Class of 2015 - CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas

My only concern with the FLA kids, hopefully the big three dont offer. Is booker t the high school coach and Mcdonald are best friends?

no that's N. Miami Beach.

that's part of doing business down there. you just have develop relationships and hope the kids stick. really nothing we can do about it.

Agree completely and I guess it's a good thing to have guys committed to us be in high demand by top tier programs. This scares the hell out of me too but so far Shafer and staff (McDonald especially) have done a great job with hanging onto some of these guys who commit without visiting (Hodge, Eduard, etc) due to the great foundation set up by them and their strong relationships to coaches/area.
I agree that we've done well but from what I've seen and read already this kid is going to explode. If that happens I'm not sure we can hold off a top tier SEC school.

I agree that we've done well but from what I've seen and read already this kid is going to explode. If that happens I'm not sure we can hold off a top tier SEC school.

1st world problems my man. Actually smiling that this may be an issue with our commits moving forward. Trying to play big boy football now. New ballgame on The Hill.

1st world problems my man. Actually smiling that this may be an issue with our commits moving forward. Trying to play big boy football now. New ballgame on The Hill.

well said... Still gonna hurt though, price we pay. Did you listen to the interview with Casullo on ESPNCNY. I thought he made a great point when he spoke of going after players that no one thinks would ever come to Syracuse. Mentioned Rob Konrad, Moore, Harrison, McNabb, and how Mac wanted each coach to at least target 3 players they didn't think they could get and try to bring them in. If that happened, all of a sudden you have 15-20 kids on the roster that set the bar for the team. More often than not, they won one or two of those battles and brought those kids in. Hopefully, GMAC, et al can do that too!

Lets just wait and see if the kid even gets these hypothetical offers before we go worrying too much.

no that's N. Miami Beach.

that's part of doing business down there. you just have develop relationships and hope the kids stick. really nothing we can do about it.

Actually he was friends with the former coach at Booker T. ...Ice Harris.. who as you know is now working at Miami. Who is the new guy at Booker T?

I guess BCS commits get automatic 2 stars.

It's annoying. I'd rather they just leave him as an NR until someone, if ever, actually does an analysis on him. The problem with Rivals doing things this way is that other media outlets report that he's a "2 star commit" is that it comes off that they actually did an assessment of him.

Actually he was friends with the former coach at Booker T. ...Ice Harris.. who as you know is now working at Miami. Who is the new guy at Booker T?

he is God Father of the NMB HC Bertrani's son. Tim Harris is the HC at Booker T I thought?

he is God Father of the NMB HC Bertrani's son. Tim Harris is the HC at Booker T I thought?

Too much anesthesia when you had your surgery. ;)

You must have forgotten the discussion between you, me and Whitey...

@BFeldmanCBS
Interesting SF recruiting news: Ice Harris - coach at powerhouse Booker T Washington HS just hired at #Miami as #Canes new asst dir of ops

I too am very worried about this early commit. However, I'll give McDonald the benefit of the doubt, the guy continues to shock and awe on the recruiting front.

1) I love Florida recruits. 2) I love CB recruits that are 6' 2". 3) Did I mention that I love Florida recruits?

I too am very worried about this early commit. However, I'll give McDonald the benefit of the doubt, the guy continues to shock and awe on the recruiting front.
This makes me laugh. Weren't people just complaining about our lack of early commitments? Now we're complaining that we have one that might be too good?

This makes me laugh. Weren't people just complaining about our lack of early commitments? Now we're complaining that we have one that might be too good?

I was not one of those people

The recruiting guys are expecting that he will get more offers. I mean, he didn't even announce his commitment via twitter. That says something...we'll see, though

There are kids the big 3 know they can offer at any time, who knows if he's one of them. Don't care. This kid committed to MacDonald.

I have the utmost trust in McDonald that he can reel in the big boys, the issue is when the kid committed before visiting campus and was injured and played for a different school last year. Mario Cristobal (Bama) has already been speaking with him. This kid blows up during the season before he visits, and we're going to have to essentially kidnap this kid to make sure he gets up here and is solid. I have my fingers crossed.

Great get I hope we can hang onto him. Watching his tape he looks primed for a big break out season.

Too much anesthesia when you had your surgery. ;)

You must have forgotten the discussion between you, me and Whitey...

@BFeldmanCBS
Interesting SF recruiting news: Ice Harris - coach at powerhouse Booker T Washington HS just hired at #Miami as #Canes new asst dir of ops

long term memory is going. i saw an article with Harris commenting on him and assumed he was still there.

long term memory is going. i saw an article with Harris commenting on him and assumed he was still there.

No..it's the short term memory that's first to go.;)

after reading this thread i don't know whether to be excited or depressed by this commitment. :noidea:

Well you want my two cents. I don't get this kid at all. There were a few congratulatory tweets in his twitter from Cuse folks but those have since disappeared. There was a retweet of the Scowt story but that is also now gone. Reading his twitter I would never know that he committed.

This tweet doesn't show up there either...

DdoubleU‏@D_Wa1ker 23m
@SaluteMe_103 congrats On The Syracuse Could Be Future Teammates and get ready This Season When y'all Come up to jersey Hahahaha!

Well you want my two cents. I don't get this kid at all. There were a few congratulatory tweets in his twitter from Cuse folks but those have since disappeared. There was a retweet of the Scowt story but that is also now gone. Reading his twitter I would never know that he committed.

This tweet doesn't show up there either...

DdoubleU‏@D_Wa1ker 23m
@SaluteMe_103 congrats On The Syracuse Could Be Future Teammates and get ready This Season When y'all Come up to jersey Hahahaha!

a lot of people have it set up where they have to confirm tweets to show up on their TL. it could be as much as he isn't home from school yet, or maybe he wanted to let some family know before hand? the tweets disappearing was kind of weird, but don't think it's that big of a deal. his coach confirmed his commitment.