Buffalo crushes Uconn 41-12 | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo crushes Uconn 41-12

Gonna say it. Feel bad for P
I agree but I feel bad for P. Bring him back to I a Mac like role and let him do some work with our lb's.

Sent from my SPH-L720 using Tapatalk 4

UConn may never recover from the conference realignment unless the B1G steps in and saves them but why would they? UConn is the worst environment / fans for football I ever went to for an away game. F' Them.

At Tennessee I had a UT fan buying me beers and telling me the history of Tennessee football. At Auburn I got invited into a Tigers fan tailgate. Florida State was a huge pre-game party, didn't matter what school colors you were wearing. Basically the same thing all around college football (including back in the 90s when we had ranked teams playing in big road games).

At UConn I got my car vandalized, even though I'd pulled anything SU related off of it before heading to the stadium. UConn fans don't get college football - never have, never will. They don't belong at the party, and are getting what they justly deserve right now - left out.

At Tennessee I had a UT fan buying me beers and telling me the history of Tennessee football. At Auburn I got invited into a Tigers fan tailgate. Florida State was a huge pre-game party, didn't matter what school colors you were wearing. Basically the same thing all around college football (including back in the 90s when we had ranked teams playing in big road games).

At UConn I got my car vandalized, even though I'd pulled anything SU related off of it before heading to the stadium. UConn fans don't get college football - never have, never will. They don't belong at the party, and are getting what they justly deserve right now - left out.

Yesterday I hosted a tailgate at UTSA. The last couple years I get coworkers together and buy a group of tickets...add a little to each ticket to cover the tailgate and we have some fun. We had UTSA, Houston, Neutral and even 3 Cuse fans (HTownOrange) at my tailgate. Never saw an issue in the parking lots or the stadium. BTW, UTSA in the third year of playing had a very good football tailgate scene...however, too many folks you could tell were just there for the tailgate. BTW, they had a legit 30-35k in the Dome.

Been to UConn twice and generally most fans are okay...but a definite minority of them are total asswholes...I used to stick up for UConn and even supported them coming with us to the ACC...now not so much.

To hell with UConn. I doubt Syracuse, Pittsburgh, or Boston College want them in the ACC. I also doubt that Penn State or Rutgers want them in the Big 10. With Calhoun gone and their football program in shambles in that train wreck of a conference; they're toast.

You need to see the larger picture. More of your ACC brethren agree with the sentiments expressed in your post than Cuse, Pitt and BC. ;)

If I'm Warde Manuel, he doesn't survive the weekend. 0-4 with two losses against Towson and UB? If that's not a fireable offense, I'm not sure what is.

By the way, I always considered myself pretty Pro-Coach P when he was here, and I generally look fondly upon his tenure here, but these results certainly give even more credence to the "We underachieved under Coach P" crowd. either he's gotten exponentially worse or we really, really underachieved during his tenure.
no it doesnt times and situations change completely

He's their Coach P.

You mean Uconn won multiple conference championships, went to a bunch of bowls, had one losing season in 14 years.

I must have missed that.

I don't care what happens to Uconn as a program, but Pasqualoni should be honored and respected for his body of work here, same with Deleone.

Mac isn't Mac with Deleone running the offense. And that goes for MacPhearson, Graves, and McNabb.

This is a sad end for Coach, P, but there is a larger lesson here for the fellas about hanging onto the game for too long. Be it football or many other things.

To many guys end up lie this or Eddie Sutton or even Denny Crum, not a lot of Boeheims and Ks out there.

You mean Uconn won multiple conference championships, went to a bunch of bowls, had one losing season in 14 years.

I must have missed that.

I don't care what happens to Uconn as a program, but Pasqualoni should be honored and respected for his body of work here, same with Deleone.

Mac isn't Mac with Deleone running the offense. And that goes for MacPhearson, Graves, and McNabb.

I agree. He's our second winningest coach of all time and doesn't deserve to be laughed at at all. I'm surprised that P-D weren't able to at least keep UCONN at the level they were at under Edsall. Also that they can't run the ball. I always thought their problem was a glass ceiling but here the floor has collapsed. And facilities were certainly not an issue. Very surprising.

I must have missed that.

I have no issue with that and agree...but I also think the game passed them by. This was so predicable they would never be able to keep UConn at Edsall levels. It couldn't have happened at a better time...I'm still pissed we lost to them in 2011.

I have no issue with that and agree...but I also think the game passed them by. This was so predicable they would never be able to keep UConn at Edsall levels. It couldn't have happened at a better time...I'm still pissed we lost to them in 2011.

Edsall couldn't have kept them at Edsall levels.

I must have missed that.

He hasn't been there that long. I'm comparing his last few here to theirs. He's continuing his decline. This isn't the 90's. We warned the UConn fans.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edsall couldn't have kept them at Edsall levels.

What is your analysis of the problems at Connecticut? Why is this happening?

Not GoSU96 but IMHO

Edsall overachieved and had some luck with opponents they beat which they shouldn't have.
They built in early season wins against some weak OOC schools and weak P5 teams and got to 7-8 wins beating BE teams the 2nd half of the season.
Edsall was a great talent evaluator and got 2 star talent to play at higher levels.
UConn recently has had bad luck with QBs which hasn't helped them lately...they have lost all momentum and their program feels like ours around 2007/8.

Not GoSU96 but IMHO

Edsall overachieved and had some luck with opponents they beat which they shouldn't have.
They built in early season wins against some weak OOC schools and weak P5 teams and got to 7-8 wins beating BE teams the 2nd half of the season.
Edsall was a great talent evaluator and got 2 star talent to play at higher levels.
UConn recently has had bad luck with QBs which hasn't helped them lately...they have lost all momentum and their program feels like ours around 2007/8.

But worse. I don't see any NFL coaching alumns looking to come help bail them out, or a power 5 conference waiting to take them in. Purgatory may have kicked them to hell

Maybe not. But I think people underestimate Edsall's ability as a HC.

Agree. And he was our first choice to replace Grob.

"OUR"? Taking some liberties there, bees, don'tcha think?;)

Our meaning SU.

God this was beautiful to watch as a UB student and Upstate NY football fan.

ALL HAIL NEUTZ.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom