Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 16 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

Here I was disappointed I wasn't going to get a chance to see him play in the City of Palms, turns out he transferred to another school in the very same tournament.

uhhh...so he graduated high school already? What are we worried about then?
Thinking the same thing. Unless they just typed graduate because they couldn't think of anything else besides graduate and kicked out. I'm assuming it's a student running their twitter though, not an adult.

He's the best player on the floor. Easily the leading scorer (no boxscore). Only wish he would work more in the paint. Everything on the perimeter didn't look willing to rebound on O or D.

I asked about McCullough's status in the beginning of the game via twitter. The announcer (who was pretty good for a History teacher) read it on air and talked about how great Chris was and that it was all a mistake that he took responsibility for. He spoke in general terms but nothing to be worried about going forward.

He's the best player on the floor. Easily the leading scorer (no boxscore). Only wish he would work more in the paint. Everything on the perimeter didn't look willing to rebound on O or D.

I asked about McCullough's status in the beginning of the game via twitter. The announcer (who was pretty good for a History teacher) read it on air and talked about how great Chris was and that it was all a mistake that he took responsibility for. He spoke in general terms but nothing to be worried about going forward.
He's destroying his old team now, multiple threes and must be flirting with at least 15-20 points.

tee1222 said:
He's destroying his old team now, multiple threes and must be flirting with at least 15-20 points.

That's a good sign. When I saw him a year ago, most of his scoring came inside. I was hoping to see more of a perimeter game. I'm excited.

I only watched the last few minutes and OT so don't take this as meanigful. In those minutes, he missed a few shots, didn't seem totally involved in the offense, and didnt try at all on D or on the boards (I assume its because he had 4 fouls but thats just a guess). Based on the previous posts about him doing well earlier, I wanna know what your guys thoughts were on his last few minutes, if they were ananomaly or not? He did show some decent handles and moves/counter moves which I was impressed with even though his shots weren't close to falling.

I only watched the last few minutes and OT so don't take this as meanigful. In those minutes, he missed a few shots, didn't seem totally involved in the offense, and didnt try at all on D or on the boards (I assume its because he had 4 fouls but thats just a guess). Based on the previous posts about him doing well earlier, I wanna know what your guys thoughts were on his last few minutes, if they were ananomaly or not?
He scored a bunch during the middle. Would have to agree with the lack of involvement and the lack of interest in D and boards. Senioritis?

He scored a bunch during the middle. Would have to agree with the lack of involvement and the lack of interest in D and boards. Senioritis?
Maybe he just didn't want to beat his old team and feels no obligation to help IMG close out a win.

Chris will be fine hes ready for the big stage of the carrier dome but got to stay humble and be a gym rat and book worm for another year.

Hope he becomes more of this preinjury
lma-2013-all-star.jpg

then Donte Greene.

Last edited:
After reading the last several posts here, is there any reason to be concerned with his apparent lack of effort on D? Is that normal from Chris? JB certainly won't let that fly next year, so I hope that isn't an issue.

On the flip side, I was thrilled to hear that Chris is knocking down 3s! Hopefully he'll be good enough from there to have the green light from JB next year. I was a little concerned thinking about next year's team makeup and how it seems that the forwards that will be getting any meaningful playing time will have more of a power forward's game instead of a small forward's. If Grant stays, seeing him and Chris on the court together would be great, but I wasn't sure if that was going to really limit us on offense with both guys playing primarily inside.

After reading the last several posts here, is there any reason to be concerned with his apparent lack of effort on D? Is that normal from Chris? JB certainly won't let that fly next year, so I hope that isn't an issue.

On the flip side, I was thrilled to hear that Chris is knocking down 3s! Hopefully he'll be good enough from there to have the green light from JB next year. I was a little concerned thinking about next year's team makeup and how it seems that the forwards that will be getting any meaningful playing time will have more of a power forward's game instead of a small forward's. If Grant stays, seeing him and Chris on the court together would be great, but I wasn't sure if that was going to really limit us on offense with both guys playing primarily inside.

This is where BJ becomes very important. There have been lots of speculation about him getting time at the 2, but with our staple of forwards next yr (possibly grant, roberson, Mccullough) all being more of the 4 type, BJ is the one (Gbinje also to an extent) that is more of a perimiter oriented forward who can knock down the shots and spread out the defense. He will help provide a great mix with the other guys.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom