Buffalo Game Thread... | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Buffalo Game Thread...

If Syracuse and Buffalo play 100 times, Syracuse should win 100 times. Given our inherent advantages, losing to Buffalo is inexcusable. Whether they throttle an overrated Arizona team from a white hot garbage Pac-12 is neither here nor there.

Though I do appreciate that you care enough about me to remember posts of mine from months ago.

Happy for all my UB friends. UB Football should be pretty good next year along with another really strong hoops team. I wonder if they could get ever get into American and play at New Era/KBC? Attendance would be horrible but how different from Temple and UCONN?

Happy for all my UB friends. UB Football should be pretty good next year along with another really strong hoops team. I wonder if they could get ever get into American and play at New Era/KBC? Attendance would be horrible but how different from Temple and UCONN?
I don’t know.

Buffalo rewards teams that bring them prominence/achievement.

Also, attendance for ub basketball games is solid.

A bowl win for UB could shoot up avg attendance.

I don’t know.

If they could get decent (perennial bowl team) and the SUNY campus system/NYS could sell them as THE public NYS team like Penn State at University Park is THE PA team even though they are part of a state campus system then maybe they could get more traction in WNY and the state overall.

I don’t know.

Didn't mean it as a slight to UB. Look at SU football's attendance issues (both of us usually on that board). I respect your UB knowledge and passion. I was born and raised just outside Buffalo, only left to go to Cuse. Family has had Bills seasons as long as I can remember. In my opinion and I think you would agree, that Buffalo will always be a pro sports town. Bills, Sabres, Yanks/Red Sox/Jays dominate. If UB has sustained success they could start to get a really solid following but right now 10k almost seems impossible. It's just not in people's DNA yet.

Didn't mean it as a slight to UB. Look at SU football's attendance issues (both of us usually on that board). I respect your UB knowledge and passion. I was born and raised just outside Buffalo, only left to go to Cuse. Family has had Bills seasons as long as I can remember. In my opinion and I think you would agree, that Buffalo will always be a pro sports town. Bills, Sabres, Yanks/Red Sox/Jays dominate. If UB has sustained success they could start to get a really solid following but right now 10k almost seems impossible. It's just not in people's DNA yet.

I agree.

Im very interested though to see if an in state rivalry begins to brew if UB sustains this success on the court and in recruiting.

They are a better program right now than SJU, uconn, pittsburgh and Georgetown

I agree.

Im very interested though to see if an in state rivalry begins to brew if UB sustains this success on the court and in recruiting.

They are a better program right now than SJU, uconn, pittsburgh and Georgetown

Best Big 4 team that I have seen.

I went to grad school at UB so perhaps I have a bit of a soft spot but I don't believe that having a comparatively strong UB team in revenue sports has to be at the expense of SU.

If we played in the same conference I think it would be tough but I'd like to see UB build their program into a potential Conf USA or American Conference squad.

Having a team in state that we could have a healthy rivalry with in fball and bball even if it's somewhat lopsided is good for the sport overall and will help to grow NYS sports from the youth level through high school.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bspencer309

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom