C.J. Fair decision is in and their will be a PC sometime this week | Syracusefan.com

C.J. Fair decision is in and their will be a PC sometime this week

Do guys have press conferences to announce they are returning to school?:(

HAK did as well. Some guys do have them to state they are coming back.

This could be to drum up some publicity for him for next year at Syracuse. He is well known to all of us, but having a press conference declaring that he is coming back can give him some national attention and some good momentum going in to next year with a chance at first team all america or even player of the year.

MCW, Flynn and Greene did not have a press conference to annouce they were leaving. Just a press release.

CJ! CJ! CJ! CJ! no nba team will chant his name like that next year.

The leadership he shows next year will be big time for him draft stock alone :D .

MCW, Flynn and Greene did not have a press conference to annouce they were leaving. Just a press release.
Good points. With your and orangefogs reasoning above, I am feeling a lot better about this. Seems to me more reasons to have a press conference to say you are coming back, than to say you are leaving.

Good points. With your and orangefogs reasoning above, I am feeling a lot better about this. Seems to me more reasons to have a press conference to say you are coming back, than to say you are leaving.

I have a good feeling about this as well. CJ seems like a very humble kid, and if he had made the decision to go pro, I think we would've just heard about it in a press release. Also, I gotta say, entering the draft would be a puzzling decision on his part. I'm just not seeing a consistent first round projection. Chad Ford didn't even have him in his top 35 prospect list the other day.

Reading the tea leafs of the article I think he is coming back. Melo was a coming off a NC and wanted it to be heard directly from himself he was leaving, but Flynn, MCW, Greene all used SU press releases to declare. I think C.J. is coming back a la Hak, but if he declares I won't disappointed either way.

the comments below said the rumor is hes coming back on campus.

I haven't been this excited for a player to come back in a loooong loooong time.

This could be to drum up some publicity for him for next year at Syracuse. He is well known to all of us, but having a press conference declaring that he is coming back can give him some national attention and some good momentum going in to next year with a chance at first team all america or even player of the year.
I agree with you. I feel that CJ is SU's best kept "secret!"

I would be shocked if he left. Absolutely shocked. We all knew MCW was gone and the same with waiters and fab last year. This is a crucial decision for next years prospects. CJ is the difference between a preseason top 10 team or a really, really young (though talented) team which could be putting us back into bubble territory. I don't think he's going anywhere.

not necessarily saying this about cj, but i am shocked how many kids are advised to enter the draft early (if you are not a lock for a lottery pick). if you aren't going to be draftable after your senior year, you probably should have gone back to school anyways and gotten your degree. i know it's a lot of money, but most of these draft picks spend their salary/signing bonus quicker than they earn it, only to be broke and sans degree a couple years later. granted, i know their are a lot of success stories, but i would be willing to bet there are a lot more stories of people struggling vs the latter.