Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe umass also brought in Mitchell’s HS coach and at least one teammate. It’s the latest craze.
That is a slippery slope for sure. Didn't realize it was that bad. Given this news glad we passed.

Its pretty sad that we are actually down to hoping we land a non rated kid from the Netherlands to fill a wide open position at the team that leads the country in attendance, has a HOF coach and top 10 brand. Its now two years in a row that we cant land any talent at the 4 or 5 spot. Why?
Its pathetic.

Don't worry -- you will absolutely hear on here that the only reason this kid wasn't ranked as one of the top 20-30 recruits in the nation is because he is from the Netherlands and that he is as elite as they come.

Seikaly
Duany
Fab Melo
Canadian Pipeline
Janulis
Ovcina
Ongenaet
Keita
Chukwu
Dolezaj
Sidibe

Let's not put Chukwu/Sidibe anywhere near a list that includes Rony and Kueth lol.

Edwards is an upside late fill. This is a strong play by staff with bad cards. I like it. Should get good news here.

This is hilarious. Why do you believe they have such bad cards?

Here's my initial thought: They swung and missed on about 95 other options (give or take), even with the ability to tote immediate playing time to anyone that wanted it.

They're in a bad spot, I totally agree. But they have nobody to blame but themselves.

Seikaly
Duany
Fab Melo
Canadian Pipeline
Janulis
Ovcina
Ongenaet
Keita
Chukwu
Dolezaj
Sidibe

Minus Dolezaj & Seikaly (which may as well not count), all those guys played in in the states.

Just watched the scrimmage. Edwards is a muuuuch smoother athlete than any 5 on our roster.

Not much of a shot blocker, but he battled that 7-3 Canadian kid pretty well.

Good ball handler / hands for his size. Looks comfortable with his back to the basket, not really a threat facing the basket.

Kinda reminds me of a young Rak. He would be undersized if pressed into action immediately .

Like his upside, not sure he can help next year unless he gains 15lbs over summer.

Smits is a better option for immediate help, but I’m not sure we’re a player for him.

I like Edwards though.

Just watched the scrimmage. Edwards is a muuuuch smoother athlete than any 5 on our roster.

Good ball handler / hands for his size. Looks comfortable with his back to the basket, not really a threat facing the basket.

Kinda reminds me of a young Rak. He would be undersized if pressed into action immediately .

Like his upside, not sure he can help next year unless he gains 15lbs over summer.

Smits is a better option for immediate help, but I’m not sure we’re a player for him.

I like Edwards though.

Agreed. Very impressive offensive skill set. Kid looks like a multi-year starter caliber prospect -- not a plan C, like some of the fanbase is complaining.

But I also agree 100% that he might not make a huge impact in year 1, so we're going to have to be patient.

I like Edwards though.
What scrimmage?

The IMG video.
I hope we get him but for Jim to be groveling for a kid who should be headed to Iona is ridiculous.

I hope we get him but for Jim to be groveling for a kid who should be headed to Iona is ridiculous.
tumblr_mwoyhvvtkx1ruqqm0o1_500.gif

I like the kid. I think he has potential and even if he redshirts or get spot minutes we will be reaping the rewards ala dolezaj for the 2-3 years after that.

Who do we prefer? Edwards, Smits, Sestina, somebody else? When I say we I mean the fans.
Smits. But Edwards has high upside down the road.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom