Class of 2014 - Chris mccullough | Page 8 | Syracusefan.com

Class of 2014 Chris mccullough

Brewster Academy Alumni Game video recap. A lot of Buss and CM - game featured Thomas Robinson, Will Barton, Mitch McGary, and others. Smooth Patterson three and steal in the video and some jams and a jumper form CM as well.

Cool vid, thanks. Buss probably made the only significant defensive play in that game with that steal n break away dunk lol.

Outside of dissapointment because of AO and Fab - has this not been one of the longest and most fun stretches to be an SU hoops nut the past 5 years? And now we have a solid roster next year with the talent train just rolling along for 2014 and on as well..

Outside of dissapointment because of AO and Fab - has this not been one of the longest and most fun stretches to be an SU hoops nut the past 5 years? And now we have a solid roster next year with the talent train just rolling along for 2014 and on as well..
Absolutely agree. Very impressive season, and it feels like we will be there again this coming year and next. Maybe even better.

Two vicious dunks by CMcC at Pangos. Can't wait for November and his official signing!

I call that rim abuse.
comment-friday-damn.jpg

Via E S P N -

Most Upside
Chris McCullough (Bronx, N.Y./Brewster Academy)
2014, PF, 6-foot-9, 215 pounds
Committed to Syracuse
McCullough was the No. 1 prospect at the camp for his class. The hybrid 4-man can affect the game in multiple ways and he does it so smoothly. He can step out and nail 3-point shots (ideal release) or take his defender off the drive. McCullough moves well without the ball and he's very bouncy to boot. He's more assertive than I originally thought and made a number of plays in the paint at both ends to prove that notion.

Via E S P N -

Most Upside
Chris McCullough (Bronx, N.Y./Brewster Academy)
2014, PF, 6-foot-9, 215 pounds
McCullough was the No. 1 prospect at the camp for his class. The hybrid 4-man can affect the game in multiple ways and he does it so smoothly. He can step out and nail 3-point shots (ideal release) or take his defender off the drive. McCullough moves well without the ball and he's very bouncy to boot. He's more assertive than I originally thought and made a number of plays in the paint at both ends to prove that notion.

Sweet jesus.

We've found the chosen one.

Staying motivated and consistent will be the biggest challenge for him moving forward.
Yeah man, sometimes kids are just so talented that they can excel without trying too hard. Can you even imagine how good he could be if he had that fire inside, the will to be the best?

Yeah man, sometimes kids are just so talented that they can excel without trying too hard. Can you even imagine how good he could be if he had that fire inside, the will to be the best?
He's young, give him time for that.
I know that some innately have this fire, but this guy might just realize how good he can be when he's humbled with the new level of competition, big school, etc. He might get pulled early on by JB (or someone else?), then realize he has to get hungrier. I think he must know he has the talent and athleticism to make this a career one day, but as we've already seen, doesn't necessarily make it a truth yet.

Christopher McCullough will bring home the soldiers.

The more appropriate comparison would have been Donte (Hurt Me) Greene.

Reminds me a lot of Donyell Marshall. Tall, good handle, good jump shot and great athleticism. Too bad Marshall was lazy and didn't care. Hope he doesn't end up like him.

Reminds me a lot of Donyell Marshall. Tall, good handle, good jump shot and great athleticism. Too bad Marshall was lazy and didn't care. Hope he doesn't end up like him.
I like him to have Marshall's college career. Stay 3 years and average 11 pts/17 pts/25 pts per game.

What I meant was if you want to choose a player who had the skills to be in the NBA but didn't take college seriously, or didn't really put forth a winning effort, it would be Donte.

Skills wise, I really like Chris and think he has a game a lot like Charles Smith of the Knicks and Pitt as a college player.

What I meant was if you want to choose a player who had the skills to be in the NBA but didn't take college seriously, or didn't really put forth a winning effort, it would be Donte.

Skills wise, I really like Chris and think he has a game a lot like Charles Smith of the Knicks and Pitt as a college player.

I wouldn't say Donte didn't take college seriously. He enjoyed himself and could have taken things more seriously but that team was seriously flawed and we leaned on him waaaaaaaay to much. He delivered a very good freshman season and would have been a serious AA stud as a soph with Andy and Devo back to spread the floor.
Kid gets knocked too much here IMO. His shooting suffered because every team knew he was the only guy we had who could shoot. He did take 2-3 horrible shots a game and make multiple freshman mistakes but as a freshman on the least experienced team JB has ever fielded he put up 17.7pts, 7.2reb, 2as, 1.6bl, 1.3st

I wouldn't say Donte didn't take college seriously. He enjoyed himself and could have taken things more seriously but that team was seriously flawed and we leaned on him waaaaaaaay to much. He delivered a very good freshman season and would have been a serious AA stud as a soph with Andy and Devo back to spread the floor.
Kid gets knocked too much here IMO. His shooting suffered because every team knew he was the only guy we had who could shoot. He did take 2-3 horrible shots a game and make multiple freshman mistakes but as a freshman on the least experienced team JB has ever fielded he put up 17.7pts, 7.2reb, 2as, 1.6bl, 1.3st

Exactly. People who bash Donte are dopes. Also, two things happened that contributed to him leaving. A, he was told he was a top 15 pick. Also, his girlfriend got pregnant. Until those 2 things happened, he was coming back.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
vegasnick

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom