Class of 2020 - C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE | Page 58 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Frank Anselem (GA) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
Say we're playing at Duke. Sidibe picks up two fouls in two minutes (one for breathing on Tape, the other after taking an elbow to the face from Tape). Anselem comes in and picks up two fouls in ten minutes. JBA comes in and sprains his ankle. Dolezaj is forced to play center for the first time all season...and he already has two fouls.

Would be nice to have Edwards in the mix, no?

I can’t predict the future but JB never had 3 centers in rotation before and we managed just fine

Maybe i'm missing something. Which video convinces you that he's "much more talented?" Sincere/respectful question. I'm going back and watching stuff, but not yet seeing it. He seems like a young, raw Terrence Roberts, and again we have a guy who didn't start on his HS team (recognizing he was a 'Junior,' but still). I didn't see him doing much in the Huntington Prep game, and the few highlight videos only show him dunking.

I like his motor and the aggression in his game. Plus he seems very confident on what he can bring to the table. Kentucky and Kansas wanted him. That’s enough for me. Plus JB really wanted him. Edwards is going to be a great depth piece

Say we're playing at Duke. Sidibe picks up two fouls in two minutes (one for breathing on Tape, the other after taking an elbow to the face from Tape). Anselem comes in and picks up two fouls in ten minutes. JBA comes in and sprains his ankle. Dolezaj is forced to play center for the first time all season...and he already has two fouls.

Would be nice to have Edwards in the mix, no?
That's quite a scenario you put out for one game. Someone is more than likely going to red shirt and jba just did.

So funny the kid literally admits he’s not going to play his first year like I’ve been saying for the entire week leading up to this and everyone thought he would have this huge impact. I guess you guys, especially a certain few, should “trust me” like I said because it’s not an opinion... happy SU got him and love his potential but can’t wait til this thread gets locked
No need to lock it. Frank committed. This is the place to talk about a recruit until he steps on campus.

Still not sure why the Alan Griffin one was locked and then moved to the basketball board. Majority of the time, we keep recruiting threads open and ongoing until they report to campus.

That would be weird. A guy who was expected to still be in high school, forcing a college sophomore to a non-roster spot? I don't think Edwards is that far away and he needs to be playing in 20-21.
I think we could better use Frank’s defense coming off the bench complementing Bo’s minutes than Jesse’s offense.

Yeah, we need all the backup centers available to ensure Dolezaj plays the 4 exclusively.
3512666dolemite-1.gif

New Mexico only has 1 Center? According to their roster, they have a 6'9 BF, a 6'9 guard (yes guard), 7' juco commit and another 6'9 center commit for 2020.
JB, Otto, Frank, script and Orangemen...
View attachment 182140
Think he wants #5 though which is available again...
just watched the Syracuse-Notre Dame game where Syracuse used press and man to man to come back and win. Another game where McNeal made the defense better in the comeback. Jim has some options for next year.

i think overall the four we are bringing in are better than the four leaving (other than Eli).

I know I've been drinking again, but doesn't that make three?

Last edited:
Kudos to the coaching staff! We seriously upgraded our roster while losing our best player! That is not easy to do. Anselem+Newton+Richmond+Griffin>Hughes+Washington+Carey+Goodine. I see 22+ wins next year!

If your example is from over two decades ago the other person probably has a pretty solid argument haha
Or I could bring up examples from last year where we could have used another center.

That's quite a scenario you put out for one game. Someone is more than likely going to red shirt and jba just did.
Not someone. Edwards is the only option. It’s a possibility, but more likely he plays.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cardiac

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom