Class of 2015 - CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU | Page 9 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2015 CB Gerald Robinson (FL) Verbal to FAU

what will be fun (or funny) to watch is to see if any of his kids follow him to his new job. If he latches on with a half way decent SEC team I doubt the team will even offer any of his current recruits. He went from Miami to Arkansas to Syracuse. Would any of his current kids get offered if he moved to a team of that level. doubtful.

And if they do follow him, what will they do when he leaves after a year or two? Transfer, sit out a year, repeat the following year?

Matt Schneidman ‏@matt_schneidman
Recent SU football decommit Gerald Robinson tells me Syracuse was only giving him one call a month as of late.

Robinson: "This decision is not based on Coach McDonald." Added that he and his family just want to weigh options and make best decision.

Robinson on if recent decommits and SU's 3-6 record factored into his choice : "If that was the case, SU wouldn't be in the mix no more."

Hard to blame the kid for evaluating options if that's the case.

What I find hilarious is the half the board is like ... who has McD recruited ... who has he brought in ... well ladies and gentlemen I present exhibit A.

Actually, Ishmael is Exhibit A, and Estime, Edouard, Cordy and Dowels are Exhibit B. Exhibits C,D - ? are Grimes, Robinson, and probably Spence and whoever else decommits from Florida this cycle.

Its evident to me that those that attacked his ability to recruit either don't follow recruiting, don't understand the dynamics of recruiting in Florida or they are so blinded by their dislike for MCD that they were willing to disparage him no matter the evidence to the contrary.

He was one of the best recruiters on the staff and our biggest player in Florida. Losing him and his roots in that state will never be measurable because of such a short tenure here but, without a doubt in my mind, its gonna hurt us short-term and that will continue to be felt.

Jamesvillecuse said:
no he is suppose to visit in January

As I suspected: another Florida kid who commits without seeing the school.

These commits are Fool's Gold.

no he is suppose to visit in January

Wrong, Check again.

BtuMlzVCMAIX4s7.jpg:large

OrangeXtreme, Jul 29, 2014 Edit Delete Report

What I find hilarious is the half the board is like ... who has McD recruited ... who has he brought in ... well ladies and gentlemen I present exhibit A.

In think half the board wonders who are all the big time blue chippers he's brought in. Steve Ishmael is that kid but little else. Certainly not enough to warrant big time recruiter title. Maybe given more time but I see other guys make bigger impacts at other schools of similar stature.

Hell Acosta has made as big if not bigger impact on the same staff

Last edited:
And before McDonald came along the staff (Shafer himself) recruited eskridge, desir, whigham, hodge, that's 4 current starters out of Florida. We managed before we'll manage after.

It only takes one good contact in Florida to get the ball rolling again.

I don't care who you hire, we aren't bringing in a lot of 4 star kids. Won't happen. Don't have location, facilities or crowd support at this point compared to most of the programs who land the majority of these kids. McDonald is was an elite recruiter it's the product being sold that is holding us back.

Between Lester and Eric White (if he has as much power as people think), that really is inexcusable.

I would be surprised if that is true though.

Or maybe the lack of contact is on purpose..

This staff has been excellent in keeping in contact with the kids they want..

Or maybe the lack of contact is on purpose..

This staff has been excellent in keeping in contact with the kids they want..

Trust me, the staff wants Robinson.

Trust me, the staff wants Robinson.

If what he says is true, no contact since September. Explain why then...

Maybe someone dropped the ball, but i'm not buying that. The commits have been bombarded with letters, calls and the magazine edits continuously. This staff stays on the kids they want.

Actually, Ishmael is Exhibit A, and Estime, Edouard, Cordy and Dowels are Exhibit B. Exhibits C,D - ? are Grimes, Robinson, and probably Spence and whoever else decommits from Florida this cycle.

Its evident to me that those that attacked his ability to recruit either don't follow recruiting, don't understand the dynamics of recruiting in Florida or they are so blinded by their dislike for MCD that they were willing to disparage him no matter the evidence to the contrary.

He was one of the best recruiters on the staff and our biggest player in Florida. Losing him and his roots in that state will never be measurable because of such a short tenure here but, without a doubt in my mind, its gonna hurt us short-term and that will continue to be felt.

You make it sound like those kids are some superstars. We were getting that type of South Florida talent before McDonald took over.