Chino looks pretty rugged | Page 2 | Syracusefan.com

Chino looks pretty rugged

My only caution would be to temper expectations around his offensive skill set. When I saw him last year, he was RAW as can be. Needed lots of work on his positioning, footwork, etc.

I think he has the tools to eventually excel as a defender / rebounder, who can clean up as a garbage man-type offensive player. Might never start, but can play a very important contributory role over the course of his career.

Gotcha. Even a more physical Baye doing the garbage stuff would be fantastic.

I think I have more fat in my pinky finger than he does in both of his arms. I'm hoping for a Jeremy McNeil type player down the road, but maybe more aggressive and angry.

I think I have more fat in my pinky finger than he does in both of his arms. I'm hoping for a Jeremy McNeil type player down the road, but maybe more aggressive and angry.

McNeil had a sick standing vert for a guy with his height and upper body size. I often could not believe how high he got to block shots while anchoring the press when he was basically standing still waiting for the guy with a free run. Without him we probably don't come back in that OkeyST game.

McNeil had a sick standing vert for a guy with his height and upper body size. I often could not believe how high he got to block shots while anchoring the press when he was basically standing still waiting for the guy with a free run. Without him we probably don't come back in that OkeyST game.

He tended to jump too soon and too often and commit to many fouls in the half court. But in the press, knowing that he was the last line of defense, he'd wait until the ball got to him and block it. He was the best center we've ever had for a press.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cuse702

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom