Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 13 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

Probably four or five, but running out of ideas!
Gotta come up with some new ones.

images.jpeg

ESPN feature on recruits who juke their position labels:

Chris McCullough (Bronx, N.Y./Brewster Academy)
6-foot-10, 220 pounds
ESPN 100 rank: 16

While he’s more comfortable facing the basket than playing with his back to it, his niche is his athleticism. His length, explosiveness and ability to cover the court form the basis for his game and in that way he’s really the prototype for the new-age hybrid 4-man.

For those who've seen him play, how would you compare McCullough's game to that of Donte Greene? From what I've read on McCullough, they seem to be very similar. Same size, same ranking, and similar descriptions of athleticism, versatility, length, face-up game - but a need to play with more effort...I'm pumped about our forward trios for this season and next. If only our backcourt had as much NBA type talent/depth, KY would have nothing on us.

For those who've seen him play, how would you compare McCullough's game to that of Donte Greene? From what I've read on McCullough, they seem to be very similar. Same size, same ranking, and similar descriptions of athleticism, versatility, length, face-up game - but a need to play with more effort...I'm pumped about our forward trios for this season and next. If only our backcourt had as much NBA type talent/depth, KY would have nothing on us.

McCullough is a better raw athlete than Greene was, but not as good of a shooter.

EDIT: Now I feel like I want to say more (which is usually the case with me).

I have only seen McCullough play twice so I am hardly an expert on him, but I get the impression that people here are overrating him as an instant impact guy. I think Greene was better than McCullough at his age, and is likely to be better as a freshman at SU than McCullough will be even though its undisputed that McCullough has more long term pro potential.

The good news is McCullough will not be relied upon the way Greene was (who was THE guy on a bad team suffering from injuries to Rautins an Devendorf).

Last edited:
I thought McCullough would have more of a perimeter game and a better handle. I thought he'd be more of a point forward but he likes to play around the basket, and does most of his scoring there. He'll take the outside shot but it's not his game. If you're expecting Billy Owens or Carmelo, even something similar, you'll be disappointed. But he is a very good athlete.

I thought McCullough would have more of a perimeter game and a better handle. I thought he'd be more of a point forward but he likes to play around the basket, and does most of his scoring there. He'll take the outside shot but it's not his game. If you're expecting Billy Owens or Carmelo, even something similar, you'll be disappointed. But he is a very good athlete.
With what we have coming back next year, presumably, I'd rather have a DC type of player

Sent from my SCH-I200 using Tapatalk 2

It seems like everyone is anticipating the recruit that will come in and be a game changer and be the best in the Nation at his position. Well, if that's what some people are in fact awaiting... the wait is over, he's here and his name is Tyler Ennis.

If Grant and Ennis come back next year Chris will be in a GREAT position. He will play but will not have to be the man like Donte did. Teams just wouldn't be able to pay him too much attention ebing in there next to either Jerami or Tyler with Rak or DC2 in the middle. Plus Ennis still running the show. For someone with his skill set it would be ideal.

If Grant and Ennis come back next year Chris will be in a GREAT position. He will play but will not have to be the man like Donte did. Teams just wouldn't be able to pay him too much attention ebing in there next to either Jerami or Tyler with Rak or DC2 in the middle. Plus Ennis still running the show. For someone with his skill set it would be ideal.

Pressure will be on for him to help us win back to back though ;)

Jerami is done after this year barring injury. He's already projected in the mid 1st round

Jerami is done after this year barring injury. He's already projected in the mid 1st round

Certainly a strong possibility but I'm not sure its a dine deal.

At 6'10 220 he reminds me alot of a younger version of 6'11 Lamarcus Aldridge as seen in this clip

Last edited:
Maybe a longer stride on his footwork to get around his defender. Wouldn't mind seeing him develop the midrange game the way 240 pound aldridge has. Not sure I imagine him as a perimeter iso forward, but would love to be wrong.

this is great and all, but i never understood the purpose of those classics when they don't play any defense? why do people even bother attending? it's a glorified shoot around/dunk practice.

i want to see him doing this against defenders that are actually competing.

OE - this is nothing against the link you provided. thank you for that, just speaking in general.

this is great and all, but i never understood the purpose of those classics when they don't play any defense? why do people even bother attending? it's a glorified shoot around/dunk practice.

i want to see him doing this against defenders that are actually competing.

OE - this is nothing against the link you provided. thank you for that, just speaking in general.
Understood

@GoodmanESPN
Syracuse signee Chris McCullough has been dismissed from Brewster Academy for a violation of team rules.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FbBarbie

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom