Class of 2020 - C Makur Maker to Howard | Page 6 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2020 C Makur Maker to Howard

Just for the sake of argument on this dreary covid day - Sometimes it is better to be a big fish in a little pond, and sometimes it is better not to be exposed, for eg. basement Joe Biden. Did it hurt Foyle to go to Colgate instead of Cuse? Too many unknowns to state definitively that going to Howard for a year or 2 would have any detrimental effect.

Your listing Foyle from Colgate over 20 years ago as an example? Sure there are guys who get drafted from lesser schools and overseas. I am not disputing that if you can play the NBA will find you. But what i am saying is that if my main goal is to make it to the NBA, then UK gives me a better chance of that then at Howard. Thats all im saying.

Knowing a little a about orthopedics and sports medicine I'm pretty sure the discrepancy in care between programs at the division one level is not that great.

Mayb thats true, but i tend to lean to the side that UK has more to offer the HU. They have way more resources devoted to mens Bball than HU does. The training equipment, practice facilties, coaching etc are much better at UK compared to HU. And IMO if my main goal in life was to make it to the NBA i would choose the place that is going to put me in the best possible situation for that.

Last edited:
tenor.gif
No, but i do not think they have the same sort of medical facilities or rehab faculties that a UK would have.

I'll take your advice on it. It's also a school in a big city with a strong alumni base so a kid will be taken care of.

But are you also saying SU selling an NBA type facility for training, rehab, etc doesn't really amount to much.

This is basically the comparison i was trying to make. Thank you.

Hopefully by the time Makur declares for the draft he still has at least one functional extremity

Just for the sake of argument on this dreary covid day - Sometimes it is better to be a big fish in a little pond, and sometimes it is better not to be exposed, for eg. basement Joe Biden. Did it hurt Foyle to go to Colgate instead of Cuse? Too many unknowns to state definitively that going to Howard for a year or 2 would have any detrimental effect.
I'm confused by your analogy. It doesn't make any sense. Joe Biden has been in politics for over 40 years. Everybody knows what he is all about. How does this relate to Makur Maker going to a lower level school? And why are you bringing politics to the recruiting board?

Mayb thats true, but i tend to lean to the side that UK has more to offer the HU. They have way more resources devoted to mens Bball than HU does. The training equipment, practice facilties, coaching etc are much better at UK compared to HU. And IMO if my main goal in life was to make it to the NBA i would choose the place that is going to put me in the best possible situation for that.

I hear what you're saying and agree the argument tilts in your favor if his was main goal in life is to go to the NBA but the guy chose HU because theres more to life than basketball.

Joe is being shielded to hide his weaknesses. Facing lower competition is a way to hide weaknesses. Howard is lesser competition. If Makur has weaknesses they are less likely to be exposed at Howard. Therefore, playing at Howard is not necessarily harmful to his career. there are too many unknown factors to conclude that playing at Howard will hurt his career.

He already built his brand. There's 5 pages on him and he never even considered SU. Wait until Mikey Williams and others follow him...

Pump the breaks there, pal.

Would be SHOCKED if we see more than 1 per year go the non-high major route.

I'm confused by your analogy. It doesn't make any sense. Joe Biden has been in politics for over 40 years. Everybody knows what he is all about. How does this relate to Makur Maker going to a lower level school? And why are you bringing politics to the recruiting board?
(BTW, I really do not know what Joe is all about, nobody knows. He has a reputation as a moderate but he recently announced that he has the most progressive agenda in history and his advisors are anything but moderate.)

Pump the breaks there, pal.

Would be SHOCKED if we see more than 1 per year go the non-high major route.
I'm not your pal, buddy. And prepare to be shocked then.

In the next 3 years, if more than a handful (5) Top 25 guys go to non Top 50 schools, talk to me.

And no, a typical Massachusetts bro will never be my pal, buddy.

I hear what you're saying and agree the argument tilts in your favor if his was main goal in life is to go to the NBA but the guy chose HU because theres more to life than basketball.
Thats fair. And more power to him, he made a decision for himself and what he wanted.

In the next 3 years, if more than a handful (5) Top 25 guys go to non Top 50 schools, talk to me.

And no, a typical Massachusetts bro will never be my pal, buddy.

Again, at the end of the day, there have been guys that went places that were different.

I am not convinced there is a huge swell of these commitments coming. A few more than normal? Probably. But to me, that isn't going to change the landscape of college basketball very much at all.

I'm still preparing to be shocked, bud.

0 HBCU teams have commits from Top 100 recruits this year.

Howard lost four in a row to start their season, got a win and them cancelled the rest. I wonder if Makur regrets his decision?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom