Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 15 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

Taking 3-year projects is fine if we are rolling in high gear targeting immediate impact players in the offseason. But we’re not.

We need a staff + NIL that can go out and get 3-4 high quality ready-to-go players every year. 1 top 25 kid, 2 top 50 kids, 1 top 100 underrated kid. We used to do that, or come very close to it during our best years WITHOUT the portal so this is not a pipe dream especially when you factor the transfer market.

If we do that then yeah go ahead and fill the 13th spot with Ajak 2.0.
What instant impact freshman or transfer did we turn down to take this kid ? I’ll hang up and listen.

And always injured. Great omen
Not necessarily. I wonder if it might be Osgood-Schlatter disease, which I believe occurs in instances of fast, large, growth spurts. (Medical folks feel free to correct me.)
The point is it seems to be a fixable “ condition”, not injuries.

If Mintz is back, fine.

If not, then we’re going to need someone better as the starter. IMO.
I am sure the sales pitch was he starts as a sophomore. With consistent minutes, he’ll be fine as a sophomore, really good as a Jr/Sr.

Not necessarily. I wonder if it might be Osgood-Schlatter disease, which I believe occurs in instances of fast, large, growth spurts. (Medical folks feel free to correct me.)
Nope. Injuries. Partial tear of the patella tendon 2x

JB has 12 players on scholarship this year. Had 11 last year. Had 12 the year before.

That does not count walk ons who sometimes get an open scholarship as their reward for being the best walk on.

With the portal and immediate transfers, the game has changed. This puts a premium on filling out your roster as fully as possible to protect against possible massive losses. It is a different world.

Your eleven number is wrong.. Period.
Par for the course.

Osgood Schlatter is related to a child’s growth and goes away/ is much more tolerable with weight training. Any adult knee tendon pain due to overuse is most likely tendonitis or tendon pathology which is a little more tricky.

I confidently think it will be good. We shall see.
Yes we will. And we'll see if thats the route they go. Now that's a position you need a lot of scoring from. For reference, he has 3 games of double digits, however he has 10 appearances of a goose egg. Thats a huge jump to expect consistent double figure production. It's gonna be ugly.

JB has 12 players on scholarship this year. Had 11 last year. Had 12 the year before.

Your eleven number is wrong.. Period.

I guess I was conditioned by the sanctions.

No correlation whatsoever.

Then do we really need another center?

Even if Edwards leaves, Mounir Hima is a solid defensive center for half the rotation. JBA is still eligible.

Peter Carey should hopefully be ready for 5-10 minutes a game next year, and has more offense than the other 2 guys, although JBA is a pretty decent passer from the high post.

So, Patterson will be our 4th center unless JBA maybe transfers, but he seems to really like being here.

Why add another prospect? You need someone to play now. Hima could be like Jeremy McNeil, but we still need another guy to pair him with.

So if we have to hit the portal, that will be 5 centers if no one transfers (even with Edwards leaving). Is that too many?

Then do we really need another center?

Even if Edwards leaves, Mounir Hima is a solid defensive center for half the rotation. JBA is still eligible.

Peter Carey should hopefully be ready for 5-10 minutes a game next year, and has more offense than the other 2 guys, although JBA is a pretty decent passer from the high post.

So, he will be our 4th center unless JBA maybe transfers, but he seems to really like being here.

Why add another prospect? You need someone to play now. Hima could be like Jeremy McNeil, but we need another guy to pair him with.

So if we have to hit the portal, that will be 5 centers if no one transfers. Is that too many?
JBA is a forward. Carey might be too.

JBA is a forward. Carey might be too.

They're both forwards in the Rick Jackson / J.B. Reafsnyder sense.
Neither of these guys is driving to the basket or making a 3 point shot.

JBA would probably understand the post defense better than anybody else next year. And Carey was used at center earlier this year.

Maybe he will be good. Maybe he won’t be. But we need better players that are better players immediately upon stepping on campus. Judah level. And need 2-3 to even be relevant again. We have zero, and likely lose 2 starters who, for whatever you think of their abilities and their warts, are 2 of our better players overall. Which means we really need 4-5 to be any good next year.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom