Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 86 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

Reading your comments from yesterday, do you anticipate making a decision after that tournament? Or are you still thinking that through?

“I’m thinking about trying to make it soon, but I’m just taking it day by day. My mom and I are talking over it and once we’re in agreement on everything, that’s when everybody else will know. It shouldn’t be too long.”
http://www.insidethehall.com/2015/03/31/q-a-thomas-bryant-at-mcdonalds-all-american-media-day/

Bring him home Mom!

That kind of makes me want to throw up.
Here goes another one. Melo Trimble said after his Junior season that SU was his dream school. We ended up never recruiting him.
TB Emotional2.jpg

The Indiana fan base is so hard for this kid they are going to collectively pop in their shorts if he says they are recruiting him the hardest one more time. Will make it all the more fun when he says he'll be taking his talents to the Carrier Dome.

The Indiana fan base is so hard for this kid they are going to collectively pop in their shorts if he says they are recruiting him the hardest one more time. Will make it all the more fun when he says he'll be taking his talents to the Carrier Dome.
It's kind of funny that some people think "recruiting the hardest" and "favorite"are the same thing. And this whole thing on syracuse not having a scholly available, Hop called mom Bryant recently and said there would be a scholly available for him. But somehow that gets bypassed.

has SU officially submitted their written appeal? I think that will give us a better indication of where this is headed

Agreed. The provision is clear.
Not so clear: the school must provide dated documents proving that all financial aid agreements had been finalized before the penalty was levied.

This bugged me all year watching poor Joseph struggle seemingly in every aspect of the game. Did you ever get to see Trimble play? Impressions back then and now?
I thought Trimble was real solid back in HS. People would make Ennis comparisons, but he was always a better shooter and driver than Ennis. He's not really explosive or super fast, and I could see a lot of coaches viewing him as the type that does several things well but nothing great at that time. Which is why I think schools like SU and others maybe didn't go out of their way to make him a priority. Besides his own inner circle, I don't think too many expected him to be this good so early in college. Joseph was a consensus top 50 PG and had displayed plenty of talents and upside in HS. I gotta imagine that it really caught the staff off guard with how much he struggled throughout the whole season.

I thought Trimble was real solid back in HS. People would make Ennis comparisons, but he was always a better shooter and driver than Ennis. He's not really explosive or super fast, and I could see a lot of coaches viewing him as the type that does several things well but nothing great at that time. Which is why I think schools like SU and others maybe didn't go out of their way to make him a priority. Besides his own inner circle, I don't think too many expected him to be this good so early in college. Joseph was a consensus top 50 PG and had displayed plenty of talents and upside in HS. I gotta imagine that it really caught the staff off guard with how much he struggled throughout the whole season.

Could it also have had something to do with playing time? I don't think Ennis nor SU staff foresaw him being a one and done. I know when a kid is recruited some want immediate playing time while others are more willing to wait and learn. I assume (could be my bad) that Trimble and Joseph would have considered and made their decisions based on Ennis playing ahead of them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom