Buffalo Game Thread... | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Game Thread...

well-good-for-you-872488f88d1b2db54d55bc8bba2fad1b.gif
Sorry, man. I was trying to suggest that it might not be an espn fault. Maybe it's your device or ISP.

They are in the MAC - try to get your facts right. I don't think they are better but they are a hell of a lot better than you're giving them credit for just by looking at what conference they are in - and you even got that part wrong. I do think they have more guys who can score than we do. They gave Texas and Miami close games the past 2 NCAA tourneys.

I get their results from the past tournaments. I get that they were a tournament team. Losing to that team is not an acceptable result given the differential in talent.

Have whatever opinion you want about how much of a quality of loss this may have been, I’m out.

Not sure. Had some problems with the feed. This is a good win. Buffalo plays good D in the style of Cincinnati, Michigan St., etc.

Agreed on Frank VS Scoop. No question Scoop is/was better. Scoop is a PG. Frank is a SG.

Yeah I think there were two similar plays - with different official rulings. I must have missed the first one and you missed the second. I’m so over streaming these games.

Scoop is one of my faves all time... I think people have a lot of inaccurate and unfair takes on him.

Buffalo is a good team. This will be a quality win by the end of the year.

Biggest takeaway is that Frank needs to get stronger with the ball across half court. After today’s game he will officially be met with pressure at mid court for every game the rest of the year until he proves he can beat it consistently.

Yep. Really like this UB team. They should finish either 1 or 2 in the MAC with Toledo.

Frank just dangles the ball out there, stalls, and tries these slow crossovers. It’s going to be a roller coaster with him. If he had some speed he could just avoid it altogether and blow by it but he doesn’t so that is why teams are starting to do this more and more. He’s more of a plodding PG who doesn’t play downhill. This was a good W like you said.

UB is pretty good. They are excellent defensively and they have good balance on offense. They took Battle’s penetration away and he and Howard had a difficult time getting by their man. It was the same against GEorgetown, but for some reason they went zone, which gave SU time to spot up and make shots. OB at the line was a perfect 16-16. SU held it together at the end and made the plays they needed. This will turn out to be a good win. 10-1 with a very good Bonnie team coming in on Friday.

My streaming was excellent after it came on. No problems at all. Clear as a bell.

Yeah I think there were two similar plays - with different official rulings. I must have missed the first one and you missed the second. I’m so over streaming these games.

Scoop is one of my faves all time... I think people have a lot of inaccurate and unfair takes on him.

Yes, must’ve been two similar close together and like you said we saw the other/opposite ones.

UB is pretty good. They are excellent defensively and they have good balance on offense. They took Battle’s penetration away and he and Howard had a difficult time getting by their man. It was the same against GEorgetown, but for some reason they went zone, which gave SU time to spot up and make shots. OB at the line was a perfect 16-16. SU held it together at the end and made the plays they needed. This will turn out to be a good win. 10-1 with a very good Bonnie team coming in on Friday.

Gotta root like hell when UB plays A&M later this week. I think they could do it, just based on style.

Yep. Really like this UB team. They should finish either 1 or 2 in the MAC with Toledo.

Frank just dangles the ball out there, stalls, and tries these slow crossovers. It’s going to be a roller coaster with him. If he had some speed he could just avoid it altogether and blow by it but he doesn’t so that is why teams are starting to do this more and more. He’s more of a plodding PG who doesn’t play downhill. This was a good W like you said.
Frank needs to beat the pressure with passing, not dribbling.

Either that or be way more aggressive while crossing half court. Like you said, he basically plods his way up the court and attempts a slow crossover to beat the defender. It’s very predictable and easily defendable.

What the Frank was that?
Frank gotta Frank.
Hit some big shots though.
It is what it is, and he is who he is.

Wow. Didn’t see many of those. Perkins destroyed him. Impressive player. Like maybe what Diagne could’ve been.

Yeah he and Marek got pushed around especially tonight. Not their best games and one of the reason the rebounding margin is so close.

Buffalo is a good team. This will be a quality win by the end of the year.

Biggest takeaway is that Frank needs to get stronger with the ball across half court. After today’s game he will officially be met with pressure at mid court for every game the rest of the year until he proves he can beat it consistently.
Knowing how curly likes to get after it, this is setting up to be a New Years Eve massacre.

Frank needs to beat the pressure with passing, not dribbling.

Either that or be way more aggressive while crossing half court. Like you said, he basically plods his way up the court and attempts a slow crossover to beat the defender. It’s very predictable and easily defendable.
He’s hard to figure because all of sudden he gets a clear path to the hoop and finishes. He had a huge three after he was picked cleanly. Not a smart shot, but he made it.

Knowing how curly likes to get after it, this is setting up to be a New Years Eve massacre.

Lol. Va Tech gives up boatloads of points. Yes they are aggressive but that doesn't equate to good defense unless you play solid help D as well.. which they do not.

He’s hard to figure because all of sudden he gets a clear path to the hoop and finishes. He had a huge three after he was picked cleanly. Not a smart shot, but he made it.

Usually those seem to be off of some kind of screen and a defensive breakdown where nobody sees the ball and nobody rotates like that last layup. But, if it’s bringing the ball up like we saw against a good defender and getting the offense discombobulated or getting stripped; it’s a maalox moment.

Lol...anyone catching the presser with JB and all of the things he has said about HW and how he will end up seeing time and may go to 3 guard lineup some...someone on here keeps implying he has the inside info that he won't see the court and isn't ready etc yet jb saying something different. As I said earlier in thread I think hw or someone in his family took a big steaming dump in this person's wheaties!

You can’t breathe on guys at all in the NBA. They play 1994 John Starks Defense.

It’s just normal tough defense, lol. Plenty of people have scored on them. They aren’t some daunting task to go up against. We just have shaky ballhandlers plain and simple.

It’s just normal tough defense, lol. Plenty of people have scored on them. They aren’t some daunting task to go up against. We just have shaky ballhandlers plain and simple.

Disagree on the defense. Yes we have shaky ball handlers, but handchecking is always called in the pros.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom