T Takes vs. looking at the substance of his performance. ‘Reckless’ is a good word for it...’lazy’ is another.

He's a Syracuse grad - DOH!

We get the Bills-Chargers in KC tomorrow. Have to admit having Peterman as QB does make me more excited to watch the game than I'd be able to muster with Taylor.

The Bills after Tyrod, Keenum and house money

I don’t usually like this author but this is a great analysis of where the Bills stand.

Would love to see Peterman decisive and accurate today, which hopefully unshackles the running game. History shows that’s probably an unrealistic expectation...but if drives can be sustained beyond three plays, hopefully that helps the defense beyond just scoring points. Lord could we use a win after the last two weeks of SU football...

The Bills after Tyrod, Keenum and house money

I don’t usually like this author but this is a great analysis of where the Bills stand.

Would love to see Peterman decisive and accurate today, which hopefully unshackles the running game. History shows that’s probably an unrealistic expectation...but if drives can be sustained beyond three plays, hopefully that helps the defense beyond just scoring points. Lord could we use a win after the last two weeks of SU football...
Guy's been paying attention.

Rex Ryan just killed the bills on ESPN for making the QB move

Unbelievable, Matthews out with a knee injury, Benjamin hurts his knee on the first drive and Dimarco pops up the ball in the air for a pick six. Syracuse redux, sickening.

Well Benjamins seasons over, program is fn cursed. Cant wait to watch Andre Holmes and some other scrub wrs.

When did Matthews get hurt? Can any WR stay healthy for this team?