Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 145 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

I ask myself this question. I knew Bass would miss that kick (he’s been awful all year) and yet even with that expectation it’s still a terrible feeling. I think what I personally struggle with is the Bills have the best quarterback they’ve had in my lifetime and we just can’t seem to find a way to get over the hump. It’s dejecting.

off-season is going to be very interesting, as it always is, as I suspect we are going to see a lot of new faces next year on the roster.…Beane has his work cut out for him.
Dude was barely sneaking in extra points for a while and also missed the one vs Pittsburg . Better kickers are walking around unemployed

We really gotta pray Diggs was just secretly hurt the second half of the year. Finding a new #2 on a rookie contract is definitely possible. Finding a new #1 that can be a #1 as a rookie is a lot more difficult. Might get caught wasting another season trying to develop the roster around Josh.

We really gotta pray Diggs was just secretly hurt the second half of the year. Finding a new #2 on a rookie contract is definitely possible. Finding a new #1 that can be a #1 as a rookie is a lot more difficult. Might get caught wasting another season trying to develop the roster around Josh.
i fear this is where we are at- lots of expensive contracts to shed. Team needs to get younger, faster and cheaper. Top end WR on a rookie deal is a must, but in general next year could absolutely end up being a bridge year...

I wonder if I’ll ever get used to these losses, even though I’ve come to expect it.

I think I would have dealt with it better if it was to literally any other team.
Next time bet a large sum on the Bills opponent to win and if the Bills lose at least you collect a hefty sum of cash.Of course if Bills win you lose money, but it’s only money you lose not your heart and soul.

I don't think you feed him screens & sweeps if he's really hurt. Most of the film guys say the routes running was still good. No clue what went wrong there, big mystery.

There are some pretty good WRs in the draft. with the loss we are in the 25-28 slot correct?

the Texas kid would fit

Next time bet a large sum on the Bills opponent to win and if the Bills lose at least you collect a hefty sum of cash.Of course if Bills win you lose money, but it’s only money you lose not your heart and soul.

I did debate a hedge bet of about $500.

But of course I didn’t.

I wonder if I’ll ever get used to these losses, even though I’ve come to expect it.

I think I would have dealt with it better if it was to literally any other team.

I ask myself this question. I knew Bass would miss that kick (he’s been awful all year) and yet even with that expectation it’s still a terrible feeling. I think what I personally struggle with is the Bills have the best quarterback they’ve had in my lifetime and we just can’t seem to find a way to get over the hump. It’s dejecting.
Ya. I don't feel anywhere near depressed as :13. OTOH I am a grown man who just called in sick? Hate myself for caring so much about 26yr old independent contractors.

One thing that's worked for me is simply just expecting the worse and then being pleasantly surprised after thigns actually work out. Maybe it was the playoff drought or so many soul sucking defeats via Syracuse but these losses don't crush me for days on end anymore. Even the 13 secs game I figured KC would get into FG range and of course they did. I will continue to expect Buffalo to find away to lose these playoff games until they actually win one. Really takes away the heartbreak aspect for me. Told my wife Bass was gonna miss and once he did I shrugged my shoulders and changed the channel. Of course I fully expect to beat KC in the regular season this fall and be right back here this time next year.

Giants fan coming in peace. Was rooting hard for the Bills. I'm sick of the AFC title game being the KC invitational.

My 0.02 that no one asked for:
- Whether you should have kicked the FG or not, a 44 yard FG has to be good.
- Without the numerous injuries you guys suffered, I think you win this game.
- Maybe should have just gone for the short yardage / first down, but the ball that Diggs dropped is just inexcusable.
- At least you still have Josh Allen and will be at least an outside contender no matter what as long as he is still your QB.

I've been fortunate to see four SBs in my lifetime, but there has been a lot of lucky bounces along the way to get those, between health, crazy FGs, Eli to Tyree, Eli to Manningham, winning in ice cold Green Bay, Matt Bahr making five FGs and the one I won't mention for obvious reasons in this thread.

All to say, everything will come together at one point, I honestly believe that. And y'all will be able to celebrate like it's the end of the world. Josh Allen maybe will have more of a John Elway career rather than a Joe Montana career, but I have no doubt the Bills will win at least one SB with him as QB.

One thing that's worked for me is simply just expecting the worse and then being pleasantly surprised after thigns actually work out. Maybe it was the playoff drought or so many soul sucking defeats via Syracuse but these losses don't crush me for days on end anymore. Even the 13 secs game I figured KC would get into FG range and of course they did. I will continue to expect Buffalo to find away to lose these playoff games until they actually win one. Really takes away the heartbreak aspect for me. Told my wife Bass was gonna miss and once he did I shrugged my shoulders and changed the channel. Of course I fully expect to beat KC in the regular season this fall and be right back here this time next year.

I go in with that expectation, but as the game is playing out, I find myself unconsciously abandoning that plan.

And then Lucy pulls the football.

I fall for it every single time.

I go in with that expectation, but as the game is playing out, I find myself unconsciously abandoning that plan.

And then Lucy pulls the football.

I fall for it every single time.
Same. Was ready for a loss but it has to always be something like that.

Ya. I don't feel anywhere near depressed as :13. OTOH I am a grown man who just called in sick? Hate myself for caring so much about 26yr old independent contractors.

Norwood, Music City Miracle and :13 will be a hard top 3 to ever crack.

But yesterday, finally getting KC at home, and not closing was just so depressing.

I felt so bad for the fans who had to file out of that stadium, sit in traffic and get home so late on a Sunday night after a deflating loss like that.

I was at the game last night and that may be the last Bills game I go to for a long time. The idiotic decision to build the new stadium in that same dumpster of a location sealed the deal for me. Not to mention shelling out big money for certain heartbreak has become less and less appealing each year.

i fear this is where we are at- lots of expensive contracts to shed. Team needs to get younger, faster and cheaper. Top end WR on a rookie deal is a must, but in general next year could absolutely end up being a bridge year...
I don't know about next year being a bridge year... I think with Josh plus the talent we have this is still a 1/2/3 seed contender:
- the o-line is in the best shape it's been in for a long time - only risk here is if Morse retires and regardless they need a long term plan here
- TE is set with Kincaid and Knox
- RB is set
- WR needs help... they have Shakir as a great #2/slot guy. The million dollar question is what is Diggs? They are paying him too much to be anything but a #1
- the D-line and LBs should be the strength of the team, especially if Milano comes back to full health
- Our DBs are pretty solid if they can stay healthy... we actually have pretty good depth here but the rash of injuries was something else
- we need to replace our safeties and no I don't believe in Rapp

I think if they can get an impact WR and Safety out of the draft this year the team won't miss a beat from a talent perspective.

The other question is coaching... Brady seems like an upgrade but the stats don't seem to back it up. Also I'm disappointed with his 4th quarter decisions to run against a team waiting on the run. On D... I think we waited way too long to pressure Mahomes and the second we did in the 4 quarter the game changed. Also why was Williams not playing more?

TLDR as long as we have Josh we have enough talent to be one of the top 3/4 teams in the NFL. The problem is that the Bengals and Chiefs can reach a level the Bills can't get to because they have more elite playmakers outside of the QB than the Bills do.

No sports TV for me this week, especially First Things First. Obviously Nick Wright picked KC so the last thing on earth I want to see this week is anything from the episode today.

No sports TV for me this week, especially First Things First. Obviously Nick Wright picked KC so the last thing on earth I want to see this week is anything from the episode today.

Oh you don't want to listen to that moron Chris Canty blame Josh Allen for the loss?

I don't know about next year being a bridge year... I think with Josh plus the talent we have this is still a 1/2/3 seed contender:
- the o-line is in the best shape it's been in for a long time - only risk here is if Morse retires and regardless they need a long term plan here
- RB is set
- WR needs help... they have Shakir as a great #2/slot guy. The million dollar question is what is Diggs? They are paying him too much to be anything but a #1
- the D-line and LBs should be the strength of the team, especially if Milano comes back to full health
- Our DBs are pretty solid if they can stay healthy... we actually have pretty good depth here but the rash of injuries was something else

I think if they can get an impact WR and Safety out of the draft this year the team won't miss a beat from a talent perspective.

The other question is coaching... Brady seems like an upgrade but the stats don't seem to back it up. Also I'm disappointed with his 4th quarter decisions to run against a team waiting on the run. On D... I think we waited way too long to pressure Mahomes and the second we did in the 4 quarter the game changed. Also why was Williams not playing more?

TLDR as long as we have Josh we have enough talent to be one of the top 3/4 teams in the NFL. The problem is that the Bengals and Chiefs can reach a level the Bills can't get to because they have more elite playmakers outside of the QB than the Bills do.
I think the DL needs to get better too. For a healthy unit they made no plays yesterday.

- RB is set

I said it a few weeks ago, but the Bills defense was a bigger reason for the turnaround than the offense was. Brady used Cook more and let Allen use his legs, but the passing game was significantly worse. Once the defense got dinged up they were going to be in trouble.

Man, love the non-Bills fans up in the Bills thread
Here because I'm a KC hater

anigif_sub-buzz-6483-1513358100-1_preview.gif

Now it's on Baltimore's plate to stop the Chiefs.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom