Class of 2015 - CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas | Page 4 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas

I agree. Im not doubting our staff. I know McDonald is a stud recruiter but I don't see DD signing with us in February. I have to have that in my mind so I don't get upset every time I hear him camping or visiting somewhere, lol. If we are able to hold on. Then its icing on the cake.

It's a very long time until 2/2015 and lots of things can occur before then. Might as well just sit back and see what happens. Besides I always feel that a kid needs to visit first before I will even consider the deal half way sealed.

I agree. Im not doubting our staff. I know McDonald is a stud recruiter but I don't see DD signing with us in February. I have to that in my mind so I don't get upset every time I hear him camping or visiting somewhere, lol. If we are able to hold on. Then its icing on the cake.

Money did Coach Bullough visit out your way last week? Any prospects?

I agree. Im not doubting our staff. I know McDonald is a stud recruiter but I don't see DD signing with us in February. I have to have that in my mind so I don't get upset every time I hear him camping or visiting somewhere, lol. If we are able to hold on. Then its icing on the cake.
Next

this kid is just taking off as far as getting noticed. Holding on to him will be quite the challenge. These are the type of kids we have to get lets hope he is loyal kid!

Shaf on the 0600 flight to ATL this am not sure if it means anything

Aerial surveillance...

BnbsZMtCQAEzphm.jpg:large

This kid and his handlers know he is going to take off but he he still committed to MacDonald. It's not like he had to comit to keep a seat reserve, he had other options. I think we'll hang on and would be a tad surprised if the kid flipped on GMC with the way he bonds and recruits on character, ties and loyalty with his contacts.

This kid and his handlers know he is going to take off but he he still committed to MacDonald. It's not like he had to comit to keep a seat reserve, he had other options. I think we'll hang on and would be a tad surprised if the kid flipped on GMC with the way he bonds and recruits on character, ties and loyalty with his contacts.
I hope you're right...fingers crossed.

I think it's possible that GMC is such a good recruiter, the kid committed and didn't even realize it - some kind of recruiting jedi mind trick

He uses Inception on his visits. Kids wake up from a nap and commit immediately.

It is definitely a good sign he didn't decommit yet. The kid will definitely listen to other schools, and probably visit, but I have faith in the bonds McDonald builds with the kids. This definitely going to be a battle though.

Good point about GM and the bond he forms, certainly gives us a better shot at keeping him. Fingers and toes crossed!

tumblr_muavb6E5Lu1soqgbqo1_500.gif

@DemetricDWarren · 2m
#SouthCarolina offers 2015 #Syracuse commit CB Davante Davis (Booker T Washington HS, FL) @SaluteMe_103 @VarsityPreps @SouthRecruit1

Let's hear some guesses. How many days/weeks until he decommits?

If our coaches were as weak as our fan base than we would never challenge for a championship again. Glad they aren't. You wanna play big boy football you better be ready to go to battle with the big boys.

Btw, as long as we have a decent season this year (7 or 8 wins) my guess on timing of decommitment is never.

can we split this thread in two? the glass half full thread and the glass half empty thread.

Please put me in the glass is half-full and getting fuller side. What the GROB years did to our fanbase is scary. Act like we don't have a seat at the table anymore just because we missed a few Thanksgiving dinners. Why does everyone cower at the sight of other schools on our recruits. I welcome it. Isn't this what the fans have been clamoring for the past 10 years. Come on boys and girls, strap it on and go get it.

If our coaches were as weak as our fan base than we would never challenge for a championship again. Glad they aren't. You wanna play big boy football you better be ready to go to battle with the big boys.

Btw, as long as we have a decent season this year (7 or 8 wins) my guess on timing of decommitment is never.
286100%257EPortrait-of-Baby-Crying-Posters-713652.jpg

Does anyone else think DD committed to get more attention? He started blowing up right after he verbaled. He might have did to wake up all the schools who were sleeping. I think they woke up. IMO McDonald might have figured it will be hard to keep him. DD's verbal might have caught the attention of other florida prospects who are stalling on SU. And now SU becomes more attractive to them. Just my thought, I have no inside info