Class of 2023 - C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23) | Page 17 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2023 C William Patterson (NY) COMMITTED/SIGNED TO SYRACUSE (2/20/23)

The kid is a Newhouse student. Works for the DO. Works for the radio. You can question the commitment but you can’t say he’s trash and then tag the kid on twitter.

I'll give him the benefit of the doubt on the tag part and say that was accidental. There were like 10 accounts tagged, which happens when you're responding to tweets sometimes. Either way, it's still a bad look though, and the explanation was laughable unbelievable.

What can Syracuse fans expect from Patterson when he arrives this summer?

"These guys can expect a lot of energy," Patterson said. "If you guys give me the energy I need, I'll give you guys ten times the energy back on the court. You've just got to believe in me. Trust the process. Let's make something really big happen."

Yeah -- sounds like "trash." Great call, Nick.

People are waking up and getting angry. We're broaching get out the torches and pitchforks time.
In my opinion that was very unprofessional and inappropriate of the newhouse student.

Im upset with the state of recruiting but would never say a HS kid is trash or, even worse, insult him directly on twitter.

People can be angry, and then they can be dumb db’s.

I think Patterson’s got obvious upside and I love me some NY talent.

In my opinion that was very unprofessional and inappropriate of the newhouse student.

Im upset with the state of recruiting but would never say a HS kid is trash or, even worse, insult him directly on twitter.

People can be angry, and then they can be dumb db’s.

I think Patterson’s got obvious upside and I love me some NY talent.
Yes, I and most reasonable people would agree with you. Hence, the torches and pitchforks mob mentality reference.

That BH dude has tweeted about it like 10 times, including this morning. He's gotta let it go too. Luttrell behaved very unprofessionally and rudely and needs to own it (not "it was a joke/sarcasm", "sorry if you were offended", etc.) but there's no need to keep hammering a college student over it.

I'm sure Nick's editors and Pete Moore are having a few words with him if they haven't already.

That BH dude has tweeted about it like 10 times, including this morning. He's gotta let it go too. Luttie behaved very unprofessionally and rudely but there's no need to keep hammering a college student over it. I'm sure his editors and Pete Moore are having a few words with him if they haven't already.
BH is annoying. That’s a given.

BH is annoying. That’s a given.
Oh, is he the guy who used to post one-paragraph "previews" on a Blogspot page out of like 2003 deep into the 2010's? I forgot all about him.

The kid is a Newhouse student. Works for the DO. Works for the radio. You can question the commitment but you can’t say he’s trash and then tag the kid on twitter.
That is just unbelievable. Most embarrassing and inappropriate tweet from a journalist I’ve ever seen in my entire life. And the media wonders why it has a bad reputation these days. You can’t paint them all with one brush, but the outliers are becoming more and more prolific.

Is the "system" still in place or does the coach leave and "system" change
I would say it’s unknown, so they have no choice but to continue recruiting to the system.

That is just unbelievable. Most embarrassing and inappropriate tweet from a journalist I’ve ever seen in my entire life. And the media wonders why it has a bad reputation these days. You can’t paint them all with one brush, but the outliers are becoming more and more prolific.
Specifically for the sports media, with the transformation of Nick Wright as the latest example, everyone trying to be Skip and Stephen A. It sucks.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseGuy44

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom