Class of 2015 - C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana | Page 87 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 C/PF Thomas Bryant (NY) Verballed to Indiana

This bugged me all year watching poor Joseph struggle seemingly in every aspect of the game. Did you ever get to see Trimble play? Impressions back then and now?

If you look at the record KJ2's numbers were about as good as Triche or Rautins as freshmen. And they had better supporting players. I think KJ2 will evolve to be a tremendous player. He just had a case of freshmen-itus. We Orange fans were spoiled by how well TE played.

http://www.orangehoops.org/

I think our chances of getting Bryant are pretty good at this point. He definitely would get lots of playing time right off the bat.

Not so clear: the school must provide dated documents proving that all financial aid agreements had been finalized before the penalty was levied.

Right. And as things stand with the roster today, they'll be able to demonstrate based upon that criteria that financial aid agreements had been finalized for 11 players entering the 2015-2016 season prior to the sanctions being levied. Therefore, we qualify to defer.

And with two open spots on the roster, we can do whatever we want with them--provided we get down to 10 by the following season. Bryant doesn't factor into the former, possibly the latter.

Could it also have had something to do with playing time? I don't think Ennis nor SU staff foresaw him being a one and done. I know when a kid is recruited some want immediate playing time while others are more willing to wait and learn. I assume (could be my bad) that Trimble and Joseph would have considered and made their decisions based on Ennis playing ahead of them.
Ennis and the playing time factor could have something to do with certain situations, but watching the tourney I've noticed that plenty of teams have so many quality options with ball handlers that it makes me jealous and sad looking at our current situation. Louisville for example can always load up on four guards or so every season that can create with rock. At SU we're looking at three seasons in a row where we'll basically have only one player that we can trust in isolation. I remember not too long ago when we had guys like Scoop, Dion, Triche, and MCW all on the same team.:(

Right. And as things stand with the roster today, they'll be able to demonstrate based upon that criteria that financial aid agreements had been finalized for 11 players entering the 2015-2016 season prior to the sanctions being levied. Therefore, we qualify to defer.

And with two open spots on the roster, we can do whatever we want with them--provided we get down to 10 by the following season. Bryant doesn't factor into the former, possibly the latter.
Is that true? If so, I hope we look at a grad transfer, preferably a big guy or PG.

Is that true? If so, I hope we look at a grad transfer, preferably a big guy or PG.

If we could apply one of both of those open scholarships to the 12 reduction penalty, I'm sure that the coaching staff would consider doing so to provide future relief. But from how the rule reads, it sounds like that is not going to be something that the NCAA allows. Therefore, it comes down to a dichotomy--we are either at 10 next season, or we're not due to committable scholarships that have already been executed. That's the situation we're in. So we qualify to defer it.

Given that, what can the NCAA do to prevent us from taking anybody with our two open vacancies? If they step in and say we can't, that is like imposing an after the fact penalty ON TOP OF what we've already been socked with. Especially if they won't let us apply the two open spots to our existing penalty.

Would love to see us add a grad transfer--not sure that there's one out there that would fit our system, but I'd be down.

If we could apply one of both of those open scholarships to the 12 reduction penalty, I'm sure that the coaching staff would consider doing so to provide future relief. But from how the rule reads, it sounds like that is not going to be something that the NCAA allows. Therefore, it comes down to a dichotomy--we are either at 10 next season, or we're not due to committable scholarships that have already been executed. That's the situation we're in. So we qualify to defer it.

Given that, what can the NCAA do to prevent us from taking anybody with our two open vacancies? If they step in and say we can't, that is like imposing an after the fact penalty ON TOP OF what we've already been socked with. Especially if they won't let us apply the two open spots to our existing penalty.

Would love to see us add a grad transfer--not sure that there's one out there that would fit our system, but I'd be down.

Screw the system. Get someone who can put the ball through the hoop.

Mali's recruitment and friendship might be a deciding factor in Bryant's decision. richardson was also recruited by IU as much if not more than Bryant. Maybe he will fill in Bryant on why he chose Cuse over IU, he has at least equal if not more NBA money riding on his college decision. But that goes back to my usual line of thinking that it doesn't matter where you go to college, if you are good you'll be in the NBA .
image.jpg

Last edited:
Id like to thank the Governor of Indiana for passing the new law that is causing so much controversy in Indiana . This huge black eye that is causing a lot of people to boycott your state is helpful for us in the recruitment of TB. You the man Governor. He gone!

Peace and chicken grease!

Public FB status:
C-Mac: Goin Pro
Bryant: Big Tom will be playing for Little Tom-Creamy
Battle: Going Blue! Devil or Grass?

C-Mac/Bryant/Battle Private FB page:
Chris: April Fouls on all them crazy obsessed SU fans!
Battle: They flippin!
Bryant: LMAO!

Syracuse Basketball (@syracusebball) tweeted at 0:46 PM on Wed, Apr 01, 2015:
Scary thought: CM5 declares for the draft, Bryant signs elsewhere, and Battle turns into a longshot. That's what we're looking at right now.
()

Get the official Twitter app at https://twitter.com/download

Let me guess. Their source is Syracusefan.com.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom