CJ Fair at a local hospital for stitches per Donna Ditota | Syracusefan.com

CJ Fair at a local hospital for stitches per Donna Ditota

punching a guy in the face isn't even reviewable for a late foul and one call, even after you draw blood. But you can go back and review a swinging of the elbows because a defender is all over you and wont get you room to move a leg without falling over and traveling. I don't get it.

I sure as hell hope that dunk is a SportsCenter Top 10 nominee...it wasn't the greatest dunk ever, but considering it was a facial in which he finished despite being clocked in the face and bloodied, it was really damn impressive.

punching a guy in the face isn't even reviewable for a late foul and one call, even after you draw blood. But you can go back and review a swinging of the elbows because a defender is all over you and wont get you room to move a leg without falling over and traveling. I don't get it.

Said the same thing to my dad after that happened during the game.

It is flat out absurd that a foul wasn't called there. Guy clearly gets hit in the face, gets cut, blood flowing, etc. and no call.

But hey--they called Keita on a weak moving screen...despite missing all of the ones that the Gophers did all game long.

#refssucked

Kudos to CJ for handling such a blatant foul with such grace & class. Makes me proud to be an Orange fan. I'll even give a shout out to Jimmy Dykes for uttering the same on a couple of occasions, even though he and that baseball announcer Giambi were practically homers for those 'fuzzy foreigners' the entire friggin game.

Said the same thing to my dad after that happened during the game.

It is flat out absurd that a foul wasn't called there. Guy clearly gets hit in the face, gets cut, blood flowing, etc. and no call.

But hey--they called Keita on a weak moving screen...despite missing all of the ones that the Gophers did all game long.

#refssucked
Couldn't agree more. I caught myself talking to myself after that foul about how it was good to see the ref's call touch fouls 28 ft from the basket. Really unexplainable.

No surprise on the OP's update that CJ went to a hospital to get stiches. I knew it right after I saw it. Koudos to the trainer who was able to make the cut stop bleeding so he could continue to play.

He'll be fine. A scar to remember, but OK.

Mean while dudes throw themselves on the floor and run around like 3 year olds looking for their mommy until the game starts again. CJ gets hammered while finishing his business touches his face to check for blood while on the ground, looks at the ref and gets up to run back down the court. CJ acted like most non pampered bball players do when cold cocked, they look around wondering why the they got coldcocked and if its coming again, if not they mov along going What why did that happen to me.

-e2c9e29bdf30081c.jpg

Per the thread title, when they say local, I wonder if they flew him to The Queen's hospital, or if there is something quality right on Maui? Ive been to The Queen's once a good while ago and could have gotten into a minor argument in the waiting room while watching some sports and another patron changing it to one of the Williams sisters' matches, to which I told the woman she was going to win anyhow and I wanted to watch something competitive :)

Yeah, that my confusion. They reviewed a play in the Michigan/Charlotte game where McGarry had a garden variety discard after a rebound for an elbow - no foul was called on the play either. Yet this, almost decapitating a player, isn't even worth a second look?

They were just lazy...and awful. They didn't even check the clock to put more time on when the ball went out of bounds right before halftime.

Per the thread title, when they say local, I wonder if they flew him to The Queen's hospital, or if there is something quality right on Maui? Ive been to The Queen's once a good while ago and could have gotten into a minor argument in the waiting room while watching some sports and another patron changing it to one of the Williams sisters' matches, to which I told the woman she was going to win anyhow and I wanted to watch something competitive :)

I assumed Crouse...you mean Donna meant local in Hawaii?

I heard C.J. Is stitching himself up with barbed wire and a rusty nail, taking a swig of whiskey for the pain.

That reminds me of stuff Ive been reading on "The Legend Of Kiko Alsonso", Bills' soft-spoken rookie linebacker. Quality player and person, and laconic, a man of few words.

http://espn.go.com/video/clip?id=espn:9921384

Maybe someone can start a Legend of CJ Fair on twitter?

Last edited:
I assumed Crouse...you mean Donna meant local in Hawaii?

My question was how local? Local on Maui or requiring a flight to Oahu. No need for sarcasm. I had to take medication a bit earlier which made my head a bit groggy so my wording may not have been as clear as usual. I figured someone semi-famous may want a bit better quality care to something that is visible on the face, vs a scar elsewhere, if that makes sense.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jc824

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Top Bottom