Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 57 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say goodbye to the Bumbling Bourama past, and welcome the Bol Ajak/Ansalem future

Three takes
-first, Frank came off well in the interviews. He talked about having to earn time and perhaps sit. Not an aau brat. Not entitled. I’m so excited to see us land this type of player With that body type, athleticism and potential at the center position.
-second I thought it was interesting to learn how honest the staff was with Frank regarding the fact that he might sit a lot his freshman year. It isn’t necessarily in their best interest to deliver that message and it is interesting that as a program they have decided to take that approach. I wonder if other coaches are as honest in this regard. Do you think Coach K was honest with Jordan Tucker for example?
-Last this clearly was a huge day for Red Autry. Without Red this kid goes somewhere else. One wonders if this could be a large steppingstone towards Red becoming the heir apparent.

I’m glad to have received the commitment from FA. But I’m also a fan of Sidibe. The kid works hard... through a lot of pain, and showed real progress this year. Next year he could be a much improved player. He isn’t a big bodied banger. And we need some of that to complement Sidibe. Hopefully FA is that player.

So funny the kid literally admits he’s not going to play his first year like I’ve been saying for the entire week leading up to this and everyone thought he would have this huge impact. I guess you guys, especially a certain few, should “trust me” like I said because it’s not an opinion... happy SU got him and love his potential but can’t wait til this thread gets locked

So funny the kid literally admits he’s not going to play his first year like I’ve been saying for the entire week leading up to this and everyone thought he would have this huge impact. I guess you guys, especially a certain few, should “trust me” like I said because it’s not an opinion... happy SU got him and love his potential but can’t wait til this thread gets locked

Not to mention the fact that the reason he won't also has to do with the quality in front of him not because Frank isn't a very nice get.

When you look back, this is a great plan c to Jackson and Tape. Far better than the local kid( who I wish all the best).
I mean ya I'll take 3 or 4 years of him over one year of tape.

Welcome aboard Frank! We needed this commitment sooooo bad. Expect Edwards to take the RS
That would be weird. A guy who was expected to still be in high school, forcing a college sophomore to a non-roster spot? I don't think Edwards is that far away and he needs to be playing in 20-21.

That would be weird. A guy who was expected to still be in high school, forcing a college sophomore to a non-roster spot? I don't think Edwards is that far away and he needs to be playing in 20-21.

Anselem is much more talented than Edwards. Can’t have 4 centers vying for minutes. Someone will take a RS and my money is on Edwards

Anselem is much more talented than Edwards. Can’t have 4 centers vying for minutes. Someone will take a RS and my money is on Edwards
Say we're playing at Duke. Sidibe picks up two fouls in two minutes (one for breathing on Tape, the other after taking an elbow to the face from Tape). Anselem comes in and picks up two fouls in ten minutes. JBA comes in and sprains his ankle. Dolezaj is forced to play center for the first time all season...and he already has two fouls.

Would be nice to have Edwards in the mix, no?

Don't get me wrong. Magnum is good. But aqua vitae is for what ails ya.
RectangularEnergeticAidi-size_restricted.gif

Maybe i'm missing something. Which video convinces you that he's "much more talented?" Sincere/respectful question. I'm going back and watching stuff, but not yet seeing it. He seems like a young, raw Terrence Roberts, and again we have a guy who didn't start on his HS team (recognizing he was a 'Junior,' but still). I didn't see him doing much in the Huntington Prep game, and the few highlight videos only show him dunking.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom