Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 12 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

The best part of the mix linked to today is that it shows the ice that runs through this kid's veins. The stare down and smirk early is magical.
Well said.
2569693-465984-tommelfinger-op-ikonet-gyldne-isoleret-paa-sort-baggrund.jpg

How many of those do you have? Seems like every time I turn around you have a different one.

I guess they don't call it "tee'd up" for nothing
Probably four or five, but running out of ideas!
Gotta come up with some new ones.

Hey Francis (or anyone else who knows), what's the scoop on McCullough's versatility on offense? The highlight clips are pretty impressive in that he does A LOT of damage inside, and they show a few 3s here and there, but is he really potent from back there? What about his mid-range game and ability to create his own shot? Can't wait to see this him in Orange!!!

Hey Francis (or anyone else who knows), what's the scoop on McCullough's versatility on offense? The highlight clips are pretty impressive in that he does A LOT of damage inside, and they show a few 3s here and there, but is he really potent from back there? What about his mid-range game and ability to create his own shot? Can't wait to see this him in Orange!!!
So the athleticism is there, but I have seen what seems to be at least one or two dribble drives from the left side using his off-hand. He has a post up game and can stroke the outside shot, but I am guessing that this is where he will stand to improve upon the most. Speed in the open court. Check. Dunks and vertical. Check. :)
But yeah, I think what you are eluding to (outside shot and mid-range, even post up) are what he will continue to improve on this coming season.

So the athleticism is there, but I have seen what seems to be at least one or two dribble drives from the left side using his off-hand. He has a post up game and can stroke the outside shot, but I am guessing that this is where he will stand to improve upon the most. Speed in the open court. Check. Dunks and vertical. Check. :)
But yeah, I think what you are eluding to (outside shot and mid-range, even post up) are what he will continue to improve on this coming season.

Thanks, tee!

Thanks, tee!
You got it. :)
Francis and I are almost always in agreement on these assessments, so I hope to hear from him on this as well.
After all, this kid is going to stomp on the college basketball world, and I'm excited that he picked the right school to stomp for!

He's at the Hardwood Classic being played in KC.

I know, but isn't that still about an hour away from Lawerence. I'm sure it is nothing, but definitely not good when he tweets he is down the street at their facilitiy (before deleting), and then asking for Kansas followers, unless of course he is looking for Syracuse followers that reside in Kansas. Again, sure it's nothing, but worth mentioning

I know, but isn't that still about an hour away from Lawerence. I'm sure it is nothing, but definitely not good when he tweets he is down the street at their facilitiy (before deleting), and then asking for Kansas followers, unless of course he is looking for Syracuse followers that reside in Kansas. Again, sure it's nothing, but worth mentioning
These kids play all over the place.

i realize that but do they usually visit the near by factory?
His whole AAU team probably went together to kill some time. Also, he's got 4700 twitter followers. When your a top recruit in the country, basketball fans everywhere follow you so he was probably just giving a shout out to them because when you are in Phog Allen, why the hell not.

His whole AAU team probably went together to kill some time. Also, he's got 4700 twitter followers. When your a top recruit in the country, basketball fans everywhere follow you so he was probably just giving a shout out to them because when you are in Phog Allen, why the hell not.

i agree all that is very reasonable and most likely the case. but instead of closing our eyes and plugging our ears i thought it was worth mentioning.

i agree all that is very reasonable and most likely the case. but instead of closing our eyes and plugging our ears i thought it was worth mentioning.
In some cases where you have no control over the outcome, ignorance is bliss. In the case of losing our highest recruit in a long time, I'd rather just not worry for a few months if he decides to decommit (although I think he's a solid verbal)

Francis, you would love this one.
Telep and ESPN/KenturkeyU review their "Top 10", little segment for each player up until #6 Towns.
#7 Chris McCullough? Not a word. Not a peep. They just happened to stop at #6.

Wow, shock me some more KenturkeyU!
That's why I end up stop watching their trash. Just like last year.

Hey Telep: you do realize your teammate Towns got man-handled by our boy, who happened to be left out of McD's and Jordan Brand.
Or do you just happen to miss those state championships?
Chump. :rolleyes:
F Telep.

Recruits are not allowed to visit schools during the evaluation period. Whether he actually visited there or not, he had to take it down or there would've been a lot of trouble afterwards.

Tee mentioned his athleticism and other stuff that I agreed with. So I'll just hit you with what I think he needs to work on to improve. Needs to develop a consistent post game down low. Watched about 3-4 full games of his at Brewster this past season and he never looks comfortable with his back to the basket. Runs the floor really well for his size but at times he could get bored and doesn't always play with intensity. For the most part though in the games that I watched, I could only say in one game that he didn't play his best and kind of looked out of it. Currently under 200lbs, and at 6'9 playing inside he'll have to add weight. I'm sure once he gets into the Melo Center that he'll put on about 15lbs of muscle and be good to handle things inside.

Overall when it comes to athleticism and upside, CMac is a top 5 player in his class. He does have flaws and needs to improve in a few areas, but with another year to work on his game with a good HS coach, I'm confident that he'll get better and be a really good player for us.

Biancardi on McCullough:

5. Versatility

Why it's important:This position has grown over the years as the players' skill set has emerged. To score inside will be of paramount importance and to step away and be a threat is just as crucial. The ability to pound it in through the post on the blocks or stretch out a defense with a jumper or drive makes the power forward so interchangeable for coaches. Defensively, they must guard the low/high post and play pick-and-roll coverages. The ability to guard a center in a pinch is necessary, as some teams play with two forwards and no center.

Who does it best
Chris McCullough (Bronx, N.Y./Brewster Academy): Syracuse-bound because of his length and athletic ability, he is also a fluid and smooth operator with the ball in his hands close to the basket. Scores by running to the rim and finding the ball on put-backs, and also has a short jumper. He can comfortably handle the ball for a few dribbles and from the defensive end he will block shots and rebound with length. A big year for him, as he must show he will play with effort on more of a regular basis.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CuseEagle8

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom