Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread | Page 146 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Bills 2023 Thread

There are some pretty good WRs in the draft. with the loss we are in the 25-28 slot correct?

the Texas kid would fit
I haven’t really gotten past surface level scouting on the WRs but Adonai Mitchell’s numbers suggest he probably struggles to separate from people in college which is pretty much the opposite of what I’m looking for. His teammate, Xavier Worthy, is more interesting to me for what this team needs. Probably a Day 2 pick.

From what I’ve seen, the guys projected around our pick all look like they may have some critical flaws but Brian Thomas and Troy Franklin are the two most promising ones IMO. Thomas is a monster against press coverage and getting open in general but catches everything with his body. Franklin is a height and speed guy. Can get open on vertical or crossing routes but just okay at everything else.

Giants fan coming in peace. Was rooting hard for the Bills. I'm sick of the AFC title game being the KC invitational.

My 0.02 that no one asked for:
- Whether you should have kicked the FG or not, a 44 yard FG has to be good.
- Without the numerous injuries you guys suffered, I think you win this game.
- Maybe should have just gone for the short yardage / first down, but the ball that Diggs dropped is just inexcusable.
- At least you still have Josh Allen and will be at least an outside contender no matter what as long as he is still your QB.

I've been fortunate to see four SBs in my lifetime, but there has been a lot of lucky bounces along the way to get those, between health, crazy FGs, Eli to Tyree, Eli to Manningham, winning in ice cold Green Bay, Matt Bahr making five FGs and the one I won't mention for obvious reasons in this thread.

All to say, everything will come together at one point, I honestly believe that. And y'all will be able to celebrate like it's the end of the world. Josh Allen maybe will have more of a John Elway career rather than a Joe Montana career, but I have no doubt the Bills will win at least one SB with him as QB.
The luck thing:
1. Chiefs fumbled a would be TD out of the back of the end zone. How lucky for us. Did nothing with it

2. Allen fumbled a ball that looked like 6 the other way. Miraculously we recovered

The football gods said “here ya go bills … we CANT do it for you though !”

The luck thing:
1. Chiefs fumbled a would be TD out of the back of the end zone. How lucky for us. Did nothing with it

2. Allen fumbled a ball that looked like 6 the other way. Miraculously we recovered

The football gods owe Buffalo a lot more than that.

Just my 0.02 again.

The luck thing:

Right, so many un-Billsy breaks. Definitely contributed to the Charlie Brown feeling for me. The help in other games from Tennessee & Vegas, Hardy punt return in Miami, and that stuff in this game. The whole juju felt different somehow. That's it for me as far as trusting Lucy.

I haven’t really gotten past surface level scouting on the WRs but Adonai Mitchell’s numbers suggest he probably struggles to separate from people in college which is pretty much the opposite of what I’m looking for. His teammate, Xavier Worthy, is more interesting to me for what this team needs. Probably a Day 2 pick.

From what I’ve seen, the guys projected around our pick all look like they may have some critical flaws but Brian Thomas and Troy Franklin are the two most promising ones IMO. Thomas is a monster against press coverage and getting open in general but catches everything with his body. Franklin is a height and speed guy. Can get open on vertical or crossing routes but just okay at everything else.
Worthy only weighs about 170 and seems to have an awful work ethic or lack of competitiveness or perhaps both. Want no part of him.

Worthy only weighs about 170 and seems to have an awful work ethic or lack of competitiveness or perhaps both. Want no part of him.
Based on what? Like I said, I'm only at the surface level on most of the WRs right now.

So with a day to reflect these are some points I think that are important that haven’t been discussed very much

-passing game has been broken for pretty much the entire year. This dedication to the run only gets you so far if you can’t capitalize on its success by then being able to throw it. We just couldn’t throw it with any degree of explosiveness for most of the year. Joe Brady’s OC tenure being better than Dorsey’s doesn’t hold up to statistical analysis.

Our longest pass play was for a measly FIFTEEN yards yesterday .. not going to cut it. There were some drops but that’s still our guys dropping the passes .

You aren’t going to nickel and dime your way to a championship unless you have the explosion in your back pocket

As far as the defense goes , as injured as we were , the D line wasn’t hurt. They were quite healthy .. and got blown up to the tune of 6.1 ypg and had zero sacks . They couldn’t even slow down the run at ALL when they were selling out to stop it on the last drive . What was their excuse ? Chiefs Oline was considered a weakness . Sure didn’t look it . Did we forget last year when Cincy destroyed them as well ? The Dline needs ALOT of work and I don’t know how that happens with the holes we have to fill otherwise

In summary , we didn’t lose yesterday just because our Defense was injured . This team has many flaws and they need to be addressed lest we repeat this same crap going forward

The football gods owe Buffalo a lot more than that.

Just my 0.02 again.
Giants fan here too but root for Bills unless they've playing each other. Question, lots of discussion here about Bills need to revamp wrs but no mention of Gabe Davis coming back? If the Bills don't want him would love to have him on the Giants.

Giants fan here too but root for Bills unless they've playing each other. Question, lots of discussion here about Bills need to revamp wrs but no mention of Gabe Davis coming back? If the Bills don't want him would love to have him on the Giants.
I highly doubt Davis will be back in Buffalo.

I know it’s not going to happen. I’m not even calling for it to happen. But I wonder what percentage of bills fans would want Bill B as the coach right now over McD.

Given Buffalo's cap situation, I tend to doubt he'll be back. Having said that, he's probably lost some money this season so there's a world where his market ends up not being as high as most expect and I know Buffalo likes him a lot.

I'd be shocked if Davis is back. Good WR but goes MIA for stretches and has issues with drops at times. He's a good deep ball threat and a great run blocker but with Buffalo's cap issues I can't see him being close to a priority. Buffalo will look to the draft and probably take a run at one of the big FA Wr's if they can make the $$ work.

Based on what? Like I said, I'm only at the surface level on most of the WRs right now.
Based on watching him. Bad body language, bad drops, goes down easily. Also failed to get through Michigan admissions.

Interesting that Bernard was adamant about playing on Sun vs the Chiefs to the point he kept himself questionable despite the medical staff ruling him out early. Beane said they had let him practice on Saturday but had to "protect him against himself" and make him inactive.

Based on watching him. Bad body language, bad drops, goes down easily. Also failed to get through Michigan admissions.
Hmmm…Kiper says he’s one of those team first guys that just does whatever he can to help the team win. Played through a broken hand during the season and is among the best in class in terms of forcing missed/broken tackles.

Hmmm…Kiper says he’s one of those team first guys that just does whatever he can to help the team win. Played through a broken hand during the season and is among the best in class in terms of forcing missed/broken tackles.
That's odd. Looks like Kiper knocked him off his big board this week and Brugler has him down at 57 now. He definitely started the season as a no doubt 1st rounder everywhere.

That's odd. Looks like Kiper knocked him off his big board this week and Brugler has him down at 57 now. He definitely started the season as a no doubt 1st rounder everywhere.
Kiper says he has him as a late 1st talent, on the fringe of his top 25 big board. It looks like a few others have him around the top 20-30 but others have him outside the top 50.

Going with AJ Klein seriously is a borderline fireable offense. This regime makes alot of good decisions but also makes fatal decisions

I wonder if we're still be playing if we'd played the Steelers game in Atlanta on Sunday.

Just to put a nice bow on this season.

Allen was 17-0 when committing 0 turnovers, now 17-1.

KC was 0-6 when allowing 21+ points, now 1-6.

It’s funny.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom