Car Vandalism | Syracusefan.com

Car Vandalism

Orange46R

Walk On
Got back to my car after the game tonight and found the driver side window smashed. Someone had thrown a baseball sized marble through it which went straight through and also broke some of the interior of the passenger side door. The object was still on the floor of the car when I got there.

Nothing was taken - there wasn't anything in it besides a car seat, about $2.75 in change, some Purell and a box of tissues.

I park on S.McBride St between Burt St and Dr King School: map

Some would not consider this the greatest area but I have been parking here, along with hundreds of other people, for both football and basketball games the past 12+ years.

I was curious if any of you park down there and if so have you had any problems? This is the first problem I have ever had or even seen in the area.

I'll answer the question I know would be coming about why in hell anyone would park there:

1. It is free
2. It is extremely convenient for me coming in from Onondaga Hill. I left my home at 6:39 tonight and was in my seat for tipoff. After games I can sometimes get home while JB's presser is still going on and I never leave games early.
3. I enjoy the brisk/stiff uphill walk to the dome, and the refreshing downhill stroll after the games.
4. The S.McBride St neighborhood isn't that bad with a number of well kept homes and a constant police presence nearby before/during/after games.

Tonight I think someone just happened to be walking by with this big marble and decided to huck it at my window. Dumb luck I guess...anyone else ever unlucky in that area? I certainly hate to give up on it...

My mom's car got stolen from that area during a game about 15 years ago. We parked there for years and years with no problems before or after. Just luck of the draw.

A buddy of mine went to an Astro's game here in Houston about 10 years ago, parked on the street under US-59 near downtown H-Town (this is about a 16 lane freeway). Anyway, they come strolling out after the game to discover a line of pristine cars parked along the street with his right in the middle - burned to ashes by a Molotov Cocktail!! You got lucky with the big marble!

someone also broke into my car trunk tonite and stole my monkey...
trunk monkey to the rescue ,trunk monkey to the rescue
go trunk monkey press go!

I live in Albany and my passenger back seat window was broken into a few weeks back. It happened while at the gym at like 4pm on a freaking Tuesday. In broad daylight at a strip mall! Work computer was stolen. No trunk to hide it with an SUV.

Sucks. Good luck to you though, I feel your pain. I recommend taking it to a safelight glass repair as they are cheaper and insurance will likely riemburse it all. I took it to my dealership because it was new and they charged a ton more.

Sorry to hear that. Pretty unusual, I think - people get windows shattered when they leave a GPS (or even the mark of the suction cup from the GPS on the windshield) in plain sight. Don't usually hear of someone breaking a window for kicks. Darn shame.

Should probably let SPD know. Doubt anything will come of it, but they ought to be aware that that is happening in a neighborhood where a lot of people park.

Someone broke into my buddy's car when we were in school in baltimore. The guy took his change and his baseball glove, which made him furious. He still claims to this day he'd gladly pay the guy $200 to A) Not break his window and B) not take his baseball glove.

Someone broke into my buddy's car when we were in school in baltimore. The guy took his change and his baseball glove, which made him furious. He still claims to this day he'd gladly pay the guy $200 to A) Not break his window and B) not take his baseball glove.

"Bills, if you give this nimrod two hundred bucks, I'm gonna shoot him on general principle."

I'd rather hit the guy than pay him not to break my window (which he shouldn't do anyway).

Yeah, but he was in Baltimore. Car break ins are more common than bird poo on windshields.

"Bills, if you give this nimrod two hundred bucks, I'm gonna shoot him on general principle."

I'd rather hit the guy than pay him not to break my window (which he shouldn't do anyway).

Oh, I agree. We were commenting more on what a pain it is to replace a window (one of those little triangle windows on an old crown victoria) and break in a new glove. Plus, I suppose punching a guy on York Rd in baltimore could end very badly.

Oh, I agree. We were commenting more on what a pain it is to replace a window (one of those little triangle windows on an old crown victoria) and break in a new glove. Plus, I suppose punching a guy on York Rd in baltimore could end very badly.

Haha, good point.

That sucks about your car - not sure what people get out of doing crap like that.

But I'm forever an optimist - the good news is the Purell and tissues are still there, so you still have your drive 'n jerk options available after those exciting overtime thrillers.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom