Class of 2024 - CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2024 CG Boogie Fland (NY) Offered

I wonder how schools like St. John’s, Seton Hall and UCONN feel as they’re even closer to Westchester?
It’s sad for St. John’s and Seton Hall too. Man, if only we could transport back to the ‘80’s. I hate UConn more than G’town but they’re at least getting some players with that clown Hurley. But, yeah, I SMH that we aren’t a factor in freakin Westchester.

I wonder how schools like St. John’s, Seton Hall and UCONN feel as they’re even closer to Westchester?
Well it looks as of right now it’s a 2 horse race between Kentucky and UConn, so I’d imagine ok?

Yeah, that’s the problem. They are. We aren’t. Dan Hurley kicking out butts. They may not land him, but we can’t get a sniff.

We will again. We just gotta start up the machine again. Recruiting is a thing that feeds on itself. We really have to start somewhere. Judah was a high level get. Many of the top players have relationships with each other and push each other. We need to start getting top 100 guys. There is zero reason we can't. If Hurley can do it at cowtown, then Red (or whoever) can do it here. Then it only takes an occasional high level snag to start the ouroboros (the snake feeding on its own tail). Hurley snagged a great class next year a few top 75 AND the #5 player in the class (Castle). From what my recruiting friend tells me, it is Castle who got Boogie interested in storrz and Castle hasn't even played a game for UConn yet.

This is a trying time around the program, but in a way an exciting time with the changes brewing, because I think we could actually be in these discussions again in short order. We really need to be.

Yeah, that’s the problem. They are. We aren’t. Dan Hurley kicking out butts. They may not land him, but we can’t get a sniff.
Our athletic department also isnt in debt like theirs but they run circles around us on the court and in recruiting because our program is being held hostage in limbo

Syracuse needs to hire a head coach that can land these types of players. None on current staff can do that.

Not that they've written about recently. I don't get why you as a staff can't go visit a kid in White
Plains, but I guess that's too far to go for talent. I get maybe not travelling to SoCal to recruit
Adams, but to not go to White Plains is lazy.

Kev

You have to give the devil his due, he is an excellent recruiter. A good bench coach? Maybe not, the jury is out there if they don't win a couple (or at very minimum; 1 ) in the NCAA's this year, that spoiled fan base will be melting down and calling for his head. .

I’ll tell you what would be a nice thing for Autry to do: get in the car, drive down to meet this kid, and put the best pitch you can possibly lay on him. Throw whatever NIL we have going for us in the mix.

I’m not saying they haven’t already tried and I’m not saying we can offer what Kentucky can offer, but there’s a new coach in town. “Come play for the ‘Cuse”.

It would set the stage. None of this getting our pocket pick-pocketed anymore. One can dream.

I’ll tell you what would be a nice thing for Autry to do: get in the car, drive down to meet this kid, and put the best pitch you can possibly lay on him. Throw whatever NIL we have going for us in the mix.

I’m not saying they haven’t already tried and I’m not saying we can offer what Kentucky can offer, but there’s a new coach in town. “Come play for the ‘Cuse”.

It would set the stage. None of this getting our pocket pick-pocketed anymore. One can dream.
Well said. Hey, Boogie is playing Elijah Moore in the NY CHSAA AA final in a few days. Autry should attend, right? :)

Well said. Hey, Boogie is playing Elijah Moore in the NY CHSAA AA final in a few days. Autry should attend, right? :)
Shoot, every Cuse fan in the tri-state area should attend. The only way we’re solving this dilemma is turning recruiting around in a hurry. Zone, m2m, full court, don’t care. Need the players. Portal can help, but I’m not fooled into thinking it’s the panacea. We must get back to being the brand in our recruiting territory.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom