Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse | Page 36 | Syracusefan.com

Chance Westry Transferring to Syracuse

Wow...I missed that...I thought he played in too many games at Auburn

I could be misremembering but relatively sure I read that sometime after he was officially redshirting this past year.

If he lives up to his potential it's hard to imagine he will be here for another four (or three) seasons anyways. I said last offseason he would be our best guard if he was healthy. That is still the biggest of "ifs" though.

10 minutes off the bench at three different positions. And defending the best perimeter player of the opponent.

I watched a high school game of his. He just destroyed some kid. I don't know if Westry had some beef with this poor guy, but he really dogged him. If Westry is like that all the time, he's one of those guys who just locks you down and then gets right in your face to tell you all about it.

Every team we play will hate his guts, and we will love him for it.
If he is healthy, and as good as advertised, then Bell will have to play defense, rebound, pass, and score to get a lot of minutes.
That would be great for the team.

I could be misremembering but relatively sure I read that sometime after he was officially redshirting this past year.

If he lives up to his potential it's hard to imagine he will be here for another four (or three) seasons anyways. I said last offseason he would be our best guard if he was healthy. That is still the biggest of "ifs" though.
Sorry, the article confirmed what you said. He should have 4 years left

Didn't let me read the first time I clicked! Appreciate it.

I want to believe but I cant until I see him play 20 minutes in a game.

144% THIS.

The most important ability -
is availability.

Chance clearly has talent, skills, and is a plus athlete & defender.
When healthy.

Cannot count on or even plan on what Chance can do for us, until he shows he can do it consistently.

I’m rooting for him, because he would be an amazing wildcard for our team next year.
This is the only way to view westry at this moment. Fun to dream on, very much rooting for a kid who’s clearly very talented. But — and it’s a huge caveat — banking on any sort of production specifically from him is impossible unless someone here understands not only the medicals but also how he looks against top-end competition.

He’s a fun wild card but absolutely just a wild card at this moment.

Sounds good. He can play four years here, get his doctorate, then move over to play for Boeheim's Army.
Haha — that’s what makes me a bit skeptical of that tweet. The idea that any player will be anywhere for four seasons is hard to wrap my brain around at this point.

This is the only way to view westry at this moment. Fun to dream on, very much rooting for a kid who’s clearly very talented. But — and it’s a huge caveat — banking on any sort of production specifically from him is impossible unless someone here understands not only the medicals but also how he looks against top-end competition.

He’s a fun wild card but absolutely just a wild card at this moment.
The how he looks against top end comp is the last thing we have to worry about with this kid. He has the ability. Whether he can get on and stay on the floor is the question. And we can't count on that as of yet.

Haha — that’s what makes me a bit skeptical of that tweet. The idea that any player will be anywhere for four seasons is hard to wrap my brain around at this point.
Yes. If he is as good as some suggest and we get him for two years, I'd sign up for that right now.

I had heard that he wasn’t practicing with the team because he was still injured early in the preseason. Then he was ruled out for the year. Did he actually ever practice with the team at any point or are people just going off his hype?

"The consensus is that he can absolutely become and NBA player. "

Let's see him become an SU player first. (I agree he'll be in the Judah/QC mold)

"Expect a very different offense next year. Not as much isolation, more movement, more passing, and a true post presence. It will be a more balanced attack that gets everyone involved."

Uh Huh. (All for it.)

This is Reds guy. They are super close and if he played this year, life woulda been great. Bummed for the kid mainly and he’s a great kid. Excited for him next season

Actually he’s Gerry’s guy and has been since 9th grade.

“He picked the Orange, he said, because of his relationship with McNamara and because of SU’s proximity to his Harrisburg, Pa., hometown.”

“He picked the Orange, he said, because of his relationship with McNamara and because of SU’s proximity to his Harrisburg, Pa., hometown.”

I’m saying he’s Reds favorite. “He’s his guy” “you’re my guy”

I’m saying he’s Reds favorite. “He’s his guy” “you’re my guy”
That’s what I thought u meant when i initially read it.

I think he would have to petition for a 6th year. I don’t think you can take a regular redshirt and medical redshirt, then still get 4 years.

Not that it matters, he’s not playing 4 more years in college.

The how he looks against top end comp is the last thing we have to worry about with this kid. He has the ability. Whether he can get on and stay on the floor is the question. And we can't count on that as of yet.
I don’t take anything for granted — good or bad — with anyone who hasn’t actually really played. Definitely not saying he can’t be excellent but I just don’t really know how we can bank on him being a stud — despite his credentials — right out of the gate.

I had heard that he wasn’t practicing with the team because he was still injured early in the preseason. Then he was ruled out for the year. Did he actually ever practice with the team at any point or are people just going off his hype?
I saw him workout before practice in late January. He didn’t participate in full team drills but he certainly looked healthy in the workouts. And he looked good. He’s much more physical than I expected. Makes Judah look tiny. He was working with Gerry for a while before practice started.

I saw him workout before practice in late January. He didn’t participate in full team drills but he certainly looked healthy in the workouts. And he looked good. He’s much more physical than I expected. Makes Judah look tiny. He was working with Gerry for a while before practice started.
Yup. I don't think people realize how lanky and big he really is. Can definitely guard multiple positions. I really hope he can stay healthy because he's a big talent.

144% THIS.

The most important ability -
is availability.

Chance clearly has talent, skills, and is a plus athlete & defender.
When healthy.

Cannot count on or even plan on what Chance can do for us, until he shows he can do it consistently.

I’m rooting for him, because he would be an amazing wildcard for our team next year.
This is my attitude about all incoming players. I ain’t falling for the hype no more

Chance approves of yesterday's tweet...
Screenshot_20240413-085953_Instagram.jpg

Let's go, Chance! LGO!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors