Class of 2015 - CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas | Page 3 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Davante Davis (FL) Verbal to Texas

a lot of people have it set up where they have to confirm tweets to show up on their TL. it could be as much as he isn't home from school yet, or maybe he wanted to let some family know before hand? the tweets disappearing was kind of weird, but don't think it's that big of a deal. his coach confirmed his commitment.

I guess I would just like to see a little more enthusiasm, excitement, celebration of the commitment.

Davis (as well as Gerald Robinson) participated in the Miami NIKE combine this spring but I've yet to find any numbers on them.

Released yesterday the Miami Herald's top 25 list for Miami-Dade class of 2015 has:

#8. Davante Davis, DB/WR, 6-2, 180, Miami Booker T. Washington

#11. Gerald Robinson, DB, 5-11, 175, Hialeah Champagnat Catholic

Pretty killer start to the class.

http://miamiherald.typepad.com/hssp...e-class-of-2015-top-25-football-recruits.html

Was Ishmael a top 10 Miami-Dade kid? Would be sweet to real in 2/3 kids in the Dade top 10 over 2 seasons.

I guess I would just like to see a little more enthusiasm, excitement, celebration of the commitment.

He can also be the anti Chris Clark. I know it's hard to believe, but not every kid needs the spotlight. I know one of his coaches said he is a very humble kid, and doesn't like the spotlight.

He can also be the anti Chris Clark. I know it's hard to believe, but not every kid needs the spotlight. I know one of his coaches said he is a very humble kid, and doesn't like the spotlight.
Look at Adly Enoicy, he didn't announce on twitter either.

However, if he did retweet a bunch of stuff and then take it down i'm slightly concerned

Look at Adly Enoicy, he didn't announce on twitter either.

However, if he did retweet a bunch of stuff and then take it down i'm slightly concerned

ya that was pretty strange. my thoughts were maybe he didn't tell family members yet and didn't want them to find out from anyone else, and hasn't been on since?

Well I am not quite senile... yet. I saw the retweets and when I went back to his twitter they were all gone.

I’m usually cautious but I don’t think GMac would’ve walked out of that meeting and tweeted BOOM if it wasn’t legit.

Look if we ever want to get back to Ben's best days, and Mac's best days we have to recruit the kids the Big Boys want , and win some of those battles. Everyone keeps saying we aren't up with the Florida St, Clemson, Penn St, and others, well you need to reel in big time recruits, and win games. That seems to be the approach Scott has set for his staff, lets go out and win some battles.

Look if we ever want to get back to Ben's best days, and Mac's best days we have to recruit the kids the Big Boys want , and win some of those battles. Everyone keeps saying we aren't up with the Florida St, Clemson, Penn St, and others, well you need to reel in big time recruits, and win games. That seems to be the approach Scott has set for his staff, lets go out and win some battles.
No one's saying we shouldn't do this. The issue is we just landed a big fish that's about to blow up and while he's committed, once the sharks start circling, we're going to be fighting them off for the next 9 months. And he hasn't even visited.

I’m usually cautious but I don’t think GMac would’ve walked out of that meeting and tweeted BOOM if it wasn’t legit.
I don't think the concern is so much that GMac was confused or unclear or there was a misunderstanding in the commitment. As CuseLegacy says, Davis did a bunch of activity on twitter in the immediate aftermath. The concern is that he has quickly changed his mind, and as a result took the twitter stuff down. There are plenty of innocent explanations for that, but it is definitely odd and concerning.

I don't think the concern is so much that GMac was confused or unclear or there was a misunderstanding in the commitment. As CuseLegacy says, Davis did a bunch of activity on twitter in the immediate aftermath. The concern is that he has quickly changed his mind, and as a result took the twitter stuff down. There are plenty of innocent explanations for that, but it is definitely odd and concerning.

Could be a small reason why OCGM was riled up with Axe comment...just sayin.

Could be a small reason why OCGM was riled up with Axe comment...just sayin.

what was the Axe comment?

imo we are over reacting a bit. Both the kid and his coach did a lengthy interview after he committed. I really don't think there is anything to it. Plenty of explainations, and he has yet to be back on twitter since.

Ano is right. It could just be that his parents want him to stay humble or not to be influenced by or have discussions with crazy twitterers. There is a very long way to go until Feb. 2015 for everyone. Let's just leave it in the good hands of the coaches.

Ano is right. It could just be that his parents want him to stay humble or not to be influenced by or have discussions with crazy twitterers. There is a very long way to go until Feb. 2015 for everyone. Let's just leave it in the good hands of the coaches.

Twitter Wizard and the Voice of Reason

A commonsense post, more posters should be like that, its more fun to be going after the Big Fish then being satisfied with minnows.

I understand what the concern is but why does everybody automatically jump to the negative conclusion?

what was the Axe comment?

imo we are over reacting a bit. Both the kid and his coach did a lengthy interview after he committed. I really don't think there is anything to it. Plenty of explainations, and he has yet to be back on twitter since.

It was that McDonald and White should school recruits in the correct name of the University. Stupid tweet. Then since it was out on the internet I think McDonald felt he had to defend the kids and responded saying that Axe had to find something negative to tweet about.

Davante Davis‏@SaluteMe_103 35m
UCF offered
1f64f.png

He announces all of his new offers but didnt even announce his commitment. He must have used the commitment to apply pressure on other schools. I feel used haha

I try to be an optimistic guy but I don't think this kid will be sticking with us for long, if he is truly even sticking with us now!