Class of 2019 - C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE | Page 11 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2019 C Jesse Edwards (NL/IMG) SIGNED WITH SYRACUSE

Status
Not open for further replies.
I know. More recent articles have debunked that, sounds like old information.

Not suggesting he's huge by any means, just not Marek / Damone Brown. 210 is a reasonable starting frame for an incoming frosh.

Thats good at least.

The question is will he be able to see meaningful minutes next year?

Don’t think I see it. Therefore, not real excited.

I think that is a fair question. And I think it is reasonable to expect that neither JBA nor Edwards would rectify our issues at 5 next year. Doesn't mean that they aren't quality "gets," long term.

Too bad we didn't land Osunnyi last year.

I think that is a fair question. And I think it is reasonable to expect that neither JBA nor Edwards would rectify our issues at 5 next year. Doesn't mean that they aren't quality "gets," long term.

Too bad we didn't land Osunnyi last year.

And people here were saying “so what” when we didn’t land him.

And people here were saying “so what” when we didn’t land him.

I know that he was 190 pounds, but you could just see from the film what a great fit he would have been.

Some kids can just play.

Too bad.

For the record, I felt the same way about Sidibe's potential, seeing his film. Hope he can recover from his injury setbacks, because I think he could be a terrific player if he rounds back into form. No sure thing, which is a shame.

Last edited:
I know that he was 190 pounds, but you could just see from the film what a great fit he would have been.

Some kids can just play.

Too bad.

For the record, I felt the same way about Sidibe's potential, seeing his film. Hope he can recover from his injury setbacks, because I think he could be a terrific player if he rounds back into form. No sure thing, which is a shame.

Saw him live at Jordan Brand Classic Regional Game in Brooklyn and was very excited. Also saw Lydon there and was equally as excited...

Its pretty sad that we are actually down to hoping we land a non rated kid from the Netherlands to fill a wide open position at the team that leads the country in attendance, has a HOF coach and top 10 brand. Its now two years in a row that we cant land any talent at the 4 or 5 spot. Why?
Its pathetic.

While I would like to agree with you on all points (we do have the attendance), living outside of the bubble disrupts several of our advantages. If you watch Cuse via broadcast, a 30,000+ crowd sounds muted. While JB was a powerhouse nationally for a LONG time, currently he's not. Top 10 brand is five years removed. Villanova has surpassed us in other areas of the country as being a northeast powerhouse.

Last edited:
Im not sure. Missing out on game day was really bad luck. Would have helped get us back in the spotlight. To think that with Hop as our coach we would have Quade and Stewart makes me sick. Instead we are losing kids to tbe Bonnies and Umass, fighting Creighton and GT which is under investigation for D level recruits.
This reminds me of when SU football was up against Akron for recruits.
We can put any shade of orange lipstick on the pig but the truth is we are heading in the wrong direction. I just hope that Jim retires before he ruins what he has spent 40 years building.

Losing OO and Mitchell is more of a case of our drop in our perception of a powerhouse (which is ultimately on JB). We offered both guys at the eleventh hour - thats the problem. If we get Edwards, hopefully he is a diamond (and I hope he is).

I know. More recent articles have debunked that, sounds like old information.

Not suggesting he's huge by any means, just not Marek / Damone Brown. 210 is a reasonable starting frame for an incoming frosh.
This was brought up earlier in the thread. Apparently, he's gained at least 10 pounds since January. Maybe 215 now. Interesting. At least he shows an ability to gain weight, unlike Marek.

If he can catch the ball when passed too I'll be happy and if he can actually do something good with it when he does...I'll be thrilled.

I have to admit I am getting sick of seeing 5's and 4's with the waists of a super model. What is this teams strength and conditioning coach like because it doesn't always have to be about eating a a bunch of sammiches.

According to this board, Buddy was a project who wouldn't contribute until maybe his Jr season. Jalen Carey could possibly be 1 and done. Marek was option F who was was too skinny. Hardly anyone here has seen much footage of this recruit and some act like they know more than the coaches about him. I don't know if this kid will pick Syracuse or not, but if the coaches offered him, they must think he can help them. And if he comes to the Cuse, give him a chance and hope he surprises like Buddy and Marek.

Its pretty sad that we are actually down to hoping we land a non rated kid from the Netherlands to fill a wide open position at the team that leads the country in attendance, has a HOF coach and top 10 brand. Its now two years in a row that we cant land any talent at the 4 or 5 spot. Why?
Its pathetic.

You must be a laugh riot at parties. :oops:

Losing OO and Mitchell is more of a case of our drop in our perception of a powerhouse (which is ultimately on JB). We offered both guys at the eleventh hour - thats the problem. If we get Edwards, hopefully he is a diamond (and I hope he is).

You are 144% incorrect.

But don’t let that get in the way of your #narrative. :rolleyes:

OO had a HS coach hired there at the same time he committed.
Coincidence?

Mitchell’s recruitment is shady as hell.
On multiple levels.
Why do you think he ended up at UMass, and that all the local P5’s gave him a hard pass?

Syracuse has 2 strikes w the NCAA (as much as both are trumped up BS that pales in comparison to stuff that went down at: Duke, UNC, UK, KU, Zona, LSU, Llvll, the list goes on and on...) -
so we can’t even remotely consider wading into the gray area with those kind of recruits.
Period. End of story.

And yes - it’s a competitive disadvantage.

You are 144% incorrect.

But don’t let that get in the way of your #narrative. :rolleyes:

OO had a HS coach hired there at the same time he committed.
Coincidence?

Mitchell’s recruitment is shady as hell.
On multiple levels.
Why do you think he ended up at UMass, and that all the local P5’s gave him a hard pass?

Syracuse has 2 strikes w the NCAA (as much as both are trumped up BS that pales in comparison to stuff that went down at: Duke, UNC, UK, KU, Zona, LSU, Llvll, the list goes on and on...) -
so we can’t even remotely consider wading into the gray area with those kind of recruits.
Period. End of story.

And yes - it’s a competitive disadvantage.

I believe umass also brought in Mitchell’s HS coach and at least one teammate. It’s the latest craze.

Who do we prefer? Edwards, Smits, Sestina, somebody else? When I say we I mean the fans.

Status
Not open for further replies.