Chandler Jones... | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chandler Jones...

What is going on? I still don’t get it. I’m guessing he is having psychological problems?

Sad to say, this is not an uncommon occurrence what w/ CTE and the like. Most of the public still lives in denial about the game that we love. We don't like thinking about it, and again, I'm just speculating here.
I remember Junior Seau was a big eyeopener for me.

Someone needs to step up and help him. Seems to be dealing with the same sorts of issues that his brother Jon has admitted to dealing with.

Sad to say, this is not an uncommon occurrence what w/ CTE and the like. Most of the public still lives in denial about the game that we love. We don't like thinking about it, and again, I'm just speculating here.

Awful. I think it's far more common in the sport than people realize and it just gets disregarded as a "one off" case every time.

We've also seen plenty of mental health episodes online and otherwise of non pro football players. We have no proof either way.

I'm not downplaying CTE, but I am suggesting seeing people suggest every mental health episode a football player has is due to CTE is akin to suggesting every heart issue a young athlete has is due to the vaccines.

We've also seen plenty of mental health episodes online and otherwise of non pro football players. We have no proof either way.

I'm not downplaying CTE, but I am suggesting seeing people suggest every mental health episode a football player has is due to CTE is akin to suggesting every heart issue a young athlete has is due to the vaccines.
Fair enough- though I certainly wouldn't put a provable medical diagnosis like CTE, on the same level as that of conspiracy laden thoughts on vaccines...and I'm certainly not saying that's what you're doing.
Additionally, the thing about CTE is that it's only detected after a thorough brain analysis via autopsy. Let's hope it never comes to that for Chandler.

Fair enough- though I certainly wouldn't put a provable medical diagnosis like CTE, on the same level as that of conspiracy laden thoughts on vaccines...and I'm certainly not saying that's what you're doing.
Additionally, the thing about CTE is that it's only detected after a thorough brain analysis via autopsy. Let's hope it never comes to that for Chandler.
His specific reference was not to conspiracy laden thoughts, but to something the CDC is investigating.

Can anyone help him? I have no idea. Does anyone have any potential answers about what can be done? Is there hope here?

This is brutal to witness from afar - can’t imagine how it is for those close to him?

Someone needs to step up and help him. Seems to be dealing with the same sorts of issues that his brother Jon has admitted to dealing with.
Easier said than done.

Getting help for someone who is going through mental issues is exponentially harder than anyone thinks.

I know we see all the stuff about mental health and getting help for people etc

The reality of the situation is that it’s not that easy. It’s a merry go round of things and everyone passes you off to the next because no one wants to deal with it.

It’s one of the hardest things to deal with when you are so close to a situation like this. Because you try and try and try to get help for the person, but it’s almost impossible.

I never knew how hard it was until we dealt/dealing with it with a family member.

It’s something that absolutely needs to be fixed within America.

It certainly sounds like behavior caused by CTE. Living in San Diego and going through all the craziness with Junior Seau, I suspect repetitive brain injuries whenever decorated pro football players act outside of their normal behavior.

I certainly hope he can get the mental and emotional help he needs before he not only ruins his great legacy, but shortens his life.

Is he wrong Mark Davis isn’t worthy of trust look at his haircut he owns no businesses outside of the NFL team he inherited from his dad. You want to see the definition of a welfare queen that’s him he spent nothing on that stadium that has the highest ticket prices in the league.

McDaniels is a B who rode Brady’s coattails.

Social media is the only thing that makes this a big deal and the publicity but if you sat next to him on a flight or in a bar you’d probably agree with him. He’s intoxicated and the organization didn’t just cut him loose so he could play for someone else crappy situation and of course he’s not blameless. Should have never left New England. Sucks this might cost him a HOF induction.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom